Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Perry County Central
18.75%
Johnson Central
81.25%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Perry County Central @ Johnson Central 10/07
Perry County Central will travel to Johnson Central this Friday.

Perry County Central (5-1)
Aug 19, 22 Whitley County away (W) 21 - 8 
Aug 26, 22 Floyd Central away (W) 37 - 34 
Sep 9, 22 Breathitt County home (W) 28 - 26 
Sep 16, 22 Powell County home (W) 42 - 32 
Sep 23, 22 Letcher County Central home (L) 32 - 49 
Sep 30, 22 Paintsville home (W) 27 - 25

Johnson Central (4-2)
Aug 19, 22 Lafayette away (W) 37 - 8 
Aug 26, 22 Fern Creek (W) 55 - 19 
Sep 2, 22 North Laurel away (L) 14 - 15 
Sep 10, 22 Ironton, OH away (L) 21 - 32 
Sep 16, 22 Waverly, OH home (W) 54 - 7 
Sep 30, 22 Clay County away (W) 56 - 20

Series Per KHSAA
Sep 24, 1999 Johnson Central 57 Perry County Central 46 District game
Sep 22, 2000 Johnson Central 72 Perry County Central 0 (District Game)
Aug 26, 2011 Perry County Central 35 Johnson Central 27
Aug 24, 2012 Johnson Central 44 Perry County Central 36
Sep 13, 2013 Johnson Central 53 Perry County Central 7
Sep 12, 2014 Johnson Central 57 Perry County Central 12
Oct 11, 2019 Johnson Central 49 Perry County Central 6
Oct 9, 2020 Johnson Central 75 Perry County Central 24
Oct 8, 2021 Johnson Central 41 Perry County Central 0

https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d

Thoughts?
This game will tell the tale.  Has Perry improved or not.
The truth is, Johnson Central would easily put a running clock on Paintsville this season and in most of the Tigers' good seasons. Perry County will have to play much better than they did against Paintsville or any game that they have played this season to be competitive with Johnson Central.
Johnson Central Rolls.
Johnson Central big
Has anybody heard anything about Carter Conley's status for Johnson Central? All I have heard was that he suffered an ankle injury against North Laurel on his only carry of the game. Johnson Central seems to have a running back out with a season ending injury every few years. I hope that Carter has not suffered the same fate.

Joe Jackson was lost for the 2017 season after rushing for over 2,000 yards in his sophomore season. Last season, Mason Lawson was Johnson Central's top returning running back and he missed all but the first two games of the season. Because I had not heard anybody say that Conley was lost for the season, I had hoped that he might be back on the field against Clay County following JC's open week.
Carter Conley is out for the season. I was told by someone within the program.

Having said that..JC rolls in this one.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Old guy's post:
  • Bull got out!
(10-02-2022, 06:20 PM)Old guy Wrote: Carter Conley is out for the season. I was told by someone within the program.

Having said that..JC rolls in this one.
The way Letcher Central Oline pushed Perry’s Dline around I would be shocked if Johnson Central doesn’t run for 400 yards Friday night. 

JC 49
Perry 14
Golden Eagles by a lot.
Well the refs didn’t call holding the entire game. LCC held every single play.
(10-03-2022, 12:41 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Well the refs didn’t call holding the entire game.  LCC held every single play.
BS...JCHS by 42
After attending the Perry Central and Letcher Central game and seeing the unsportsmanlike penalties I see this Friday's game as possibly being a little "chippy". With that being said, JC 49 PC 14.
Johnson Central in a cakewalk

Johnson Central 56
Perry Central 13
Eagles roll on they are jelling as a team will be hard to slow down here on
JC get 450 yds Running Clock before half (3) players over 100 yds
Eagles by a lot. At least 3 tds in my opinion.
(10-03-2022, 12:41 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: Well the refs didn’t call holding the entire game.  LCC held every single play.
Let be honest.. just about every lineman holds on every play if not all of them. But there is holding on every single play. I’m not disputing what you’re saying because I wasn’t there. But if they called even 50% if the holds the games would last til 1am. They pretty much teach holding. They maybe should call it a little more, but only if they know woth 100% certainty that it would affect the play. Calling a hold on the Left TE when it’s a quick pitch to the right wouldn’t affect it, so why call it? Ya know. What makes me mad is if the ball is 15 yards field and they throw It at the LOS, or if it’s obvious and they have someone aroind the neck or pulling back at their jersey.
What makes me mad is when the offensive linemen simply wrap up and tackle the defensive players. See it all the time, especially from Letcher. Is wrapping up and tacking the defensive guys legal? It’s bad when it is right in plain view of the officials. Happens the whole game.
I would be shocked if this one isn't a running clock in the 3rd quarter.

JC - 48
PC - 14
I’d say you may be shocked Scoop. Perry will have two starting Likemen back. JC isn’t that hard to prepare for. Perry has some huge strong kids and will matchup better with JC as compared to anyone else in the district. Don’t be surprised to see a good ball game this Friday in Johnsonville. Perry doesn’t turn the ball over, they can play with the golden eagles this year.
(10-04-2022, 10:22 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: I’d say you may be shocked Scoop.  Perry will have two starting Likemen back.  JC isn’t that hard to prepare for.  Perry has some huge strong kids and will matchup better with JC as compared to anyone else in the district.  Don’t be surprised to see a good ball game this Friday in Johnsonville.  Perry doesn’t turn the ball over, they can play with the golden eagles this year.
No, Perry cannot play with the Golden Eagles this season. Perry beat Paintsville by 2 points just a few days ago and this is not a very good team by Paintsville's standards. The chance that Paintsville would get past halftime without the clock running against the Tigers would be very slim. That is why the two teams no longer play each other.

Johnson Central has four running backs capable of running for 200 yards or more against Perry. If Perry is able to stop one of them, then JC will rotate a fresh running back into the lineup. As for JC being easy to prepare for, I do not believe that is true. It is true that what JC will do is predictable but stopping JC's running attack is not easy. They are the top rushing team in Kentucky high school football by a wide margin. If their average rushing yardage drops, then it will be because of running clocks.

I understand that Perry has a very good quarterback. Perry may have some success passing the football. Ironton moved the ball pretty effectively but Ironton has D-1 level players at quarterback, running back, and wide receiver. Ironton scored 32 points and beat JC. If Perry scores 32 points, it will not be enough to keep the game close, IMO. I hope that I am wrong. I hope that Johnson Central plays very well and Perry makes it a competitive game. The overall level of district play needs to improve and running clock games are really not good for any team, no matter who wins the game. It's much better to build a strong team if games are hotly contested and each team's starters get a lot of quality snaps.
Click the link below to listen to this week’s show and coverage of this upcoming game and a few others.

https://t.co/Xa6TmwZ72R

If that doesn’t work click this link below

https://twitter.com/nobullsportstlk/status/1577700544394792961?s=46&t=N35bESuiGInn5KxRy1MXdw
Game Day!
Love my Dores, and I think they will put up some points tonight, but they’ve not stopped the run all year, even against teams like Powell county, so no reason to think they can slow down Johnson central. Game will be close at the half, Johnson pulls away in second half.

JC 48
PCC 24
running clock by halftime
It’s about time Perry started competing. They have been rebuilding for the past 50 years.
(10-07-2022, 03:10 PM)FallRock Wrote:    The game will be closer then you think at halftime.  If and I mean “IF” there is a running clock, it will come near end of 3rd quarter.  And I don’t think they’ll be a running clock at all.  Perry can score points, they just struggle to stop the other team from scoring more ? 
(10-07-2022, 03:12 PM)Bulldogs4Ever Wrote: It’s about time Perry started competing.  They have been rebuilding for the past 50 years.

LOL, that is all of Perry sports. Look at baseball and women's basketball since randy and BK left. Those teams continue to let the fans down each year just to continue saying they are in the rebuilding mode.
Lol. Yeah all the sports that’s true Can’t say BK done a lot of winning in the end and neither did Randy but they had the winningest programs in the schools history.
You guys got that right tailback and dogs. About like when softball gets beat by Wolfe every year in the region when Wolfe has like 27 kids at the high school. Soccer is the best sport at Perry by far.