Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prayers for Coach Charlie Adkins
I have heard today that former Paintsville Baseball Coach Charlie Adkins has falling very ill and is in the hospital! Some have speculated that Coach may have cancer! Please keep him in your prayers.
I really hate that. Coach Adkins was my favorite Coach in all my time at PHS even though I only played baseball for one year. Does anyone know where he is at, I would like to go visit him.
Coach Adkins is one of my favorite people of all times!
He is at Highlands Reg. but has elected to keep it personal. I have been told that personal oppinion is that he will be alright, but clearly needs our prayers!
That's great to hear Guru. Get well soon Coach!
I agree. Prayer is the best medicine for Coach Adkins right now.
I love Coach Adkins. Always have, always will. I thought so much of him that he was our 3rd stop, when we found out our 2nd child was gonna be a "boy"! This cracked him up and his comment was.... "I hope he's a left hander!"
It meant everything for our son to even play JV for him, before he retired... although he was not quite as colorful as he was in our years!
I never hear the words "circus, clown, or lilly" without thinking of Coach Adkins! I never hear the Doobies or Barry White without thinking of him either!(walking thru the Commons... either groups songs were always easily heard coming from the gym!)

Anyway, Coach... you hang tuff ! We're all "rooting" for you!
Get well soon Coach, I wanna see ya out on the golf course if I ever get a chance to go this summer, lol.
Get well soon coach!!:blondnursShe has good bed-side manners!
good luck and get well coach.
Coach isn't doing so well! From what I am hearing he has been sent home with cancer and there isn't much they can do. I love Coach and I only wish him the best. Everyone raise your Coors light and pray for Coach! I love ya Coach!
What kinda cancer was he diagnosed with NV. I hate to hear that, I love Coach Adkins, loved playin for him.
Yeah I met Coach Adkins several years back, and he had about a good of a sense of humor from anybody I'd met. I hate to hear this, and my thoughts and prayers go out to him and his family. Hopefully he'll be better soon, but our family will pray for him.
Coach Adkins has always been kind to me. Every time he saw me he would always make sure he said Hello and he would always end the conversation with that famous chuckle. I really hate to hear this. Get well soon coach.
Get well soon Coach
Sources close to Coach advised today that test results were in, a plan has been made with monthly treatments being utilized. Coach is upbeat and is sounding like Coach! I hope everyone is keeping them in their prayers!
IISnakE Wrote:Sources close to Coach advised today that test results were in, a plan has been made with monthly treatments being utilized. Coach is upbeat and is sounding like Coach! I hope everyone is keeping them in their prayers!

Thanks for the update! Coach Adkins will be in my prayers for sure! Get well soon Coach! I love ya!
Get well soon, Coach!
I hear he is doing alot better now.
Has anyone heard how Coach is doing? Hope everything is well.
Old School Wrote:Has anyone heard how Coach is doing? Hope everything is well.
He has been doing quite well!!!!
He is back on the golf course!
Even better news is that last Sunday while attending church, he got saved!!!!
God is blessing you Coach!!!
Prayers do get answered lots of times!!!
GREAT NEWS! Congrats coach.
The Guru Wrote:He has been doing quite well!!!!

BEST NEWS EVER REPORTED ON BGR!!!!!!!:letsparty
hate to hear that about anyone, hope he gets better soon!!
The Guru Wrote:He has been doing quite well!!!!

This is great news!