Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County Lady Owls- Vs- Powell County Lady Pirates
In a game coming up December 14,2007 between the Lady Owls of Owsley Co. and the Lady Pirates of Powell Co. In this double header the Owls will play the Lee Co. Bobcats and remember this is Homecoming for Owsley Co. How do you think these game will turn out and will the Lady Owls still be referred to as (OVER RATED). Should be a couple of great games, hope to see you their. Also remember support your favorite team. And be respectiful to you opponents
:Clap: :thumpsup:
Owsley Co. boys and Lee Co. boys right?
MtnGirl Wrote:Owsley Co. boys and Lee Co. boys right?
Owsley County boys vs Lee County boys, and Owsley County girls vs Powell County girls. Two big seeded district games, plus homecoming. Not good scheduling by Owsley in my opinion, considering Lee-Owsley boys is always a big gate, and homecoming is always a big gate. Schedule homecoming for non-district opponents.
That gym will be packed. Good Luck finding a seat! LOL
Owsley by 8
Powell will win this game if they continue playing the way they have been
Powell is a good team, with several starters back, but I'm going to pick Owsley by 8, since it is at home and during homecoming. This event always pumps the players up and the crowd is wild during this game.
The crowd is always wild in district games but the crowd doesn't play. Powell played a very physical game against Bryan Station Saturday and will be ready for Owsley Friday. Expect McFarland to have a big game for Powell and Kendra Combs for Owsley, the other starters will be the deciding factor in this game and I think Powells are more equipped. Should be a good game but I expect Powell to win by 10.
Owsley by 12 or more. At home, and Homecoming, and the boys playing Lee....standing room only in a small gym. If the Lady Owls can't win this one, then they are in BIG trouble. They have all the advantages. Now, when the game is played at Powell it may be a toss up.
I agree LOOKAYANNER if they cant win with that kind of advantage there would be something wrong. I dont think that crowd or any kind of event helps the chances of winning. The players decide.
The game IS at Owsley County, but I dont think that that should make a big difference for the Powell County girls. Didnt they win last year at Owsley during the season and at Owsley's home court during District? I think so. But, it should be a good match up!:ref2:
Imo...
It will be a GREAT matchup.... After this game alot of agruements will be settled.... Powell having five very talented starters.... and alot of heart and determination ... will not let the crowd or owsleys home court advantage come over them.... Good Luck Lady Pirates!!!! TongueirateSho
The lady pirated from what i seen when they played prestonsbrug and over at the panorama they are going to have a very good year will 3 starters back and Stevie rogers & Shelby barnett ( which they both had ALOT of playing time last year) taking over for the 2 lost seniors Thrope and Anderson... I think the pirates will have a very Dominating season... They are all working together and moving the ball anyone on the floor for the pirates can score no matter where they are at...
Region1 Wrote:The game IS at Owsley County, but I dont think that that should make a big difference for the Powell County girls. Didnt they win last year at Owsley during the season and at Owsley's home court during District? I think so. But, it should be a good match up!:ref2:

yea your right the lady pirates did beat the lady owls at the palace.... but needless to say if kendra combs didnt get man handled and was able to finish the game, who knows the game might have not went the way the lady pirates would have wanted.... In other words Kendra Combs is back still with little spells do to her sickness but can help the lady owls tremendously in this upcoming game against the lady pirates.... GOOD LUCK BOTH TEAMS!!
Region1 Wrote:The game IS at Owsley County, but I dont think that that should make a big difference for the Powell County girls. Didnt they win last year at Owsley during the season and at Owsley's home court during District? I think so. But, it should be a good match up!:ref2:
They did win in the district last year, but if you remember the game was about a 3 point difference in the 3rd quarter when leading scorer for Owsley, Combs, went down with an ankle injury. Without that injury that game could have gone either way. I think Owsley won at Powell last year and Powell won at Owsley. There's probably not much difference in these two this year either, I think both have most of their players back. i think Owsley lost one starter and Powell maybe two. Should be good games this year.
pickin'_n_grinnin Wrote:That gym will be packed. Good Luck finding a seat! LOL

I definately agree! The gym will be packed out for this game. A double-header, homecoming, and two huge games- IMO. I think that if Owsley comes out with their A game and are ready to play ball like they can then they will pull it out 6-8 pts +. Powell will be a tough opponent and I expect this to be a very much anticipated game.
Have you looked at the KHSAA site and looked at Powell's wins and loss? Bryan Station beat Sayre by six points, and Sayre is low mediocre at best. Powell has a lot to prove before they can be thought of as a "good" basketball team.
IMO... Owsley County is going to be a good, physical game. Without a doubt Powell County should come out with a victory. I dont even put Owsley County in the same catigory of playing level with Powell. Powell posses heart, determination and even better... talent. Not saying the lady owls cant play at all, im just letting you know Powell is expected to come out of the game with a win and the players with do anything in their power to make this happen. Be ready.
Nothing-but-Net Wrote:IMO... Owsley County is going to be a good, physical game. Without a doubt Powell County should come out with a victory. I dont even put Owsley County in the same catigory of playing level with Powell. Powell posses heart, determination and even better... talent. Not saying the lady owls cant play at all, im just letting you know Powell is expected to come out of the game with a win and the players with do anything in their power to make this happen. Be ready.
You may be right, but Powell has their work cut out for them. This is homecoming night. Owsley's boys play Lee County in the first game. The gym will be packed to the ceiling and out the doors. If Powell can win in that atmosphere, then they will have surely earned it. I don't see it happening. owsley has too much firepower coming back from last year, and Powell is REALLY going to miss Tharpe, who graduated.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You may be right, but Powell has their work cut out for them. This is homecoming night. Owsley's boys play Lee County in the first game. The gym will be packed to the ceiling and out the doors. If Powell can win in that atmosphere, then they will have surely earned it. I don't see it happening. owsley has too much firepower coming back from last year, and Powell is REALLY going to miss Tharpe, who graduated.
Powell has done just fine with out her... powell will fead off that atmosphere to so you cant say that owsley will pull it off cause it is homecoming powell wants it just as bad or worse than owsley does!
thecavemaster Wrote:Have you looked at the KHSAA site and looked at Powell's wins and loss? Bryan Station beat Sayre by six points, and Sayre is low mediocre at best. Powell has a lot to prove before they can be thought of as a "good" basketball team.

I would really like to see Owsley play Bryan Station. Now that would be funny.
Could you imagine the fans? LOL
14th Champ Wrote:I would really like to see Owsley play Bryan Station. Now that would be funny.
I would have to agree 100% that would be pretty FUNNY..
ballgurl00 Wrote:I would have to agree 100% that would be priity FUNNY..

Of course, "pretty" is not "pritty"... Based on comparative scores, Powell can make NO claim of superiority to Owsley, and vice versa. Bryan Station is, to put it bluntly, not a very good basketball team. I am not saying that Powell or Owsley or anybody else cannot play. I am saying that all the jive talking on this thread is just that: talk, words not supported with evidence. Period.
14th Champ Wrote:I would really like to see Owsley play Bryan Station. Now that would be funny.
SO BY THIS DOES THIS MEAN THAT BRYAN STATION MOPED THE FLOOR WITH POWELL
Owsley by 6
whistlegirl35 Wrote:SO BY THIS DOES THIS MEAN THAT BRYAN STATION MOPED THE FLOOR WITH POWELL

Powell only lost by 7 to bryan station, what he is saying is it takes a very good ball club to be able to handle that kinda pressure and that kinda game style coming from the 56th or evan the 14th
Powell by 8 or maybe more just play your hardest both teams
"Powell will win districts aint no doubt about it"
good luck both teams may the best