Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(25) Kentucky 27 Vanderbilt 20
Final!
Huge and great win on the road against a very good team.

We gave up 430 yards and had over 120 penalty yards and still won the game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Can't wait to see how Brooks handles himself when asked questions about the Refs....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Now lets hope we can go "Between the Hedges" and pull out another victory next week.
Sucks that Little was hurt again, and I hope that Vandy player is alright. There is no excuse for Ashton Cobb to have two late hit penalties in this game one resulting in Vandy's RB being carted off the field.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
alfus21 Wrote:Sucks that Little was hurt again, and I hope that Vandy player is alright. There is no excuse for Ashton Cobb to have two late hit penalties in this game one resulting in Vandy's RB being carted off the field.
But if it was a bad call, then it might have been a clean hit. The radio announcers seemed to think so anyway.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:But if it was a bad call, then it might have been a clean hit. The radio announcers seemed to think so anyway.

Yeah, the "UK" radio announcers right?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Big win for the Cats and much needed after coming off the loss to Miss. St. and the bye week as well. Sloppy game and the refs were pretty darn bad in this one from what I listened to. Congrats UK on the W and lets get prepared for a tough, tough Georgia team.
alfus21 Wrote:Yeah, the "UK" radio announcers right?
Yeah, but that's why I said "If"....guess we have to wait for more people to see the replay tonight to get a better feeling of how the refs actually were.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Beef Wrote:Yeah, but that's why I said "If"....guess we have to wait for more people to see the replay tonight to get a better feeling of how the refs actually were.

I have no doubt the refs were terrible from the number of penalties called. I was just disappointed in our player because from what I can tell the Vandy RB had one foot out of bounds and this was the 2nd late hit called on Cobb.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The offense played a good game, and the defense made some big stops but still didn't play so well giving up 430 offensive yards. Locke came in after Little's injury and done some great things. Congrats Cats!
Way to go Cats, We are still alive in the SEC East!!!!!!
I hate to see Keenan Burton struggling so bad. 4 catches for -5 yards today. I don't think I've ever seen anything like that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Burton really has had a bad year.If he keeps playing the way he has all year he will never play on Sunday's.I dont know what happened to him.He might have read his press clippings from last year too much
catwoman Wrote:Burton really has had a bad year.If he keeps playing the way he has all year he will never play on Sunday's.I dont know what happened to him.He might have read his press clippings from last year too much

:confused:Or he might be battling injuries all season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Would brooks play him being hurt?I quess deep down I didnt believe he was pro material.Hope he makes it to the pros but doubt it.
catwoman Wrote:Would brooks play him being hurt?I quess deep down I didnt believe he was pro material.Hope he makes it to the pros but doubt it.

Well he has missed a couple of games so no he wouldn't play him if he was hurt really bad, but he would play if he was 70-75% which is what I assume is going on.

Burton will make it to the NFL. Unsure if he'll get drafted now, but he'll make a team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hope he does but you like everyone else does not know for sure if he will make it or not.Time will tell.Only time knows for sure.
The refs were really bad. I watched it on gameplan. There was several bad pass interference calls, a fumble by Vandy not called correct and a bad call on a late hit. The cats looked really bad to be coming off a bye week. To Burton's defense he did have a big catch called back for offensive holding.
Good teams win this kind of game. Way to go Cats...

Win #7....first back to back 7 win season since 1956 & 1957

Go Cats, beat the Bulldogs !!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats to the Cats...I knew it would be a sloppy and close game, but it was a game they really needed to win. Next two weeks will be HUGE...
BelfryPride Wrote:Good teams win this kind of game. Way to go Cats...

Win #7....first back to back 7 win season since 1956 & 1957

Go Cats, beat the Bulldogs !!!

It's actually since 76-77 but I love it either way. Big Grin
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Cats!!!!
**Send me a pm if you have any questions or comments**

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The refs was bad but the cats proved that they are for real!!
ANY UK FANS GOING TO GA? I am wanting too. UK done what they had too by beating a VERY SOLID Vandy team! They have to win out to be tied for the Reg. Season S.E.C. East.
Im glad that UK pulled out this win. We needed it really bad. We need to play a pretty good game next week against UGA. GO CATS!!!!!!!!!!!
Beef Wrote:Can't wait to see how Brooks handles himself when asked questions about the Refs....
Worst officiated football game Ive ever seen and Ive played in games at both Hazard AND Belfry so thats saying something LOL!!! just kiddin.
Congrats to the Cats for pulling out a win in a stadium that hasn't exactly been kind to UK over the last several years. UK's defense bent but didn't break, and the offense made just enough plays to win. It sounds like they were victimized by several bad calls, but the good teams find a way to win anyway, and they did!

I didn't watch the game on TV, so I was curious about Burton ending up with negative receiving yards for the game. Did he get blown up for a 10 yard loss or something?
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]