Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Boyle County
95.00%
Gibson Southern (IN)
5.00%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Boyle County vs Gibson Southern (Fort Branch), IN (at Western Kentucky University)
Boyle County will play Gibson Southern (Fort Branch), IN at Western Kentucky University this Saturday. Thoughts?
I cant pick against Haddix. I know nothing about the Indiana team other than they have big deer up there. But that don't equate to football.

Boyle wins but I don't know if this is a powerhouse team. Knoxing Haddix, he schedules worthy opponents.
This year the Gibson Southern football team capture the Southern Illinois University 7-on-7 Tournament Championship with a 15-1 record.

Last 2 seasons they have a 24-2 record (10-1 in 2022 and 14-1 in 2021)

They where the 2021 Indiana 3A State Champions and had a player win the Indiana Mr. Football award.

Last season they finished with undefeated regular season and was ranked #2 in the Indiana Coached Poll. Lost to Owen Valley in the playoffs.

Very worthy opponent!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Rebel55's post:
  • Bull got out!
I figured that Haddix would schedule a beast of an opponent.
(08-13-2023, 12:54 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: This year the Gibson Southern football team capture the Southern Illinois University 7-on-7 Tournament Championship with a 15-1 record.

They where the 2021 Indiana 3A State Champions and had a player win the Indiana Mr. Football award.

Last season they finished with undefeated regular season and was ranked #2 in the Indiana Coached Poll.  Lost to Owen Valley in the playoffs. 

Very worthy opponent!

But Tommy scheduled Hughes, OH ...
Looking forward to this one.
I will take Boyle, after they manhandled Owensboro in their scrimmage, looks like they are gonna be loaded again. Go Boyle!
(08-13-2023, 02:26 PM)Old School Hound Wrote:
(08-13-2023, 12:54 PM)Rebel55 Wrote: This year the Gibson Southern football team capture the Southern Illinois University 7-on-7 Tournament Championship with a 15-1 record.

Last season they finished with undefeated regular season and was ranked #2 in the Indiana Coached Poll.  Lost to Owen Valley in the playoffs. 

Very worthy opponent!

But Tommy scheduled Hughes, OH ...

Sounds good though.... Smile
Boyle county in a shootout

Boyle County 56
Gibson Southern 21
Not sure that Gibson Southern is gonna have the horses to hang around all night, but that's a pretty legit program. Beat South Warren last year and has Boyle, South Warren, and a really good Mount Carmel team that might be one the best programs in Southern Illinois on their schedule this year. You don't schedule like that unless you think you're gonna be pretty good and are preparing for a run.

Quarterback Nick Boyd completed 73% of his passes, threw for 1,485 yards and 17 touchdowns, and he added 446 yards and nine scores on the ground in nine games last year. They also return a couple of good backs. The Titans will score some, but can't keep up with Boyle's speed on the other side of the ball. I'll go Rebels 48-23.
[-] The following 1 user Likes dodger's post:
  • Hoot Gibson
What I know about the Indiana team, I have learned here. Boyle may have the most talent they've had on this team than they've had on any other team coached by Haddix, and that's saying something. I'm picking the Rebels to win by 4 tds.
I always root for any KY team when they play against out of state foes.

Boyle- 42

Gibson- 14
[-] The following 2 users Like TheStickyBandit's post:
  • Jack Lambert, Rip/Spin
Does anybody know if this game is going to be available online?
(08-14-2023, 07:02 PM)rick2517 Wrote: Does anybody know if this game is going to be available online?

Yes, stfanclub.com

https://stfanclub.com/live/
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Bull got out!, rick2517
Boyle 35-28
I voted for Boyle+ to win but I won't be shocked if Gibson Southern goes home with a win. I don't think that this game will be a blowout either way. The scoreboard operator may be very busy.
It will be close if the Danville transfers aren't ruled eligible. Demauriah Brown is a difference maker, and teams can't just focus on Montavin Quisenberry when he's on the field.
(08-16-2023, 12:28 PM)Hoot Gibson Wrote: I voted for Boyle+ to win but I won't be shocked if Gibson Southern goes home with a win. I don't think that this game will be a blowout either way. The scoreboard operator may be very busy.
I am making the drive to see it
[-] The following 1 user Likes Advicegiver74's post:
  • Jack Lambert
Coach Haddix will always schedule tough. Have to respect him for that. Like many have said, I don't know much about this team other than their records in previous season. Give me the Rebels as always in this one!

Boyle- 42
Gibson Southern- 27
(08-14-2023, 03:02 PM)Rip/Spin Wrote: What I know about the Indiana team, I have learned here.  Boyle may have the most talent they've had on this team than they've had on any other team coached by Haddix, and that's saying something.  I'm picking the Rebels to win by 4 tds.
Possibly a lot of teams he didn’t coach. They are head and shoulders the favorite. But let’s be honest. They could have avg players and he’d turn them into a wrecking ball.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Hound05's post:
  • Bull got out!
(08-16-2023, 12:47 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: It will be close if the Danville transfers aren't ruled eligible. Demauriah Brown is a difference maker, and teams can't just focus on Montavin Quisenberry when he's on the field.

Any updates on the Demauriah Brown ruling?
(08-17-2023, 08:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:
(08-16-2023, 12:47 PM)Footballfan33 Wrote: It will be close if the Danville transfers aren't ruled eligible. Demauriah Brown is a difference maker, and teams can't just focus on Montavin Quisenberry when he's on the field.

I’m hearing it’s a done deal and he will be cleared.  Question is how long will the KHSAA take to notify Boyle.

I’d be shocked if he’s not cleared by Saturday, if not already been cleared.
[-] The following 2 users Like Rebel55's post:
  • Danville Blue Devil, Hatz
(08-17-2023, 09:41 PM)Rebel55 Wrote:
(08-17-2023, 08:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote:

I’m hearing it’s a done deal and he will be cleared.  Question is how long will the KHSAA take to notify Boyle.

I’d be shocked if he’s not cleared by Saturday, if not already been cleared.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrojanMan69's post:
  • Maroon Beech
I just got a text from a very good source saying that the Danville transfers were cleared to play sometime this week.
[-] The following 3 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • 64SUR, Danville Blue Devil, Hatz
Just got a call from the same source saying that he’s 99% sure Brown has been cleared and that Bixler has his hearing in the morning at 11:00 so it sounds like everyone but Bixler is good to go I hope he’s right and the kids do get to play not for Boyle’s sake but for the kids more than anything.
[-] The following 2 users Like Jack Lambert's post:
  • Bull got out!, Danville Blue Devil
I'm hearing that Brown and Bixler are officially out for Saturday.
(08-18-2023, 02:01 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: I'm hearing that Brown and Bixler are officially out for Saturday.

has Danville appealed the rulings?
Dynamic skill players on offense and because of that the OL play needs to be good not great for them to score points. Defensively, I suspect many of their athletes will not come off the field so the back 7 should be really good; DL line play will depend on how many kids "moved into" the district over the summer.

If Quisenberry stays healthy, there is probably no team in 4A who can prevent Boyle from claiming another State Championship.
Back when I was in high school they would say something like this..... Smile [Video: http://https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Be886Ezi30g]
Just waiting for Danville to sign off and clear them. They have 14 days to do so. So, technically, the Danville transfers could miss the first two games and not play their first game until they play, Danville.
[-] The following 1 user Likes TrojanMan69's post:
  • Rebel55