Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Add 1 Player to Kentucky's Roster
Who you adding? Existing college players only. Must consider team chemistry and the big picture in this hypothetical.
Jason Pickett, 6'4" guard from Penn State. The next best thing to a new coach would be a great playmaking guard.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Cactus Jack
(03-12-2023, 04:36 AM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: Jason Pickett, 6'4" guard from Penn State. The next best thing to a new coach would be a great playmaking guard.

I think the addition of a playmaking guard (especially one who could handle) or a true stretch four who could also defend would be at the top of the list. Nick Smith of Arkansas and Colin Castleton of Florida were two that I thought of adding. If not them, then someone like them.

Brandon Miller of Arkansas would have been on my list instead of Castleton if it weren't for the gun situation.

As for players who were very realistic additions, Courtney Ramey (combo guard formerly of Texas, now at Arizona) is a player where there seemed to be a real mutual interest.
Smile My suggestion was for immediate help, a guy who could make UK a contender this season. Pickett is a senior who already transferred from Sienna to Penn State, but Kentucky would benefit most from a great guard with a higher basketball IQ than anybody sitting on their bench this season. Not many freshman guards step onto campus ready to lead their team to the Final Four or make an impact on the NBA following their freshman season. John Wall and Devin Booker were exceptions and Booker was not good enough in John Calipari's opinion to start. UK needs an experienced guard who has been well coached before he lands in Lexington.

It would be nice if UK could go to the transfer protocol to get a new coach.
[-] The following 2 users Like Hoot Gibson's post:
  • Cactus Jack, Jarons
(03-12-2023, 02:44 AM)Cactus Jack Wrote: Who you adding? Existing college players only. Must consider team chemistry and the big picture in this hypothetical.

Bryce Hopkins ...           LOL