Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
COULD SOMEONE ANSWER THIS FOR ME?
Why have an all A tourny when 2A, 3A ect. dont have their own tourny?
And what is your opinion on the all A Tournament..Should there be one or not?
I often wonder the same thing Zag. I also dont understand how a school can be 2A in football and single A in basketball. I thought that was on the size of the student body of the school. I think they dont have a 2A and 3 A tourney because they all can compete in the state tourney in Rupp.
It's quit simple.....the All-A is put on by the Touchstone Energy Corp. It is a tourney to give the small schools a chance to win a state title and not have to go up against large public schools that have a huge pool of students to select the best athletes. If you want there to be an All-AA or All-AAA or All-AAAA then go find a company willing to put up the money to sponsor the tourney and start one up.

Remember that it isn't required that a school play in any of these tourneys but rather they are invited and can accept just like they can any other tourney throughout the seasn.

The reason that you see KHSAA 2A teams playing in the All-A is because the All-A has different guide lines in which they follow for sizing up a school. They count students in grades 10-12 while the KHSAA uses grades 9-12.

Basically it's a private tourney that selects who they want to play based on the size of the school.

Hope this helps!