Tuesday 2/26
Powell
LCC

Breathitt
Hazard

Semi 3/1
Championship 3/2

At Powell Co.
I'm going with a Knott Central vs Breathitt championship game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Hazard comes out of bottom bracket for the title
Knott wins by 13 vs Estill.
Perry beats Wolfe by 14.
Powell over LCC by 3.
Breathitt over Hazard by 7.

Perry beats Knott by 3.
Breathitt beats Powell by 6.

Perry beats Breathitt by 4.
Winner of Knott-Perry second round game will play in Rupp.
Bulldogs4Ever Wrote:Knott wins by 13 vs Estill.
Perry beats Wolfe by 14.
Powell over LCC by 3.
Breathitt over Hazard by 7.

Perry beats Knott by 3.
Breathitt beats Powell by 6.

Perry beats Breathitt by 4.

LCC owns a win over Powell at Powell already so how would they be the underdog in that matchup??? 🤔
Knott County - 67
Estill County - 49

Perry Central - 71
Wolfe County - 50

Letcher Central - 53
Powell County - 49

Hazard - 55
Breathitt County - 53

Semi-Finals

Knott County - 68
Perry Central - 66
(overtime)

Hazard - 60
Letcher Central - 44

Championship

Knott County - 59
Hazard - 49
[quote=doubledown]Hazard comes out of bottom bracket for the title[/QUOTThis may the Bulldogs
This may be their year if I'm thinkin right their last title was at Powell about 10 years ago and they came in a runner-up that year. They played Perry to the last minute at Perry last night and just had a couple of misses in the last minute that cost them the game. Their game with Breathitt will be a tough one but they came back to beat the Bobcats about a month ago. If they beat Breathitt they will be in the finals and they are hungry. A lot of people are thinking the survivor of the Knott Perry bracket will be the champ but I think the winner of the Hazard-Breathitt game may be ready they are both very hungry for a regional championship.
Stid, just because Powell is the home team. Nothing more.
Bstidham47 Wrote:LCC owns a win over Powell at Powell already so how would they be the underdog in that matchup??? 🤔

Powell county has a rich tradition of doing well when they host the region.
FunFan Wrote:Powell county has a rich tradition of doing well when they host the region.

They may but since LCC owns a win over them on their floor I would still have them as the favorite in that one.
All I gotta say is... Go Pirates!
PoCofootball Wrote:All I gotta say is... Go Pirates!

I don't think they have much chance at winning it this year, to just be honest.
Bstidham47 Wrote:LCC owns a win over Powell at Powell already so how would they be the underdog in that matchup??? ��

You are correct on this but one thing to look at, Powell has been playing really good basketball lately, one of the hottest teams coming in, Letcher Central on the other hand has not been playing so good lately. Not to mention the Pirates will play great on their court. It's a long drive from Whitesburg to Stanton so I'm thinking that they are hoping that the drive will wear down the Cougars some.
The Ole Man Wrote:I don't think they have much chance at winning it this year, to just be honest.

At this time of the year, it’s not all about the chances or odds. Now I’m not saying the worst team is going to beat the best team, but chance doesn't have everything to do with it. Besides that, I am from Powell County and I will always cheer on the Pirates no matter what.
All four of the teams on the bottom bracket got what they wanted, PCC and LCC on the same side. May have to travel to Stanton to see that semifinals round.
PoCofootball Wrote:At this time of the year, it’s not all about the chances or odds. Now I’m not saying the worst team is going to beat the best team, but chance doesn't have everything to do with it. Besides that, I am from Powell County and I will always cheer on the Pirates no matter what.

Last time Powell County won it they were at home and it definitely didn't have anything to do with chances or odds lol

TongueirateShoTongueirateShoTongueirateSho
:ref2::ref2::ref2:
:ref1::ref1::ref1:
^ I remember that tournament, it was talked about all over the state.
$$$$
Powell County since the 97-98 season

This makes the 5th time they have hosted region since the 97-98 season winning the region title (2003 vs Perry) one of those other 4 times.

1998 Region @ Powell lost to Hazard in semis

1999 Did not make region that was held at Breathitt

2000 Did not make region that was held at Hazard

2001 Did not make region that was held at Knott

2002 Region @ Perry lost to Breathitt in semis

2003 Region @ Powell won the title against Perry

2004 Region @ Breathitt lost to whitesburg in opening round

2005 Did not make region that was held at Hazard

2006 Did not make region that was held at Knott

2007 Region @ Letcher lost to JBS in opening round

2008 Region @ Perry lat to Letcher in opening round

2009 Did not make region that was held at Powell

2010 Region @ Breathitt lost to Hazard in opening round

2011 Did not make region that was held at Hazard

2012 Region @ Knott lost in second round to Buckhorn

2013 Region @ Letcher lost to Perry in opening round

2014 Region @ Perry lost in opening round to Wolfe

2015 Region @ Powell lost in second round to Perry

2016 Region @ Knott lost to Breathitt in opening round

2017 Region @ Breathitt lost to Letcher in opening round

2018 Region @ Perry lost to Perry in opening round

2019 Region @ Powell ??????
zaga_fan Wrote:Last time Powell County won it they were at home and it definitely didn't have anything to do with chances or odds lol

Lol listen, I don’t pay much attention to basketball around here. This county is so crazy for the basketball program that it’s pathetic. I wouldn’t be surprised about anything. I haven’t even been to a basketball game this year to be honest. I’m more into football and baseball. However, I still cheer for the Pirates and Lady Pirates basketball teams just because I’m from Powell. No need try and prove and point to me because I simply don’t care. I rather see the Pirates lose to a fair game than win because they cheated. But best of luck to all the teams and prays that everyone goes injury free.
PoCofootball Wrote:Lol listen, I don’t pay much attention to basketball around here. This county is so crazy for the basketball program that it’s pathetic. I wouldn’t be surprised about anything. I haven’t even been to a basketball game this year to be honest. I’m more into football and baseball. However, I still cheer for the Pirates and Lady Pirates basketball teams just because I’m from Powell. No need try and prove and point to me because I simply don’t care. I rather see the Pirates lose to a fair game than win because they cheated. But best of luck to all the teams and prays that everyone goes injury free.

I ain't trying to prove nothing to you, big guy.
Just remember the semis and finals that year vividly and bringing it up always jogs some funny memories.

It's great you're pulling for a big Pirates win and I wish good luck to all the teams.
Knott and Perry in the semi's will be a battle of the top two teams in the region. Knott plays better defense and that is what matters in the tournament, going with the Patriots in a nail biter...

Letcher and Hazard in the other semi will be another good one, but going with the Dawgs in this one. Can't count out Coach Holland

Knott/Hazard Final

Knott heading to Rupp!!!! :Cheerlead TongueirateSho
Semis should be really interesting.
Breathitt vs PCC in the finals. Breathitt is hard nosed and physical and Perry has Reed, Frazier, and Williams and they are the best 3 athletes in the region. I will take PCC by 3. Not sure BC can chase back with Frazier and Reed on the floor.
I diden't think frazier was ellgible to play
zaga_fan Wrote:Last time Powell County won it they were at home and it definitely didn't have anything to do with chances or odds lol

It had a lot to do with the officiating. In 2003 breathitt was up 23 in the fourth quarter when the refs took over. This was the worst cheating i’ve ever seen. That same year Powell played perry in the finals i think and Perry was up 21 late in the third when the refs took over. This was the second worse cheating i’ve ever seen. They found out later that Powell’s coach and one of the refs (the one who took over in both games) were roommates in college.
Should be some great basketball
Lotta crow coming from stid. Great game full of excitement!
thegr81 Wrote:Lotta crow coming from stid. Great game full of excitement!

Nope great game just hate to see it end on a last second call like that. You don’t see that call hardly ever to determine a game.
I’m a little old school a foul is a foul if it’s 5 seconds into the game or 5 seconds left in the game. Two good teams battled it out tonight and both should be proud. Winston did a heck of a job this year!