Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Linebackers in the State??
who r they??
Maydo and Charlie Dotson, from Belfry, would obviously be my picks. I've not seen Johnson Central yet though.

Forget all those Lexington/Louisville teams, they don't count in my book Tongue

Then again, they might not want to line up against our defense either Wink (kidding, StX would rip us a new one).
the honakers kids from pikeville r good and triplett kid from south floyd is good but have to go wit the honaker kid tim i do believe
Best in the STATE, or EKY???
Jones from Russell, which ever he plays Linebacker or defensive end.. You have to include him..
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
honaker twins best in state..hard to agree with having seen p-burg run all over pikeville
reddog58 Wrote:the honakers kids from pikeville r good and triplett kid from south floyd is good but have to go wit the honaker kid tim i do believe

Toot Toot!!
Bart Teague and Jon Howard from Hazard get downhill to the ball better than most linebackers in the Eky area. Tim and Ted from Pikeville are good too...
Prestonsburg LB's (Nathaniel Stephens, Seth Setser, Dalton Taylor) are really good, only giving up around 130 total offensive yards to Pikeville.
When Tyler Jones from Russell is healthy he is one heck of a load. When Russell played Ashland, he hit Carter so hard several times that it knocked the taste out of his mouth. Okay just kidding about the taste, but Carter was helped off the field three times.
Jeepman Wrote:When Tyler Jones from Russell is healthy he is one heck of a load. When Russell played Ashland, he hit Carter so hard several times that it knocked the taste out of his mouth. Okay just kidding about the taste, but Carter was helped off the field three times.

I agree. The later in the game it got the slower Carter got up. Gotta give him credit. He took some ugly hits from Tyler and kept getting back up. He will be a good one the next two years.
Midee1 Wrote:I agree. The later in the game it got the slower Carter got up. Gotta give him credit. He took some ugly hits from Tyler and kept getting back up. He will be a good one the next two years.

One tough young man. On the last hit I was not sure he was going to get up. He did sat out a couple of plays and came back for more. He will be a star at Ashland.
Jeepman Wrote:One tough young man. On the last hit I was not sure he was going to get up. He did sat out a couple of plays and came back for more. He will be a star at Ashland.

Did you see the flop at the end of the game though?Smile
Yes I did. He did get the clock stopped for Ashland and were able to get off one more play. That play would not have happened without the flop. Could you imagine if Ashland would have scored. Carter would have been the hero with a flop.
Tim an Ted are Jokes, they have been ran all over all year... Dustin May made them look like middle schoolers...
kyr450 Wrote:Tim an Ted are Jokes, they have been ran all over all year... Dustin May made them look like middle schoolers...
Very much agreed. I haven't seen them hit anyone in the mouth that doesn't play on a weak team. Against P-Burg, Belfry, and Lex-Cath I couldn't even tell they were on the field. I mean I think they are good players for this area but not State wide. They have been hyped up by their coaches but they aren't producing to the level to be expected. I'd say to look at the best LB's in the state you would have to look at the Lexington Area, Louisville Area, and Western part of the state.
i believe Jonah Justice from Shelby Valley is just as good as Tim and Ted. Jonah plays linebacker. he took out one of Belfry's running backs. (cant remember who). Jonah Justice is great so dont leave him out. He is an under rated player in my book.
SVHSWildcat22 Wrote:i believe Jonah Justice from Shelby Valley is just as good as Tim and Ted. Jonah plays linebacker. he took out one of Belfry's running backs. (cant remember who). Jonah Justice is great so dont leave him out. He is an under rated player in my book.
May be a good area high school player but not tops in the state. The majority of the people in Eastern Ky don't know what a stud LB is. This is just for the fact they aren't exposed to them as often as people in other areas are. So when someone is a good player they use the term "best in the state" when truthfully they don't know what the rest of the state has to offer.
1911 Wrote:May be a good area high school player but not tops in the state. The majority of the people in Eastern Ky don't know what a stud LB is. This is just for the fact they aren't exposed to them as often as people in other areas are. So when someone is a good player they use the term "best in the state" when truthfully they don't know what the rest of the state has to offer.

I have to agree, and I'm one of those people.
Scott County has a hell of a Linebacker, Not sure on the name tho.
The only person outside of the moutains that I know of is the guy at Bryan Station, he is a hoss cat.
kyr450 Wrote:Tim an Ted are Jokes, they have been ran all over all year... Dustin May made them look like middle schoolers...

i agree..didnt they make like top 100 in the state or nation or something significant like that? i dont see how.
dfblackcat53 Wrote:i agree..didnt they make like top 100 in the state or nation or something significant like that? i dont see how.
Your both of out your minds...Tim and Ted are great athletes that are gonna go d-1 and do well at that level
The P'burg folks don't seem to realize one Honaker didn't play against them and the other only played a half.
jetpilot Wrote:The P'burg folks don't seem to realize one Honaker didn't play against them and the other only played a half.

Well they both played the Belfry game, what happened to them then??? They got ran on any way Dustin or Ivan wanted to... Just imagine what Howard or Jones would have done if they had been playing against Tim an Ted...
P-Villain! Wrote:Your both of out your minds...Tim and Ted are great athletes that are gonna go d-1 and do well at that level
Where do they have offers in writing from?
kyr450 Wrote:Well they both played the Belfry game, what happened to them then??? They got ran on any way Dustin or Ivan wanted to... Just imagine what Howard or Jones would have done if they had been playing against Tim an Ted...

I gotta agree, those West Virginia boys are tough!
You peeps are smokin crack... Tim and Ted can rock your worlds!!! They are athletes!
NotoriousBIG Wrote:You peeps are smokin crack... Tim and Ted can rock your worlds!!! They are athletes!

?????
Tim and Ted are nothing compared to guys like Mayo, or last year the Tackett boy from JC, now he was one hell of a linebacker. And I agree with the post earlier, it would have been funny to see Jones and Howard run the ball on this years Pikeville team, Tim and Ted couldn't touch them two even if they were at full strength.