3. Beverly-PCC
4. Thompson-Wolfe 
5. Hensley-Leslie
1. Beverly - Perry
2. Day - Perry
3. Hazel - Hazard
4. Sperry - Breathitt
5. Johnson - Hazard

Not ranking them on scoring, dunking, or having the ability to play at the next level. These guys are simply what makes their teams win. Collins and Hensley are very good players. Don’t get me wrong.
(09-23-2022, 02:47 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: 1.  Beverly - Perry
2.  Day -  Perry
3.  Hazel - Hazard
4.  Sperry - Breathitt
5.  Johnson - Hazard

Not ranking them on scoring, dunking, or having the ability to play at the next level.  These guys are simply what makes their teams win.  Collins and Hensley are very good players.  Don’t get me wrong.
I’m perry guy also.  But  Day is not a top 5 player in the region, and Johnson is definitely not a top 5 basketball player.  Beverly and Sperry are the only 2 on your list that belongs in my opinion.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Ole-glory's post:
  • WaterBoy15thregion
I respect your opinion. Day has beaten all those guys on that list year in year out. Winning is winning.
[-] The following 1 user Likes DukeBoy's post:
  • Mountainparkway
Benton of Estill and Huff, Nichols of LCC have to be in the conversation.
[-] The following 1 user Likes UKisN1's post:
  • LCC#1
(09-23-2022, 04:17 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: Benton of Estill and Huff, Nichols of LCC have to be in the conversation.
Benton possibly.  Huff and nichols are nice players. But not top 5 in region.
(09-23-2022, 04:17 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: Benton of Estill and Huff, Nichols of LCC have to be in the conversation.
And also Luke Bellamy of Breathitt
[-] The following 1 user Likes LOOKAYANNER's post:
  • UKisN1
Sperry, Collins, Beverly, Thompson and Benton
1. Sperry- Breathitt
2. Beverly- PCC
3. Hazel- Hazard
4. Watterson- Lee
5. Knight- Perry
Hensley has to be on a list somewhere. Way too talented not to be. That’s insane. Has been a varsity starter since he was an 8th grader. Sperry, Collins, Thompson and Watterson are the only other kids i’ve seen mentioned that you could drop on a bad team and they still be a problem for other teams. No knock on any other kid but they’re successful because their teams are well rounded as a whole.
All them kids like to shoot a lot of shots but are they winning the majority of their games? Big games that is. Not games vs Red Bird and cup cake teams. Tolson was the man for Wolfe. Can Wolfe win without him?
  • Mountainparkway
Hensley was about 2 minutes away from defeating breathitt in the All A tourney basically by himself on one of the worst Leslie teams in recent passing. Not every player mentioned shoot shots because they like to, it’s because they have to to be in the game. You take Watterson off of Lee and that team hardly has a shot. The biggest difference maker on Perry is Beverly. You can visually tell he impacts his team on a level that it would make a difference and is hard replaced, i can see him on a list. My only point is winning can’t be the only reason for a player to make a list because it gets difficult to explain outside of that only reason. IMO Hazard & Perry has 1 top 5 player between them with Beverly. But both are top 5 teams in this region.
Why didnt Hensley stay at Hazard? Not getting enough looks?
I’m a breathitt man thru and thru but I’ll call it like I see it. Beverly had more basketball IQ in his pinky than sperry does. Sperry can run up and down the court and jump is about it. I hope he worked on his outside shot because his form is awful, no follow through. Collins refuses to play physical and does not have the ability to be a game changer. Bellamy hasn’t got any better since his freshman year. Day for Perry wins and plays great defense. Perry resides in breathitts head rent free. Big Ritchie for Wolfe has no game. The 14th is terrible but I do believe Perry will repeat
(09-25-2022, 12:34 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: I’m a breathitt man thru and thru but I’ll call it like I see it. Beverly had more basketball IQ in his pinky than sperry does. Sperry can run up and down the court and jump is about it. I hope he worked on his outside shot because his form is awful, no follow through. Collins refuses to play physical and does not have the ability to be a game changer. Bellamy hasn’t got any better since his freshman year. Day for Perry wins and plays great defense. Perry resides in breathitts head rent free. Big Ritchie for Wolfe has no game. The 14th is terrible but I do believe Perry will repeat
You actually believe all the crap you spew? There's nothing Breathitt about you, you're a Perry homer and that's ok.
Sperry 3 point % last year 37.5%
Beverly 31%. Not exactly terrible outside shooting.
Day that you seem to have great affection for doesn't win anything. Not a great ball handler and can't seem to make a foul shot.
Bellamy is about as steady as they get. Decent ball handler and passer and probably best 3 point shooter in the region.
Collins is pretty dang good. He'd start and contribute big time to any team in the 14th. 
I thought Ritchie made some big strides last year and remember he has a couple more to go.
You won't find many to agree with you I'm guessing ,at least not unbiased people.
Save this thread and bring it back out in march lol. Go search my old post about breathitt last year while everyone was saying the same thing as this year. Ol bhs number 1 best team in the region lol. Look at my old post I believe I was spot on and some would say scary accurate with the results. Check my threads slim and check with me later

Sperry is good for about 7 turnovers a game
(09-25-2022, 02:28 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: Save this thread and bring it back out in march lol. Go search my old post about breathitt last year while everyone was saying the same thing as this year. Ol bhs number 1 best team in the region lol. Look at my old post I believe I was spot on and some would say scary accurate with the results. Check my threads slim and check with me later

Sperry is good for about 7 turnovers a game
I doubt you can back that stat up either. When faced with facts you throw something else out to denigrate kids. I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed man. Take care
Calling it as I see it.
The reason I think Hensley gets over looked is because this region year in and year out is guard dominate..and if you just think back about last year I could name 5 guards better than Hensley..now fast forward to this upcoming season is there 5 guards better than him (NO) but who is going to rank 5 guards every year as top 5, no one that knows basketball..everyone is going to throw in a forward/center maybe even 2 so that only leaves 3 or maybe 4 spots for guards..is there 3 or maybe 4 better guard than Hensley..some will differ with me but I believe so. Nothing against the kid at all and I’m just some random person sitting in the stands watching basketball..but right now I can make 4 guards better than Hensley and some of these guards I don’t even crack top 5 guards in the region..

(09-25-2022, 09:55 AM)MADDBOMBER14 Wrote: The reason I think Hensley gets over looked is because this region year in and year out is guard dominate..and if you just think back about last year I could name 5 guards better than Hensley..now fast forward to this upcoming season is there 5 guards better than him (NO) but who is going to rank 5 guards every year as top 5, no one that knows basketball..everyone is going to throw in a forward/center maybe even 2 so that only leaves 3 or maybe 4 spots for guards..is there 3 or maybe 4 better guard than Hensley..some will differ with me but I believe so. Nothing against the kid at all and I’m just some random person sitting in the stands watching basketball..but right now I can make 4 guards better than Hensley and some of these guards I don’t even crack top 5 guards in the region..
I can name 4 guards better than Hensley sorry for the typo..
I can always respect a different opinion even if they differ from my own. Out of curiosity who are those 4 guards?
I think Hensley is a TOP 5 guard for sure. Probably best shooter in the region.
(09-25-2022, 11:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think Hensley is a TOP 5 guard for sure.  Probably best shooter in the region.

Then why didn’t yall try to keep him from transferring back to Leslie?
(09-25-2022, 11:00 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: I think Hensley is a TOP 5 guard for sure.  Probably best shooter in the region.
Heck top shooter in the region isn’t hard..I could step out on the floor tomorrow and be in that discussion..since brooks is gone from cordia you only truly have 2 “shooters” in the region (Bellamy and Thompson) after those 2 it goes way down hill..and when you name Point Guards that position is a game changing position and I’m sorry Hensley isn’t a game changing player..in my opinion when you think of a true point guard the only real true point guard in the region is Beverly..he don’t have to score to affect the game!!
Whose Brooks?
(09-26-2022, 08:28 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Whose Brooks?
Really? I thought you had all the knowledge and inside scoops on 14th region basketball. Greg brooks from cordia.
Oh the kid that shoots from Midcourt about 50x a game and makes a few here and there? That the kid? Guess you didn’t like the garbage man comment. I didn’t know Bryce broke the press and shot 15 3s a game. Didn’t know he was Breathitts primary offensive threat the past 3 seasons. Excuse me for not noticing that since I have the INSIDE SCOUP. Sorry you don’t get the garbage man concept. Every really good team has one.
(09-26-2022, 08:52 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: Oh the kid that shoots from Midcourt about 50x a game and makes a few here and there?  That the kid?  Guess you didn’t like the garbage man comment.  I didn’t know Bryce broke the press and shot 15 3s a game.  Didn’t know he was Breathitts primary offensive threat the past 3 seasons.  Excuse me for not noticing that since I have the INSIDE SCOUP.  Sorry you don’t get the garbage man concept.  Every really good team has one.
Dang dude. I thought it was just a funny comment and it would all be laugh and jokes. I could care less what role anybody has don’t mean much to me. As long as there is a w at the end of the night that’s all that matters. Lighten up laugh a little life’s to short.
Sorry Big Fella. I just didn’t want you thinking I was saying anything bad about Big Bryce.
  • Mountain Monster
1. R. Beverly/ PCC A great floor general. Doesn't make very many mistakes and usually makes the right play. Has a good mid range jump shot, and great passer, great ball handler, and is very experienced. Not overly athletic but doesn't need to be to be successful. Makes his team better. Can make big plays and is used to winning.

2. W. Hensley/Leslie Great passer, shooter, driver and ball handler. Has the capability to take over a game. On ball defending needs work and he still needs to learn to win big games. His size can lead him to get pushed around but heard he has put on size. My dark horse for RPOY if he can win big games.

3. Sperry/ Breathitt Athletic freak. Can get to the bucket and has the capabilities to play at the next level. Has plenty of time to grow as a player. Jump shot needs work but given one, he would be very hard to defend. Probably has the highest potential of anyone on this list.

4. Thompson/ Wolfe Great all around player. Above average at about everything. Has played for good teams and won big games. Not too many holes in his game and has the chance to step into a role that will have a lot to be asked of him.

5. 1-a Collins/ Breathitt His height and athleticism make him a nightmare to guard and rebound with and score over. I do think he is soft and lacks the drive to get to get better. I have seen a player half his size bully him all game. Has potential to be a really good player and play at the next level if he wants to.

2-B S. Ritchie I think the best big man in the region. Like collins, his size makes him hard to defend and rebound with. For the same reason I think he is a little soft also. Collins may have a slight edge because he shoots better, dribbles better and has speed on him but Ritchie has strength. Although both play different positions I think their accolades are similar.
(09-26-2022, 01:11 PM)CriticalThinker Wrote: 1. R. Beverly/ PCC  A great floor general.  Doesn't make very many mistakes and usually makes the right play.  Has a good mid range jump shot, and great passer, great ball handler, and is very experienced. Not overly athletic but doesn't need to be to be successful.  Makes his team better.  Can make big plays and is used to winning.

2. W. Hensley/Leslie Great passer, shooter, driver and ball handler.  Has the capability to take over a game.  On ball defending needs work and he still needs to learn to win big games.  His size can lead him to get pushed around but heard he has put on size.  My dark horse for RPOY if he can win big games.

3. Sperry/ Breathitt  Athletic freak.  Can get to the bucket and has the capabilities to play at the next level.  Has plenty of time to grow as a player.  Jump shot needs work but given one, he would be very hard to defend.  Probably has the highest potential of anyone on this list.

4. Thompson/ Wolfe  Great all around player. Above average at about everything.  Has played for good teams and won big games.  Not too many holes in his game and has the chance to step into a role that will have a lot to be asked of him.

5. 1-a Collins/ Breathitt  His height and athleticism make him a nightmare to guard and rebound with and score over.  I do think he is soft and lacks the drive to get to get better. I have seen a player half his size bully him all game. Has potential to be a really good player and play at the next level if he wants to.

2-B  S. Ritchie  I think the best big man in the region.  Like collins, his size makes him hard to defend and rebound with. For the same reason I think he is a little soft also.  Collins may have a slight edge because he shoots better, dribbles better and has speed on him but Ritchie has strength.  Although both play different positions I think their accolades are similar.
I would say this is an excellent review