Poll: Who Wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Raceland
78.26%
Sayre
21.74%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland at Sayre 11/17 3RD ROUND
Raceland (9-3)
Aug 18, 23 Ashland Blazer away (L) 21 - 28 
Aug 25, 23 Letcher County Central away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 8, 23 Pikeville away (W) 7 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 Highlands home (L) 0 - 40 
Sep 22, 23 Newport Central Catholic home (W) 40 - 14 
Sep 29, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 6, 23 Fairview home (W) 67 - 0 
Oct 13, 23 Paris home (W) 43 - 13 
Oct 20, 23 Nicholas County away (W) 49 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Lexington Christian home (L) 21 - 48 
Nov 3, 23 Berea home (W) 1 - 0 - Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Sayre (12-0)
Aug 18, 23 Holy Cross (Covington) away (W) 41 - 3 
Aug 26, 23 Bracken County home (W) 40 - 21 
Sep 1, 23 Ludlow away (W) 14 - 0 
Sep 15, 23 Dayton home (W) 41 - 16 
Sep 22, 23 Nicholas County away (W) 47 - 2 
Sep 29, 23 Bourbon County away (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 6, 23 Berea home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 13, 23 Frankfort away (W) 45 - 6 
Oct 20, 23 Eminence home (W) 12 - 8 
Oct 27, 23 Bethlehem home (W) 46 - 21 
Nov 3, 23 Fairview home (W) 48 - 8 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals  
Nov 10, 23 Paris home (W) 38 - 12 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals (Forfeit)
Nov 10, 23 Frankfort home (W) 61 - 19 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
I think this game is gonna be like last years Hazard game. We was way better then Hazard last years and it shouldn’t have been that close. Sometimes coaches put Etta pressure on kids by the way they approach that weeks game in practice. I believe that’s what happened last year. That being said I think that’s how this game will play out. Not as close in the end as last years game against Hazard but a tight ballgame until the 4th. I say the Rams win by 18 points but it will feel much closer.

My god I just looked at their schedule. They’ve played absolutely nobody. Disregard my previous statement hahah
This game is going to come down to how Sayre handles playing in a physical game. They have some nice skill players but they haven’t played in a game where they will be hit hard every play. Offensively they have athletes and a QB that can exploit the Raceland secondary if they can keep Raceland out of the backfield. Defensively I don’t think they will be able to stop the Rams running game. I think this game might be similar to last years semifinal game against Holy Cross with Sayre being overpowered by a stronger Raceland team.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Orange Blaze's post:
  • Belichick
Raceland running clock
I think Raceland wins. I think their defensive front 7 is solid. I think they get pressure on Sayre QB. I don’t think they’ll allow him to be comfortable back there and I think Rams will be able to run it enough. Sayre has earned my respect though. They are building and on the rise. Have a location favorable to recruit especially for their offensive style. I would not be surprised to see them hang around in the game.
Tight early but the RAMS will pull away after they wear Sayre down. RAMS by at least (3) scores.

(11-11-2023, 07:09 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: Raceland (9-3)
Aug 18, 23 Ashland Blazer away (L) 21 - 28 
Aug 25, 23 Letcher County Central away (W) 40 - 20 
Sep 8, 23 Pikeville away (W) 7 - 6 
Sep 15, 23 Highlands home (L) 0 - 40 
Sep 22, 23 Newport Central Catholic home (W) 40 - 14 
Sep 29, 23 Hazard away (W) 43 - 0 
Oct 6, 23 Fairview home (W) 67 - 0 
Oct 13, 23 Paris home (W) 43 - 13 
Oct 20, 23 Nicholas County away (W) 49 - 14 
Oct 27, 23 Lexington Christian home (L) 21 - 48 
Nov 3, 23 Berea home (W) 1 - 0 - Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Sayre (12-0)
Aug 18, 23 Holy Cross (Covington) away (W) 41 - 3 
Aug 26, 23 Bracken County home (W) 40 - 21 
Sep 1, 23 Ludlow away (W) 14 - 0 
Sep 15, 23 Dayton home (W) 41 - 16 
Sep 22, 23 Nicholas County away (W) 47 - 2 
Sep 29, 23 Bourbon County away (W) 50 - 0 
Oct 6, 23 Berea home (W) 49 - 0 
Oct 13, 23 Frankfort away (W) 45 - 6 
Oct 20, 23 Eminence home (W) 12 - 8 
Oct 27, 23 Bethlehem home (W) 46 - 21 
Nov 3, 23 Fairview home (W) 48 - 8 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals  
Nov 10, 23 Paris home (W) 38 - 12 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals (Forfeit)
Nov 10, 23 Frankfort home (W) 61 - 19 Class 1A 2023 UK HealthCare Sports Medicine State Football Finals

Recent History
NONE
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...477a513d3d
Bull, you've got the Raceland-Frankfort Game result pinned on Sayre's schedule of results.
(11-11-2023, 07:25 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: I think this game is gonna be like last years Hazard game. We was way better then Hazard last years and it shouldn’t have been that close. Sometimes coaches put Etta pressure on kids by the way they approach that weeks game in practice. I believe that’s what happened last year. That being said I think that’s how this game will play out. Not as close in the end as last years game against Hazard but a tight ballgame until the 4th. I say the Rams win by 18 points but it will feel much closer.

My god I just looked at their schedule. They’ve played absolutely nobody. Disregard my previous statement hahah

Hazard was just as good as Raceland last year and the score of their game showed it. But the question in this game is can Sayre handle being pounded in the running game. That is where Hazard has wore them down in there games over the past two seasons. But Sayre is dangerous so the best thing Raceland can do is get up early and keep the pressure on Sayre to catch up. This will be an all out war between Wallace and Coffman.
I think if Raceland sticks with their power running game they handle Sayre easily because they won’t be able to stop the Rams but if the coach puts Raceland in some bad situations it could be a closer but I pick Raceland in a running clock game if they stick to business
Outside of Pikeville, every 1A team Raceland has played this year, have been a lot smaller in size and in numbers. They have also not been able to withstand the physicality of the game for 4 quarters. Granted, Hazard and NCC looked like stronger opponents when the season began in comparison to what they were when they both played the Rams. Raceland was still more than a couple notches better. Even against Paris. Sure early on they made us work for what we got. But after 5 mins into the 3rd quarter the damage was done. I may be dead wrong and if so, I will eat crow. But I don’t see Sayre being able to hold up physically next Friday. Rams have also faced a way more difficult schedule and have been in this moment several times now. I thought we would take a step back this year but regardless of the record, I think Raceland is a lm overall better team this year.

I think Sayre gets a few big plays. Maybe early, maybe later in the game. This one isn’t at or near a running clock until late I believe.

Raceland 35
Sayre 14
Raceland, run,run and more running eat up the clock on Sayre………but I do like passing team

Raceland 42
Sayre 21
Sayre presents problems. QB has 45 tds and zero interceptions. They run plays out of about 50 different formations. They have a legit reciever. Running game seems to be non existent. Can’t sleep walk through this game.
Raceland wins with a running clock.
The more I think about it. The more I look at scores. The more I watch on film. The more I think this game is not very close. I don’t think Sayre will handle the physicality and strength and they haven’t seen a true downhill run game all season. I think that’s where the difference is.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • Patriot1
As a program Sayre seems like they are ready to take a step forward in scheduling. The schedule they have had has done its job with building program interest and building confidence but I think they are at a point where an upgrade is necessary to be considered a legit contender. Obviously this game still has to be played but I would consider it to be a big upset if they were to pull a win against Raceland and I think playing stronger competition will go a long way for preparing for teams like Raceland and Pikeville in the playoffs.
Raceland wins, but it's going to be a battle.

Rams win, 31-21.
I think Raceland is the best team in 1A this year
(11-13-2023, 03:04 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: I think Raceland is the best team in 1A this year
Omg …..are you trying to drag the Pukeville people over here? If you wanna troll them go over to their thread hahah I’m just giving you a hard time Old School hahah. Jet is gonna lose his mind when he reads this haha
Our old friend RPI hath given us a free weekend road trip to the land where fairy tale schedules give a false sense of realty and and high hopes climb aboard the good ship lolipop. Unfortunately, the antagonist from Chinville will follow the orange brick road to Lextonia and bring this fantasy to an abrupt end. #R.P.I...R. I. P.
Sayre pulls the upset!

42-36
(11-13-2023, 03:04 AM)Old School 18 Wrote: I think Raceland is the best team in 1A this year
I think if you watch their game with Pikeville earlier this year closely, you’d know better. Can they beat Pikeville? Sure. They may not get to play each other again. Neither is invincible but Pikeville is the best/most complete team in 1A.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Belichick's post:
  • Big Five-0-
I watched the Paris Sayre game twice today. That is not the Paris team Raceland played. Paris looked lost and lethargic the entire game. Could be because the head coach took a bunch of kids to a concert the night before the game. They played like they were out all night. Sayre has a few nice players but I believe the physicality of Raceland will eventually take over the game at some point
[-] The following 1 user Likes RAM-A-DEVIL's post:
  • Nations Elite
Anyone know if this game will be streamed by Sayre?
(11-13-2023, 07:53 PM)Belichick Wrote:
I think if you watch their game with Pikeville earlier this year closely, you’d know better. Can they beat Pikeville? Sure. They may not get to play each other again. Neither is invincible but Pikeville is the best/most complete team in 1A.
That all depends on if you watch the game through maroon tinted or orange tinted glasses. It’s funny how everyone has dissected that game but failed to mention how the Rams only had the ball for like 5 minutes in the second half.
(11-14-2023, 07:44 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
That all depends on if you watch the game through maroon tinted or orange tinted glasses. It’s funny how everyone has dissected that game but failed to mention how the Rams only had the ball for like 5 minutes in the second half.
It’s not strange at all. It’s because everyone saw Raceland couldn’t move the ball except for a halfback pass the corner and safety fell asleep on. I don’t have on either glasses. I saw Raceland struggle to move the ball. I saw Pikeville march up and down the field. I saw Pikeville miss at least 3 deep passes that would have gone for TDs. I saw Pikeville not score 1st and goal at the 1 because of a penalty and a bad snap. I saw them fumble a different possession inside the 15. I saw a touchdown called down at the 1. Pikeville was without a special talent.  I saw Raceland win by 1 because Pikeville had an extra point blocked. I don’t think Pikeville walked away from that game thinking they were in trouble. I think Raceland thought they got the monkey off their back. From what I see, they’re wrong. Like I said, either or both could get upset and not get to play again but if they do, Pikeville is the better team. But hey, they won the first game so anything is possible.
(11-14-2023, 10:04 AM)Belichick Wrote:
(11-14-2023, 07:44 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote:
It’s not strange at all. It’s because everyone saw Raceland couldn’t move the ball except for a halfback pass the corner and safety fell asleep on. I don’t have on either glasses. I saw Raceland struggle to move the ball. I saw Pikeville march up and down the field. I saw Pikeville miss at least 3 deep passes that would have gone for TDs. I saw Pikeville not score 1st and goal at the 1 because of a penalty and a bad snap. I saw them fumble a different possession inside the 15. I saw a touchdown called down at the 1. Pikeville was without a special talent.  I saw Raceland win by 1 because Pikeville had an extra point blocked. I don’t think Pikeville walked away from that game thinking they were in trouble. I think Raceland thought they got the monkey off their back. From what I see, they’re wrong. Like I said, either or both could get upset and not get to play again but if they do, Pikeville is the better team. But hey, they won the first game so anything is possible.

This is a thread dealing with the Raceland/Sayre game so I will refrain from comment concerning the eventual Raceland/Pikeville game.  Apparently, there is a football team in Lexington that believes this matchup is not going to happen. So, I don't want to make the mistake of overlooking them in anticipation of a possible Pikeville game. I hope the Raceland coaches and players do the same. Focus, one game at a time.
[-] The following 1 user Likes i82much's post:
  • Orange Blaze
I agree 82. Sayre is riding a long win streak and looking to make a statement that their Program is the next big thing in 1A. They have a very tallented player in the Coffman kid and Pennington has high football pedigree in his blood and can pick a team apart if he has time. Raceland needs to feed Wallace and Heighton early and often and keep those two on the sidelines.
[-] The following 1 user Likes ArmChairHC's post:
  • i82much
(11-14-2023, 11:52 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I agree 82. Sayre is riding a long win streak and looking to make a statement that their Program is the next big thing in 1A. They have a very tallented player in the Coffman kid and Pennington has high football pedigree in his blood and can pick a team apart if he has time. Raceland needs to feed Wallace and Heighton early and often and keep those two on the sidelines.

Agree, a ground and pound is the prescription needed here. Demoralizing them by controlling the clock will take away any chance they have of an upset. 
If I’m remembering correctly, last season when Pikeville played Sayre they actually did a pretty admirable job of slowing down Birchfield. My point is they actually can be a little more physical than you would think by looking at the results of their lighter schedule. I remember them making a really nice strip sack play on Duty and the kid took it for a TD. It was a great play honestly. I think Hensley had a massive game and kinda broke their spirit right before the half. Raceland should still win this game fairly easily but Sayre is more than capable of making Raceland earn their yards. Like I’ve said in multiple posts, I love Sayres coaching and I love the approach they’ve taken to try to gain steam in single A.
That big win is coming, but I truly don’t think it’s this Friday. But what if it is?
When Raceland has played good teams this year they havent shown up, barely beating Pikeville.

Now is Sayre a good team? They have played no one to say they are, but yet here they are playing Raceland in the Reginal game.

28-24
(11-14-2023, 11:52 AM)ArmChairHC Wrote: I agree 82. Sayre is riding a long win streak and looking to make a statement that their Program is the next big thing in 1A. They have a very tallented player in the Coffman kid and Pennington has high football pedigree in his blood and can pick a team apart if he has time. Raceland needs to feed Wallace and Heighton early and often and keep those two on the sidelines.

Thanks for causing me to spit my chili dog all over my screen lol