Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard @ Breathitt County 9/03 (Canceled)
Hazard will travel to Breathitt this Friday. Hazard just ran all over Harlan county 48-24 Breathitt comes off a loss to North Laurel 34-12. 

I look for Hazard good matchup buy I think Hazard may be too much for Breathitt if they still have injuries. 

Hazard 35
Breathitt County 21

Who you got?
KY River Canines - 36
Lost Creek Felines - 14
I think this game can go either way. A big factor is who the Bobcats will have playing. A full roster I think they win by a couple scores. But if like last week they play short handed they will probably lose. I would also love to see more rushes per game from the Bobcats.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I am going with Hazard
This should be a good one. Hazard big second half.

Hazard 35
Breathitt County 21
Breathitt has a chance if they can stop the static hazard offense. max Johnson, Andrew Ford, Tyson turner, max palfrey and hank pelfrey. Then you have hazards defensive who are men amongst boys on the field with guys like Zane deaton, cameron Caudill, Ryan dean, davion strode, Memphis Blankenship.
Honestly I lied to you guys breathitt has no shot dawgs by a landslide.
#Godawgs
If Jaylen Turner is back plus they get the rest of their injured players back such as O Hair I think Breathitt has a better than even shot.
That Hazard loss to Middlesboro doesn't look that bad since Middlesboro took down a good Williamsburg team. Should be a good one to watch.
With Turner. O Hair etc.
Breathitt 41
Hazard 34
Without Turner and friends
Hazard 44
Breathitt 21
So who all did not play last week for Breathitt besides Turner?
(08-29-2021, 04:42 PM)bac2369 Wrote: So who all did not play last week for Breathitt besides Turner?
Turner,who is starting QB, saftey and probably leading rusher and O'Hara who is backup QB, running back and big defensive player. 
Bryant, starts at defensive end and backup QB. The punter, don't know his name and 3 other starters. I doubt Breathitt had 50 yards passing. They have added a 6'8" wide receiver who jumped up and brought down a jump ball for a TD. Should be a good game if these kids are back and Hazard stays healthy.
Dawgs in a rout 42-14
(08-29-2021, 05:15 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 04:42 PM)bac2369 Wrote: So who all did not play last week for Breathitt besides Turner?
Turner,who is starting QB, saftey and probably leading rusher and O'Hara who is backup QB, running back and big defensive player. 
Bryant, starts at defensive end and backup QB. The punter, don't know his name and 3 other starters. I doubt Breathitt had 50 yards passing. They have added a 6'8" wide receiver who jumped up and brought down a jump ball for a TD. Should be a good game if these kids are back and Hazard stays healthy.

Is O’Hara eligible? Doesn’t show he had played in week 1 or 2? Anyone know the other starters who didn’t play? Is the 6,8 kid the Collins kid?
(08-29-2021, 05:49 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 05:15 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Is O’Hara eligible?  Doesn’t show he had played in week 1 or 2? Anyone know the other starters who didn’t play? Is the 6,8 kid the Collins kid?
Yea, Collins. And O'Hara's been out with the protocol thing but eligible and good to go.

(08-29-2021, 05:59 PM)Slim one Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 05:49 PM)bac2369 Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 05:15 PM)Slim one Wrote:

Is O’Hara eligible?  Doesn’t show he had played in week 1 or 2? Anyone know the other starters who didn’t play? Is the 6,8 kid the Collins kid?
Yea, Collins. And O'Hara's been out with the protocol thing but eligible and good to go.
One of the other starters is Ritchie, plays Wide out and also on defence. 3 year starter i think. Broken arm I think but ok now I hear.
If Breathitt has everybody playing, Hazard will still smoke their hind end.
I got Hazard 14+

Hazard is only going to get better in my opinion..

Hazard will make a run as long as season don't end early.
(08-29-2021, 06:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote: If Breathitt has everybody playing, Hazard will still smoke their hind end.

Breathitt looked awful this past week no doubt about it.  But you go to almost any 1a or 2a school, especially in the mountains, and a couple hours before game time tell the 3rd string QB they are going to be starting see how that team fairs when playing a decent team.

Also remember Breathitt isn't lining up in the wishbone or power I and handing it off 95% of the time like a lot of teams do which puts more pressure on that 3rd string QB.

(08-29-2021, 09:58 PM)wolfcat Wrote:
(08-29-2021, 06:08 PM)pjdoug Wrote: If Breathitt has everybody playing, Hazard will still smoke their hind end.

Breathitt looked awful this past week no doubt about it.  But you go to almost any 1a or 2a school, especially in the mountains, and a couple hours before game time tell the 3rd string QB they are going to be starting see how that team fairs when playing a decent team.

Also remember Breathitt isn't lining up in the wishbone or power I and handing it off 95% of the time like a lot of teams do which puts more pressure on that 3rd string QB.

I stick to my previous predictions

Also remember Breathitt isn't lining up in the wishbone or power I and handing it off almost every time. They are expected to be able to run and throw which puts even more pressure on an already unprepared QB3.

I stick to my previous predictions

Also remember Breathitt isn't lining up in the wishbone or power I and handing it off almost every time. They are expected to be able to run and throw which puts even more pressure on an already unprepared QB3.
Hazard- 40
Breathitt- 29
The more the Bobcats have to throw the ball the better chance they have of losing this game or any game. I think their strength lies in their line and running game, and their passing game should be used as a change of pace but not even 40% of the time. As far as defense, it has been ugly but we will improve when we get some of the upper classmen back.

(08-30-2021, 05:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote: The more the Bobcats have to throw the ball the better chance they have of losing this game or any game.  I think their strength lies in their line and running game, and their passing game should be used as a change of pace but not even 40% of the time.  As far as defense, it has been ugly but we will improve when we get some of the upper classmen back.
Hard to have a passing game when you just throw to 1 receiver all the time. He’s covered up 90 percent of the time and they still throw to him. Other receivers stand wide open every route.
(08-30-2021, 08:33 PM)Turf Muncher Wrote:
(08-30-2021, 05:14 PM)Poseidon Wrote: The more the Bobcats have to throw the ball the better chance they have of losing this game or any game.  I think their strength lies in their line and running game, and their passing game should be used as a change of pace but not even 40% of the time.  As far as defense, it has been ugly but we will improve when we get some of the upper classmen back.
Hard to have a passing game when you just throw to 1 receiver all the time. He’s covered up 90 percent of the time and they still throw to him. Other receivers stand wide open every route.
If that happens that is even more of a reason to run the ball more.  I hope they improve from top to bottom, they certainly have room for it.  Go Bobcats!  No excuses!

Facts are Breathitt has played one game with the starting QB. Last Friday's QB was QB4 IMO. Turner,Bryant and now that O'hara is back he would have to be 3rd. He was the starting QB year before last prior to injury when Turner took over. Maybe #2 now don't know. In the 1st game this year Turner completed passes to 5 receivers (khsaa) Issac Turner over 100 yards, Sperry 80 some and Hoskins over 40. So he does spread it around and now with Collins they will have a good supply of quality receivers. To think that one of the best quarterbacks in the mountains shouldn't throw the ball seems odd. I figure a lot of people unfamiliar with Breathitt read these forums so just adding my perspective.
Breathitt has been hit early by the injury and covid bug. When healthy, I believe they are a top five team in 2A. If healthy, I believe they will take care of Hazard, but if not, I could see them losing this game by a couple of touchdowns. With Turner and O'Hara, they are a different team, both offensively and defensively. With the addition of Collins, Breathitt is very long and athletic at the WR position. With that being said, all of this means nothing if the defensive front seven doesn't improve.
(08-31-2021, 07:59 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: Breathitt has been hit early by the injury and covid bug. When healthy, I believe they are a top five team in 2A. If healthy, I believe they will take care of Hazard, but if not, I could see them losing this game by a couple of touchdowns. With Turner and O'Hara, they are a different team, both offensively and defensively. With the addition of Collins, Breathitt is very long and athletic at the WR position. With that being said, all of this means nothing if the defensive front seven doesn't improve.

I agree with Cat Daddy. Breathitts strength is to spread it out and get Sperry and Isaac Turner the ball in space. Collins can be a good possession receiver. Plus Hoskins at TE make for a receiving corps that can compete with most in 2a. At the end of the day though while these are very skilled players Jayden Turner is the difference. His dual threat capabilities bring whole different aspect that none of their other QBs can touch. I have been a little disappointed in the OL thought they would be more physical.
(08-30-2021, 10:47 PM)Slim one Wrote: Facts are Breathitt has played one game with the starting QB. Last Friday's QB was QB4 IMO. Turner,Bryant and now that O'hara is back he would have to be 3rd. He was the starting QB year before last prior to injury when Turner took over. Maybe #2 now don't know. In the 1st game this year Turner completed passes to 5 receivers (khsaa) Issac Turner over 100 yards, Sperry 80 some and Hoskins over 40. So he does spread it around and now with Collins they will have a good supply of quality receivers. To think that one of the best quarterbacks in the mountains shouldn't throw the ball seems odd. I figure a lot of people unfamiliar with Breathitt read these forums so just adding my perspective.

I was saying throw the ball less.  Not stop throwing the ball altogether.  The passing game will look better in the coming weeks because the competition will be less than good, which is not the Bobcats fault that the district is as bad as it is.

I’m going with Hazard in a good ole good’n. Good luck to both teams.
Canceled
[-] The following 1 user Likes Slim one's post:
  • 64SUR
Perry is open, maybe a Perry/Hazard matchup!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Why?
Johnson Central is open.
I don't think Paintsville has a game either.
Hazard or Breathitt cancel?