Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girl Head Coaching change at Allen Central
I've heard that the Hopkins family isn't coming back to AC. I don't know if they were fired or just decide not to take the program this year. I think its a good thing for the girls though. I respect the coaches but notice I'm saying "coaches". Jennifer Hopkins was the "head coach" but seem to let her brother and dad do more coaching then her. From talking with some of the players they said it was hard because they didn't know which one to listen to because they would all three talk at the sametime. This wasn't good for the program as it showed the past two season as the girls won a total of 8 games. It's shows that AC doesn't care about their girls program when it comes to basketball. Hiring someone who had never coached before to take the program. It really bothers me. I graudated from AC and would love to see the program back to where it once was. The talent and the amount of girls going out for the team has dropped so much in the past 3 years or so. I haven't heard who will be the new coach or if anyone has but in for the job has anyone else heard anything?
On_Fire Wrote:I've heard that the Hopkins family isn't coming back to AC. I don't know if they were fired or just decide not to take the program this year. I think its a good thing for the girls though. I respect the coaches but notice I'm saying "coaches". Jennifer Hopkins was the "head coach" but seem to let her brother and dad do more coaching then her. From talking with some of the players they said it was hard because they didn't know which one to listen to because they would all three talk at the sametime. This wasn't good for the program as it showed the past two season as the girls won a total of 8 games. It's shows that AC doesn't care about their girls program when it comes to basketball. Hiring someone who had never coached before to take the program. It really bothers me. I graudated from AC and would love to see the program back to where it once was. The talent and the amount of girls going out for the team has dropped so much in the past 3 years or so. I haven't heard who will be the new coach or if anyone has but in for the job has anyone else heard anything?

From what I can gather, Coach Hopkins resign last week. From watching basketball for a long time in this county, Allen Central could not of had a better coaching staff. Jennifer's father has forgotten more basketball than what most people know. For her brother, I watched him coached while he helped Coach Rose at BL. He done a really good job with the boys while he was here. I've spoken with several girl coaches and none of them would of stepped into the position that she did 2 years ago. I also can not forget how the parents acted when we played them at home this year. I would love to see her come to BL and help coach Akers. I'm going to dig a little deeper and see if I can find anything else out about what happen.
I really like the family but Jimmy just won at the middle school boys level, he had more talent then anyone the year he took SF over the first year. 3 starters coming from Mcdowell (who where all a runner-ups the year before) and 3 starters coming from Wheelwright. but did not win a game because it was not the middle school level. Her brother helped Coach Rose at BL and never won anything on the jv or freshmen level. Jennifer is proablly the best coach out of the three but I agree was put in a hard situation at AC with little talent and high expectations but it did not help having her family on staff. She might have been better off getting assistants outside the family the first couple of years in coaching. But good luck to jennifer if she continues her coaching carrer or in anything else she wants to do.
Whatever happened to Coach Martin? He had AC playing as a regional power during his tenure. Is he coaching anywhere now?
RUMOR----Mark Martin will return to AC next year as the girls coach!!!!
The Hopkins' are fine people, but as I understand it, not coaching material. And my understanding is that Colonial Maynard will be head coach and Mark Martin will return to AC girls program as Assistant (a much needed change)
FOX SPORTS Wrote:RUMOR----Mark Martin will return to AC next year as the girls coach!!!!
i heard this too.
It's finally Mark Martin will be the girls basketball coach at AC. I don't know if thats a good thing or not, but I see the program in better shape with him then it has been for past two years. Their will be open gym for the girls starting tomorrow.
coach martin back at ac_ watch out 15th region in years to come
FOX SPORTS Wrote:RUMOR----Mark Martin will return to AC next year as the girls coach!!!!

Mark loves the program and took pride in what he did during his brief stint as head coach at Allen Central before. The district is young and wide open. With a little molding and shaping, Mark should build more interest in the program.

Good luck to Jennifer and the Hopkins family. Jimmy's a great guy to be around and loves the game. To Jennifer's credit though, she was left with very little talent and to be honest, the job was too big for her - a first year coach with no experience taking over a program in dire need of rebuilding.

I think Mark will begin to preach the fundamentals to this team and have them winning again in the short term.
good luck AC
How much control does one person really need over a school's atheletic program??? It is slowly but surely turning into a DICTATORSHIP at AC!!!! Is it not enough that Col. Maynard already holds the title as AD and volleyball head coach?? Where will he find the time to dedicate himself to the added Girls HEAD basketball coach? I guess the next thing on his list will be Boy's Basketball Coach, then who knows.. maybe even principal of the school.
Mark martin is a good guy good luck if he gets job.
After speaking with AC officials and Mark Martin, it's my understanding that Mark is the head coach and that he will "officially" have the title at the end of summer once some wrinkles are ironed out involving a certified position. Col. Maynard has been listed as the coach because Martin cannot officially take the position until these wrinkles are ironed out, but it shouldn't be a problem.

Good luck to Mark and the Lady Rebs.
The best thing that could happen to the girls program at AC, Mark is one heck of a coach and gives his all to the girls and the program. I think things are looking up for girls basketball at AC and hopefully we will get back the pride that Allen Central Girls Basketball is about.
I hope this is true for the AC girls and Mark. He is passionate about the game and will do a great job.
My daughter brought this site to my attention the other night. I would like to say thanks to the Hopkins’ family for all that you did for the program the last 2 years. My daughter was heartbroken when she found out that Coach Hopkins was not returning. I would like to say that my daughter learned a lot about basketball under them. Coach Hopkins put a lot of time and hard work into this program the last 2 years. She made sure that any girl that wanted to attend summer camps was able to, and provided the best gear for the girls. If I’m not mistaken, when she took over the program only 6 high school girls come out for the team. This had a lot to do with the way Mark Martin run the program, he’s the reason the program went down. I can honestly say that my daughter was never cursed or blamed a loss during the tenure of Coach Hopkins, unlike the days of Mark Martin. Coach Hopkins took a program on the decline and had it going in the right direction, last year she had 10 high school girls out playing. She was not blessed with an abundance of talent, but you see the girls improve over the last two years. Someone said that Mark Martin had a real passion for the program, I don’t you could ever question the passion that Coach Hopkins had. I for one would like to say thanks and good luck in the future.
rebelacdc Wrote:My daughter brought this site to my attention the other night. I would like to say thanks to the Hopkins’ family for all that you did for the program the last 2 years. My daughter was heartbroken when she found out that Coach Hopkins was not returning. I would like to say that my daughter learned a lot about basketball under them. Coach Hopkins put a lot of time and hard work into this program the last 2 years. She made sure that any girl that wanted to attend summer camps was able to, and provided the best gear for the girls. If I’m not mistaken, when she took over the program only 6 high school girls come out for the team. This had a lot to do with the way Mark Martin run the program, he’s the reason the program went down. I can honestly say that my daughter was never cursed or blamed a loss during the tenure of Coach Hopkins, unlike the days of Mark Martin. Coach Hopkins took a program on the decline and had it going in the right direction, last year she had 10 high school girls out playing. She was not blessed with an abundance of talent, but you see the girls improve over the last two years. Someone said that Mark Martin had a real passion for the program, I don’t you could ever question the passion that Coach Hopkins had. I for one would like to say thanks and good luck in the future.

Glad to hear your opinion on the subject and thanks for sharing - welcome to the site.

If I may, I would like to point out that Martin had success while he was coaching the team in terms of wins, regional tournament wins, helping a couple of girls extend their careers to the collegiate level (Becky Thomas) and build for the future. I know Mark professionally and being around him in the field of broadcasting, whenever his station came to broadcast a game involving Allen Central, his former players would come up to talk about the their current situation and just to say "hi". Mark was appreciated and loved by many of his former players.

I hope that Mark's return would not deter your daughter from coming out to help the team, because just like when Jennifer took over, Mark has been left with only 5 high school girls and some junior high players that have never played one single minute of high school basketball. What does this say for Jennifer and how she had the program "heading in the right direction?" Also, I hate to point this out to you, but if Mark had been allowed to maintain his teaching job 2 seasons ago, he would've been dealing with the same rebuilding project that Jennifer chose to take. He didn't take any players with him and one starter (Yumekia Hunter) quit the team because of Jennifer. Mark knew he had a huge rebuilding job ahead of him and he wasn't going to back away from that.

As for Jennifer, I said this before: as a rookie coach, she was in a little over her head in terms of the rebuilding job. Mark had two years on her in the situation and was beginning to build a foundation. That process was restarted from the beginning by Jennifer and the Hopkins' and let's be honest, it never got off the ground. I would also say that if Mark had stayed, they may have been a few wins better, but more importantly, the players would have been used to his system and his ways, thus their fundamentals would have been better than they are now. That's no slap to Jennifer or her family, they are great people, just this wasn't the ideal situation for Jennifer to walk into and I wish them all good luck in the future.

I'm sure Mark has made mistakes and I'm even more sure that he would like to have your daughter and as many girls as possible taking interest in bringing Allen Central Lady Rebs basketball back to where it was in the 1990's.
I agree Jammin Jamie, good post and everything you said is true. I think the Lady Rebel program is headed back in the right direction and I think he will bring back the pride of the Lady Rebel program. Best of luck to Mark and the Lady Rebels, we are behind you 100% and will be there cheering for you.
I am not from AC, or from Floyd Co. for that fact, but I do know Mark Martin. He is a great guy. He told me this spring that he wanted to coach somewhere, anywhere. Any coaching change takes some adjustment. I'm sure that Jennifer is a quality person who loved the girls. I also think that Mark will be good for the girls also. All you can ask for in a coach is to have the passion and love for the game and the girls and I believe that Mark has that. Give him a chance, I think he will do well.
brainbuster Wrote:How much control does one person really need over a school's atheletic program??? It is slowly but surely turning into a DICTATORSHIP at AC!!!! Is it not enough that Col. Maynard already holds the title as AD and volleyball head coach?? Where will he find the time to dedicate himself to the added Girls HEAD basketball coach? I guess the next thing on his list will be Boy's Basketball Coach, then who knows.. maybe even principal of the school.

I agree completely! but the promblem starts with the administration at AC, not Col. Maynard (He's just a pupet of the administration --- a "Yes Man" sort of speak) and as long as the powers that be continue to look the other way the administration at AC will continue to smack down, and mistreat anyone who defies them in anyway. Col. Maynard is just taking advantage of the current situation! Your giving him way too much credit, without this current administration Col. Maynard would be a little fish in a big pond. He's not responsible!

Look for example at what happen to Ronnie Patton. He won the first ever 15th regional baseball title and was fired 8 days later becasue of a parent complaint. At least that was the official excuse he was given. Oh, by the way he was replaced by the husband of a SBMD member.

The administration has done everything they could do to run off Johnny Martin. Who is one of the most successful basketball coaches in 15th region history. They fired him as AD, Track coach, and department chair, in an attempt to get rid of him.

Now the administration has basically held a coaching job for M. Martin the last two or three years even though it is a fact that he was dismissed from teaching by not having the proper certification. What kind of a message does that send about the administartion. Well I'll tell you "They could care less how qualified you are, how good of a coach you are, how hard you work, or anything else as long as your in the click" UMMMM --- wonder who the next boys coach will be when they finally run Johnny Martin off?

These things will continue to happen at AC as long as the powers that be let them happen! Hopefully, with a new superintentent soon, whoever that may be, they will make the administration at AC justify their decisions and hold them responsible for the way they treat the people who have dedicated so much of their time and energy to the school and community. Hopefully, they will also ensure people are treated fairly at AC.
I have been a friend and a wo-worker with Mark Martin. His work ethic and passion for the game and his kids, both athletes and students has made an impact in a lot of kids both boys and girls ranging from Pike County to Floyd County. Many call him "coach" from the YMCA to the local Wal-Mart.
I have been watching these comments for a while and I would like to clarify a few things that have been said, especially referring to the earlier statement on the dismissal of Coach Patton.
The reasoning for the change is more about a "principle" issue than about the wins and loses, which is what high school sports should be all about. The word "defy" which means to confront or resist boldly, or to dare a superiors instruction. When a coach can not play by the rules given to them by his boss, I feel it is justified to take action.

I know that Mark Martin called Ms. Hall after the Hopkins resigned excited about an opportunity to go back to Allen Central. I know that the girls and their parents are excited that Mark has taken so much time (with out a full time teaching job) to work with these young players. How can you judge someone with out all the facts!
Curious to hear your thoughts and replies.
Oldschoolvalues.... balls in your court.
Luke The Drifter Wrote:I agree completely! but the promblem starts with the administration at AC, not Col. Maynard (He's just a pupet of the administration --- a "Yes Man" sort of speak) and as long as the powers that be continue to look the other way the administration at AC will continue to smack down, and mistreat anyone who defies them in anyway. Col. Maynard is just taking advantage of the current situation! Your giving him way too much credit, without this current administration Col. Maynard would be a little fish in a big pond. He's not responsible!

Look for example at what happen to Ronnie Patton. He won the first ever 15th regional baseball title and was fired 8 days later becasue of a parent complaint. At least that was the official excuse he was given. Oh, by the way he was replaced by the husband of a SBMD member.

The administration has done everything they could do to run off Johnny Martin. Who is one of the most successful basketball coaches in 15th region history. They fired him as AD, Track coach, and department chair, in an attempt to get rid of him.

Now the administration has basically held a coaching job for M. Martin the last two or three years even though it is a fact that he was dismissed from teaching by not having the proper certification. What kind of a message does that send about the administartion. Well I'll tell you "They could care less how qualified you are, how good of a coach you are, how hard you work, or anything else as long as your in the click" UMMMM --- wonder who the next boys coach will be when they finally run Johnny Martin off?

These things will continue to happen at AC as long as the powers that be let them happen! Hopefully, with a new superintentent soon, whoever that may be, they will make the administration at AC justify their decisions and hold them responsible for the way they treat the people who have dedicated so much of their time and energy to the school and community. Hopefully, they will also ensure people are treated fairly at AC.

This situation with Coach Mark Martin and AC is nothing like the Ronnie Patton/Johnny Martin issues of the past. As noted by another poster in this thread, Coach Patton was let go simply because he wouldn't do what he told by the principal - and that was to dismiss his son from the coaching staff. Parent(s) complained about Coach Patton's son and his attitude towards and the players. If he had simply followed orders, he may still be in that position today. I think the firing was justified. Just because you field a winning team doesn't put you above the powers that make sound decisions for students. Yes, there was a plot by Craig Kidd and others to give Kidd the coaching position, but like most attempts at things like that, people's true colors show through and he was later dismissed for VERY valid reasons.

As for Johnny, he justified why he should stay as head coach with last season's team. He'll tell you that he neglected his position in previous seasons and righted the ship last year and has placed some key building blocks in place to keep the boys team winning on the hardwood. His job is not in danger - period.

Here's the story behind AC Girls coaching changes:
Coach Hopkins resigned from the position she was given a few months ago, after leaving a brutal schedule in place for Col. Maynard and the next coach to deal with I might add. The team is very young in key positions and don't need to be playing teams like Lawrence Co, Johnson Central or making tournament trips to West Carter or Louisville.

Mark Martin was "let go" from his coaching/teaching position because he wasn't certified in his field. He was given time to complete the certification while teaching and was unable to complete it. He doesn't hide that fact and will be straightforward with anyone who inquirers about it.

Throughout the summer, Coach Martin and his assistants have volunteered their time to run summer camp for the girls. He has also completed his certification, so there should be no questions about his certification. Col. Maynard was listed as the head coach only in the interim sense until Mark completed his certification. Now that's complete and old news. The girls coaching job was "never held" for Mark. You are forgetting one key ingredient here: Coach Hopkins RESIGNED - she wasn't let go. And I don't know too many coaches willing to sacrifice their time to coach a young team that will need to work very hard to field a competive ballclub on the court - do you?
This situation with Coach Mark Martin and AC is nothing like the Ronnie Patton/Johnny Martin issues of the past. As noted by another poster in this thread, Coach Patton was let go simply because he wouldn't do what he told by the principal - and that was to dismiss his son from the coaching staff. Parent(s) complained about Coach Patton's son and his attitude towards and the players. If he had simply followed orders, he may still be in that position today. I think the firing was justified. Just because you field a winning team doesn't put you above the powers that make sound decisions for students. Yes, there was a plot by Craig Kidd and others to give Kidd the coaching position, but like most attempts at things like that, people's true colors show through and he was later dismissed for VERY valid reasons.

As for Johnny, he justified why he should stay as head coach with last season's team. He'll tell you that he neglected his position in previous seasons and righted the ship last year and has placed some key building blocks in place to keep the boys team winning on the hardwood. His job is not in danger - period.

Here's the story behind AC Girls coaching changes:
Coach Hopkins resigned from the position she was given a few months ago, after leaving a brutal schedule in place for Col. Maynard and the next coach to deal with I might add. The team is very young in key positions and don't need to be playing teams like Lawrence Co, Johnson Central or making tournament trips to West Carter or Louisville.

Mark Martin was "let go" from his coaching/teaching position because he wasn't certified in his field. He was given time to complete the certification while teaching and was unable to complete it. He doesn't hide that fact and will be straightforward with anyone who inquirers about it.

Throughout the summer, Coach Martin and his assistants have volunteered their time to run summer camp for the girls. He has also completed his certification, so there should be no questions about his certification. Col. Maynard was listed as the head coach only in the interim sense until Mark completed his certification. Now that's complete and old news. The girls coaching job was "never held" for Mark. You are forgetting one key ingredient here: Coach Hopkins RESIGNED - she wasn't let go. And I don't know too many coaches willing to sacrifice their time to coach a young team that will need to work very hard to field a competive ballclub on the court - do you?

JJ,

You know, I normally agree with the majority of the things you post and stand for...I've also been a huge fan of yours during basketball broadcasts...but I'm sort of like OLDSCHOOLVALUES on this one.

I too have monitored a lot of posts over the months without responding.

On the positive side...I think it's great that you are such an ardent fan of Floyd Co. athletics. For the most part you are accurate with your posts.

But the fact of the matter is that some of your info comes from VERY biased people.

Your useful info concerning girl's basketball team at AC is nearly dead on.

Your comments about the the Ronnie Patton/Craig Kidd Saga has some truth and lots of inaccurate facts. It's a very tired topic and really has nothing to do with the original topic...

AC baseball is the finest program in the county and among the best in the region. It's in very good hands now..much better than with either Ronnie Patton or Craig Kidd.

Hopefully, the girl's basketball program at AC can return to prominence in the county and region. I think that Mark Martin and Larry Maynard will do everything humanly possible to get it there.

In the meantime, keep getting the good word out about Floyd County athletics.
Lost Ball Wrote:JJ,

You know, I normally agree with the majority of the things you post and stand for...I've also been a huge fan of yours during basketball broadcasts...but I'm sort of like OLDSCHOOLVALUES on this one.

I too have monitored a lot of posts over the months without responding.

On the positive side...I think it's great that you are such an ardent fan of Floyd Co. athletics. For the most part you are accurate with your posts.

But the fact of the matter is that some of your info comes from VERY biased people.

Your useful info concerning girl's basketball team at AC is nearly dead on.

Your comments about the the Ronnie Patton/Craig Kidd Saga has some truth and lots of inaccurate facts. It's a very tired topic and really has nothing to do with the original topic...

AC baseball is the finest program in the county and among the best in the region. It's in very good hands now..much better than with either Ronnie Patton or Craig Kidd.

Hopefully, the girl's basketball program at AC can return to prominence in the county and region. I think that Mark Martin and Larry Maynard will do everything humanly possible to get it there.

In the meantime, keep getting the good word out about Floyd County athletics.

I think we all may be on the same page, because I agree with OldSchoolValues as well as you do. Thank you for listening to our broadcast, it means a whole boatload to Tommy and myself personally.

The Patton/Kidd saga is old, the story has been twisted I agree, but like you said - it has nothing to do with this topic and that's what I was trying to point out to Luke. The vacancy of the Girls BB position has been handled differently than the baseball position was. There are always going to be parents that disagree with a move, no matter if it's justified or not. I take it from Luke's post that he disagrees with the Girls BB position and that it was filled by Coach Martin. That's his opinion and that's fine, glad he expressed it. But he and others needed to know why the move was made and what the story was behind it. When OSV said, "When a coach can not play by the rules given to them by his boss, I feel it is justified to take action." I was merely agreeing with him. I hope that wasn't taken a different way and apologize if it was. Wink

I think the baseball program is in fine hands with Coach Johnson will improve.

Also, I'm glad you think my info on the girls basketball program is "dead-on" because the info came from Mark and Col. themselves. I wanted the "know" what was happening and whenever I have questions, they do their best to tell me the truth and I really respect both of them. Both took time out of practice this summer to answer my questions. I too hope the Girls Basketball program can make a strong turnaround and help bring pride back to not only them, but Floyd County athletics in general.

Personally, I'm tired of folks downing Floyd County teams because they are not as good as other programs in the region. Every school goes through down times, hopefully, things will begin to change. And I think the Girls BB program is on the right track to comeback and be competitive once again.

Keep posting Lost Ball...Thanks again.
Anytime a coach volunteers his or her time to coach, thats always commendable in my book. Especially when they have a certifcation process they are going through. JJ, do you know if AC's schedule will change any? Like you said it looked pretty brutal for a young team.
clipperw Wrote:Anytime a coach volunteers his or her time to coach, thats always commendable in my book. Especially when they have a certifcation process they are going through. JJ, do you know if AC's schedule will change any? Like you said it looked pretty brutal for a young team.

Last I heard from Mark, most of those games including some critical tournaments, will have to stay on the schedule. Most teams don't want to drop AC from their schedule because opponents feel like it will be a win.

And yes, those coaches "volunteered" their time this summer.

At this point, I think Allen Central will be in the basement of the district, but they have some very young talent with size inside that could give opponents problems. By the end of the season, I think they will have a shot at a runner's up position in the district tournament, but it will all depend on if they can keep from finishing last in the conference because they would then have to face BL in the district tournament and the Lady Cats are by far the favorite to win the district/conference.
This is getting absolutley ridiculous. I read through these posts almost every day and nothing has made me any more furious than these preposterous posts that some have chose to make. One in particular about the job at AC being "held" for the past couple of years for Mark Martin..

To set the record straight again... Coach Hopkins RESIGNED from the position. She wasn't there to simply hold the position for Coach Martin, she was there to do her job as the coach and in the end, simply decided to hang it up on her own... for her own reasons... She was NOT forced out to bring Mark back in.

Now I am terribly sorry if some of you don't like the fact that Coach Martin is back on the sidelines, but fact of the matter is, he is a good coach and has proven it through previous success at AC. Now, I am not downing the Hopkins' in any way... I am just saying that Mark Martin has proven himself and deserves a little respect from those of you who don't think he deserves another chance. :dontthink

Col. Maynard, Mark, and his coaching staff have VOLUNTEERED their time throuhout the summer to work with the girls.. Notice I say VOLUNTEERED... The fact that this group of coaches cares enough about the girls to VOLUNTEER their time on hot, sultery summer evenings in June and July should count for something.. A little credit maybe. It is no secret to anyone that this is going to be a rebuilding year for the girls and with Coach Martin leading the way, hopefully the program will get back on track. He definitely has devotion and compassion for the game to lead the AC program back to where it used to be... as a powerhouse in the 15th region. :rockon:

I say... GOOD LUCK TO COACH MARTIN AND THE AC LADY REBS!!!!
oldschoolvalues Wrote:I have been a friend and a wo-worker with Mark Martin. His work ethic and passion for the game and his kids, both athletes and students has made an impact in a lot of kids both boys and girls ranging from Pike County to Floyd County. Many call him "coach" from the YMCA to the local Wal-Mart.
I have been watching these comments for a while and I would like to clarify a few things that have been said, especially referring to the earlier statement on the dismissal of Coach Patton.
The reasoning for the change is more about a "principle" issue than about the wins and loses, which is what high school sports should be all about. The word "defy" which means to confront or resist boldly, or to dare a superiors instruction. When a coach can not play by the rules given to them by his boss, I feel it is justified to take action.

I know that Mark Martin called Ms. Hall after the Hopkins resigned excited about an opportunity to go back to Allen Central. I know that the girls and their parents are excited that Mark has taken so much time (with out a full time teaching job) to work with these young players. How can you judge someone with out all the facts!

Curious to hear your thoughts and replies.
Oldschoolvalues.... balls in your court.

Well, first, I'm not judging Mark. He seems like a descent person. However, he is in the click with the ADMINISTRATION at AC. How many other head boys or girls basketball coaches are there in Floyd County that are not teachers? The answer is "0" And if he is so deserving from the "YMCA to Wal-Mart" why doesn't he have a HIGH SCHOOL coaching job in Pike Co. or at Pikeville Ind? Why hasn't a Pike Co. High School picked up on him? I think a lot of people find it strange!

As for coach Hopkins, I think Jennifer was just tired of it and left. I never said Mark had anything to do with it, but there was never any doubt who the next would be!

As for your comments about Ronnie Patton and the "principle". The only "principle" in effect was that a SBDM member had a son who played on the team AND a husband who wanted to coach the team! The whole world knows this! I have heard some comments about coach Patton's son being the reason. I know this for a FACT --- I mean a FACT! that coach Patton was notified by email that he was fired! It simply said "you will no longer be the baseball coach". Then later when he called to ask why the Principal at AC told him because of parent complaints!

Jamin J, I usually respect your opinions, but if you think Johnny Martin's job hasn't been in danger in the past 5 or 6 years and that it still isn't then give him a call and ask him what he thinks. As for the administration at AC making sound decisions ----- I don't think so!
brainbuster Wrote:This is getting absolutley ridiculous. I read through these posts almost every day and nothing has made me any more furious than these preposterous posts that some have chose to make. One in particular about the job at AC being "held" for the past couple of years for Mark Martin..

To set the record straight again... Coach Hopkins RESIGNED from the position. She wasn't there to simply hold the position for Coach Martin, she was there to do her job as the coach and in the end, simply decided to hang it up on her own... for her own reasons... She was NOT forced out to bring Mark back in.

Now I am terribly sorry if some of you don't like the fact that Coach Martin is back on the sidelines, but fact of the matter is, he is a good coach and has proven it through previous success at AC. Now, I am not downing the Hopkins' in any way... I am just saying that Mark Martin has proven himself and deserves a little respect from those of you who don't think he deserves another chance. :dontthink

Col. Maynard, Mark, and his coaching staff have VOLUNTEERED their time throuhout the summer to work with the girls.. Notice I say VOLUNTEERED... The fact that this group of coaches cares enough about the girls to VOLUNTEER their time on hot, sultery summer evenings in June and July should count for something.. A little credit maybe. It is no secret to anyone that this is going to be a rebuilding year for the girls and with Coach Martin leading the way, hopefully the program will get back on track. He definitely has devotion and compassion for the game to lead the AC program back to where it used to be... as a powerhouse in the 15th region. :rockon:

I say... GOOD LUCK TO COACH MARTIN AND THE AC LADY REBS!!!!

Are you the same person who suggested eariler that Col. Maynard was developing a dictatorship over AC???