Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Games you can't wait to see this year?
What big game or games are waiting to see this year?
Highlands @ Boyle Co
Boyle Co @ Anderson Co
CAL @ Boyle Co

....and...

Corbin vs Boyle Co (round 3)
First game of the season.

Paintsville @ Lawrence County
Bell vs Knox should be a good one
Corbin vs Whitley local
Clay vs Leslie
Middlesboro and pineville
Harlan County vs Harlan Independent
Leslie Co vs Breathitt Co
Somerset Vs. Beechwood
SK vs Anderson OH
SK vs Johnson Central
SK vs Highlands
SK vs Taylor County
SK vs Oak Hills OH
SK vs Miami Monroe OH
Also I want to see CovCath vs Fredrick Douglas in the 5A final.
FoSho Wrote:Highlands @ Boyle Co
Boyle Co @ Anderson Co
CAL @ Boyle Co

....and...

Corbin vs Boyle Co (round 3)

Depending on how everything goes, that last one may not be until round 5. I do hope to see it again though. I always feel that Corbin and Boyle are very similar as far as culture and type of kids we have. Even though I don’t always see eye to eye with all of Boyle’s posters on here, I do have great respect for that program, the kids involved, and the coaches who run it.
Single Wing 77 Wrote:Depending on how everything goes, that last one may not be until round 5. I do hope to see it again though. I always feel that Corbin and Boyle are very similar as far as culture and type of kids we have. Even though I don’t always see eye to eye with all of Boyle’s posters on here, I do have great respect for that program, the kids involved, and the coaches who run it.

I've had my differences with Corbin fans (some of which was my fault) but I have spoken to a few of them thru PM and have found them to be some really cool dudes.

As far as your post...I thought it most likely they would meet in round 3?
Belfry at Southwestern
Belfry at Archbishop Alter
Somerset v. Beechwood
Somerset @ Corbin
Pulaski Co. v. Southwestern
UK1fan Wrote:Also I want to see CovCath vs Fredrick Douglas in the 5A final.

wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...
Pikeville vs Mingo Central
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:Pikeville vs Mingo Central

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Mingo Central is finally getting to play some local Kentucky teams but I dont think this will be a good game at all. I see Pikeville start to sub out their starters late in the second quarter in this one. MC looks to have a pretty decent team this year but the Panthers are loaded. Bad year for the Miners to come across the river and play the Panthers.
1- A Pikeville vr 3- A BardstownTongueirateSho
PHS DYNASTY Wrote:1- A Pikeville vr 3- A BardstownTongueirateSho

I agree PHS DYNASTY, then Pikeville’s 2nd game, 3rd game right on down the line
Ashland at Knox Central. I’m dreading the drive but I’m looking forward to getting the season started.
fewfirstchoice Wrote:First game of the season.

Paintsville @ Lawrence County

Pore ole Lawrence and their schedule. How many Class A and AA teams are on their schedule this year?
I'm really hoping on October 25th Somerset can take care of business with Washington County early so that I can make it across the highway for the second half of the Pulaski-Southwestern game. I have a feeling this year's game is going to be explosive with all of the controversy of the offseason.
pjdoug Wrote:wish in one hand and sh*t in the other...

Both teams are loaded no wishing needed.
Somerset vr. Beechwood.
Raceland @ Pikeville
UK1fan Wrote:Both teams are loaded no wishing needed.
Just a FYI- FD is not close to the team they were last year athletic wise
Big Daddy Bull Wrote:Just a FYI- FD is not close to the team they were last year athletic wise

Yes they are except you got a running QB now and a new RB plus a GREAT OL. FDU is going to be a handful in 5A.
#55PirateFan Wrote:Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Mingo Central is finally getting to play some local Kentucky teams but I dont think this will be a good game at all. I see Pikeville start to sub out their starters late in the second quarter in this one. MC looks to have a pretty decent team this year but the Panthers are loaded. Bad year for the Miners to come across the river and play the Panthers.

May not be a popular opinion, but I disagree.

I think the Pikeville vs. Point Pleasant game last year is a pretty good indicator this one will be competitive.

I anticipate Pikeville being better than last season and they dont have to go on the road, but Mingo Central has been aching for a chance to make a statement and I anticipate they are going to go all out.

Throw in the fact that this will be one of MacNamee's first games starting at QB as well.

I think it will be a very entertaining game. I still like Pikeville to win, but I think it will be tough.
FoSho Wrote:Yes they are except you got a running QB now and a new RB plus a GREAT OL. FDU is going to be a handful in 5A.

Oh I agree they are going to be a handful, never said they aren't talented and they have solid coaching, but not close to the talent level as last year, lost to many on both sides of the ball and a WR they were counting on decided not to play this year. Seen them play 3 games last year and have seen a few practices this year.
RoShamBo Wrote:I'm really hoping on October 25th Somerset can take care of business with Washington County early so that I can make it across the highway for the second half of the Pulaski-Southwestern game. I have a feeling this year's game is going to be explosive with all of the controversy of the offseason.

I am debating taking a vacation day just to come down for that game. Just to be there. You know what I mean.