Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Johnson Central
100.00%
Dohn Community
0%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Johnson Central vs Dohn Community (Cincinnati), OH
Johnson Cenral (2-2)
Aug 18, 23 Madison Central home (W) 28 - 21  Hutch Bowl 
Aug 26, 23 Pikeville away (L) 14 - 21  Pike County Bowl 
Sep 1, 23 Belfry away (L) 20 - 48  ARH Bowl 
Sep 8, 23 Breathitt County home (W) 41 - 0

Dohn Community (0-3)
Aug 17,Thurgood Marshall (L) 28-16
Aug 25, Holy CrossCovington, KY (L) 32-14
Sep 9, Columbus Crusaders (L) 35-0
JC Running clock first qtr
Look whos back....
[Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/3bb5d9db...d=12574887]

JC rolls.......... Smile
[-] The following 2 users Like Bull got out!'s post:
  • Eagle Guy, jetpilot
How does JC get this school on their schedule?
Living up here in the frigid north, I had to Google the name of the school. I have never heard of them and neither has anyone I work with and they live on the wrong side of the Ohio river.
(09-12-2023, 11:48 AM)IAM22 Wrote: How does JC get this school on their schedule?
Living up here in the frigid north, I had to Google the name of the school. I have never heard of them and neither has anyone I work with and they live on the wrong side of the Ohio river.
Even better question is why would they schedule them?  I think their ranked 637th in Ohio. Have just over 30 kids on their roster with 6-8 over 200 pounds.
[-] The following 2 users Like Upnorth's post:
  • IAM22, RAMDAD50
Uh oh………..RPI…….Not good
Johnson Central big
(09-12-2023, 01:05 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
(09-12-2023, 11:48 AM)IAM22 Wrote: How does JC get this school on their schedule?
Even better question is why would they schedule them?  I think their ranked 637th in Ohio. Have just over 30 kids on their roster with 6-8 over 200 pounds.
I guess JC knew they needed to schedule a win at this point in the season
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAMDAD50's post:
  • Blacksmith
Guys, JC does a good job scheduling. its not the easiest getting people to play when you are a team with their success. This is a lemon of a team. But JC has played some good teams over the years.
(09-12-2023, 07:34 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
Absolutely brilliant observation! JC scheduled this game just in case their top 3 running backs were injured, so that they could have an easy game to rest players before facing Corbin. I am sure that was the plan.

Another possibility is that Coach Peck learned that Dohn was still looking for a game on a date that JC had open from Pikeville's staff, which also has Dohn on their schedule.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Lucas's post:
  • Diogenes
(09-12-2023, 07:34 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:

No, if that were the case they would have scheduled Raceland.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Westside's post:
  • Gold River
JC should be playing some of the big boys in Cincy.
Johnson Central and Pikeville playing this middle school team. I am surprised they would waste their time. I guess they are trying to disprove my theory. That JC would not win another game but Breathitt already let that happen.
(09-13-2023, 07:34 PM)Diablo Wrote: JC should be playing some of the big boys in Cincy.

I don't think anyone ranked top 50 in Ohio D1 (11 teams in Cincy right now) or Top 25 D2 (5 Teams) would schedule that game. Trinity, St. Xavier, and the occasional game with Highlands, Cov Cath, and Ryle is about it in Kentucky.

Not enough Harbin Points to be had to make it worth the drive.

They'd need guaranteed Frosh and JV games too.
(09-13-2023, 07:34 PM)Diablo Wrote: JC should be playing some of the big boys in Cincy.
They’re not going to play JC. Different league. But JC should play some of the big boys in Ky. Love to see them play Fredrick Douglas or Scott County.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Upnorth's post:
  • Blacksmith
Eagles win by as much as they want.
Good game to rest some of the key pieces and rotate in some younger guys for some needed reps. JC big.
Johnson central-54
Dohn-6
Running clock
Johnson Central scheduling Kindergarten teams shows that they are DONE Smile
Man alive guys, what's the deal with all the haters out there? JC has played their fair share of big boys and have had their fair share of success in doing so lol!!

We are down somewhat right now but we won't be long. Everybody kicking us right now makes me think we have hit some little nerves down through the years lolol !!

We are down somewhat right now but we won't be long. Everybody kicking us right now makes me think we have hit some little nerves down through the years lolol !!
(09-15-2023, 10:03 AM)Woodshed Wrote: Man alive guys, what's the deal with all the haters out there? JC has played their fair share of big boys and have had their fair share of success in doing so lol!!

I dont think they’re down at all. This is one of the most talented groups they have had. Losing their best running back really hurts. But they have 6 kids that can carry the ball and would start at most schools in Eky at running back.  They have a big line and a senior qb. Their extremely talented. Games like this one can kill your atmosphere though. Football season is long and practice is boring. The excitement from Friday nights keep you in it. This game has no excitement.
(09-14-2023, 12:17 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
They’re not going to play JC. Different league. But JC should play some of the big boys in Ky. Love to see them play Fredrick Douglas or Scott County.
JC would love to play some of the big boys of KY but when you put your open dates on listserve for all high school coaches to see and no one wants to play then what do you do.  If a list was posted people would be surprised at the schools that have said no to JC when contact was made by JC.  Of course those schools fans and some coaches would deny but e-mails and texts don't lie.
(09-15-2023, 03:44 PM)THOMCAT Wrote:
(09-14-2023, 12:17 PM)Upnorth Wrote:
JC would love to play some of the big boys of KY but when you put your open dates on listserve for all high school coaches to see and no one wants to play then what do you do.  If a list was posted people would be surprised at the schools that have said no to JC when contact was made by JC.  Of course those schools fans and some coaches would deny but e-mails and texts don't lie.
JC has said it’s fair shares of no. They said no to Frederick Douglas this year.  They drug their feet on Scott county when they were willing to play.
Yea, this will be ugly.. Like bad ugly..
I think one of the issues is that every school is fine with JC making the 2-3 hour drive to their place but very rarely will return the favor. I’d say there are tons of big schools in NKY, Louisville, Lexington that have turned down a home and home to avoid driving to Paintsville. Seems like every year JC has 4 home games max.
(09-15-2023, 04:53 PM)Mr. D Wrote: I think one of the issues is that every school is fine with JC making the 2-3 hour drive to their place but very rarely will return the favor. I’d say there are tons of big schools in NKY, Louisville, Lexington that have turned down a home and home to avoid driving to Paintsville. Seems like every year JC has 4 home games max.
JC needs to start the series back with Ironton or give LCA a call. That would be a good matchup. The big boys in WV like Cabell Midland and Huntington would be good games too