Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Daniel Thomas Mr. Football
This kid should win Mr. Football. Broke a record that was over 50 years long, and has put Bell County on his back all season. His numbers are insane. He reminds me of Jeremy Simpson the Mr. Football from Lincoln County.
100%

If anyone other than him wins Mr Football I would be shocked and it would make the whole thing seem like a total sham. Add in that he also has a great chance to break the rushing TD record on Friday.
(11-19-2023, 08:50 AM)fansville Wrote: 100%

If anyone other than him wins Mr Football I would be shocked and it would make the whole thing seem like a total sham. Add in that he also has a great chance to break the rushing TD record on Friday.
One of the major questions that people want to hang over this young man is would he excel playing better competition?   And as you can see as the playoff plot thickens the cream rises to the top and Daniel is running over and past people.  Against, Belfry one of the better teams in the state and this and Friday night he rushed for over 500 in those two games. So, I agree with the two post above, if he does not receive the award because someone else plays on a bigger school or a private school with a D1 offer it would be a shame.   I mean the kid from CAL has put up some crazy numbers but those numbers are miscued.  He throw's the ball to several D1 receivers and their YAC is crazy.  What Daniel has done has been truly amazing.   Just my opinion.
I’d give it to quisinberry but Thomas has a good season
[-] The following 1 user Likes FallRock's post:
  • Deuce8
(11-19-2023, 10:08 AM)FallRock Wrote: I’d give it to quisinberry but Thomas has a good season
Quesinberry is probably the most dangerous of all but being a junior, I don't think he is eligible till next year.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Holy Bull's post:
  • FallRock
IMO, Daniel Thomas IS Mr Football; whether or not the powers that be award it to him.

It has been my experience that oftentimes; the kids from this area get overlooked. I hope that isn't the case with Thomas. After all, he has a national record under his belt. But if it is, nothing will change what this young man has accomplished!!!
[-] The following 2 users Like Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever, The Red Eminence
Strength of schedule matters.....I don't even know who Bell has played if he leads them to Kroger then he deserves it, if not????
Oh absolutely he should be Mr. Football. We saw him in person and he is the real deal!
I do believe like Granny Bear eastern KY kids get overlooked, we don't have numerous reputible media outlets hyping our athletes.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Spoozer12's post:
  • BobcatForever
Absolutely he should be
[-] The following 1 user Likes BobcatForever's post:
  • pjdoug
Competition or not, this kid is a stud and deserves it.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Corbin's post:
  • BobcatForever
(11-19-2023, 10:32 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Strength of schedule matters.....I don't even know who Bell has played if he leads them to Kroger then he deserves it, if not????
He would get his no matter what class he played in he is a workaholic and gives all the credit to his teammates just wants to win and compete!!
  • pjdoug
Averie Bodner is probably a deserving candidate from Boyle. Kid just wins against better competition than Bell plays.

Brady Hensley from LCA isn’t to shabby. What about the Smith Twins at Corbin?
Thomas has passed all of those kids in rushing yards.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • pjdoug
Does anything more need to be said than he broke a 50+ yr standing rushing record while averaging 10+ yds per carry?

The competition comment is unfounded. Bell is ranked #3 in rpi, is undefeated with wins over 3 - 5A teams & 3 - 4a teams. His competition level relative to the talent of his team as a whole has been just fine.
Hensley or Quisenberry. The yardage they put up against a much tougher opponents MATTERS!
[-] The following 2 users Like Cafe Mocha's post:
  • FallRock, rookie57
(11-19-2023, 03:11 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Hensley or Quisenberry. The yardage they put up against a much tougher opponents MATTERS!
He has Played Against 13 teams this Season just ask each coach and player what kind of opponent he was and is!!

(11-19-2023, 03:01 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Thomas has passed all of those kids in rushing yards.
And Leads The NATION in Rushing!!
  • pjdoug
(11-19-2023, 03:11 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: Hensley or Quisenberry. The yardage they put up against a much tougher opponents MATTERS!

Trust me, I'm NOT minimizing those kid's talents and contributions.  You're damn right they matter; and all their accomplishments matter.
I'm just saying that in the grand scheme of things, Daniel Thomas DESERVES the title of Mr. Football.  I just hope he isn't beaten out of the position by politics!!
[-] The following 1 user Likes Granny Bear's post:
  • BobcatForever
These kids are studs but Hensley’s private school all star team got slapped Friday night while Thomas carried his team on his back. 
Also LCA outscored 6 of its 13 opponents by 42 or more points so their competition wasn’t that great in a large portion of their games. In contrast, Bell Co didn’t beat anyone by 42 this year so who really faced tougher running conditions relative to the talent around them? The player with one of the nations best QBs by his side to keep defenses on their heels or the guy everyone in the stadium new was about to run the ball and he did it anyway to the tune of 3,500yds and counting?

Quisenberry is not eligible for Mr Football as he is a junior so that is a moot point.
(11-19-2023, 03:16 PM)BobcatForever Wrote:
He has Played Against 13 teams this Season just ask each coach and player what kind of opponent he was and is!!

(11-19-2023, 03:01 PM)Granny Bear Wrote: Thomas has passed all of those kids in rushing yards.
Mmmm let me see…
Bowling Green, CAL, Pikeville, Boyle Co, Raceland, Lexington Cath and recently Mayfield. Now tell us, which of these teams are still playing the day after thanksgiving? I’ll wait! My point, Hensley played in all those games and put up great numbers. Bell Co played cupcake city.
(11-19-2023, 05:51 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:

Mmmm let me see…
Bowling Green, CAL, Pikeville, Boyle Co, Raceland, Lexington Cath and recently Mayfield. Now tell us, which of these teams are still playing the day after thanksgiving? I’ll wait! My point, Hensley played in all those games and put up great numbers. Bell Co played cupcake city.
Just Saying Man He Wouold Have great Numbers if he Played At One Of those schools i Guess Work ethic and determination means Nothing hhmm!!

Mmmm let me see…
Either Way He Earns What he gets and is A fine young Man to boot!!
[-] The following 2 users Like BobcatForever's post:
  • Cafe Mocha, pjdoug
(11-19-2023, 10:08 AM)FallRock Wrote: I’d give it to quisinberry but Thomas has a good season

Good doesn't describe it. Thomas should be Mr. Football.
[-] The following 1 user Likes pjdoug's post:
  • BobcatForever
(11-19-2023, 10:32 AM)Spoozer12 Wrote: Strength of schedule matters.....I don't even know who Bell has played if he leads them to Kroger then he deserves it, if not????

He deserves it , period.
  • BobcatForever
(11-19-2023, 02:49 PM)Diablo Wrote: Averie Bodner is probably a deserving candidate from Boyle.  Kid just wins against better competition than Bell plays.

Brady Hensley from LCA isn’t to shabby.  What about the Smith Twins at Corbin?

Thomas deserves it over all of them.

Mmmm let me see…

Thomas is Mr. Football. He gets better as the game progresses.

Mmmm let me see…
Those Are All fine teams that you mentioned as well sir
The fact remains, Daniel Thomas has rushed for more yards than anyone in the entire HISTORY of Kentucky HS football and will likely break the rushing TD record next week. As icing on the cake he leads the entire country in rushing at the moment.

Spin things however you want, that is the end of the story and the last page will say

KY Mr Football…Daniel Thomas.
[-] The following 1 user Likes fansville's post:
  • Nations Elite
I won’t lose a bit of sleep if Daniel Thomas wins the Award. Is he the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in Ky or he just have the BEST STATS?

I’d probably give the award to Bodner.
[-] The following 1 user Likes Diablo's post:
  • Cafe Mocha
(11-19-2023, 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote: I won’t lose a bit of sleep if Daniel Thomas wins the Award.  Is he the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in Ky or he just have the BEST STATS?

Best stats against cupcakes. I’ll take a player(s) whom competition was a lot tougher vs. the best in KY and put up similar numbers.
(11-19-2023, 10:21 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote:
(11-19-2023, 09:59 PM)Diablo Wrote: I won’t lose a bit of sleep if Daniel Thomas wins the Award.  Is he the BEST FOOTBALL PLAYER in Ky or he just have the BEST STATS?

Best stats against cupcakes. I’ll take a player(s) whom competition was a lot tougher vs. the best in KY and put up similar numbers.

if you had a vote, my vote would cancel yours.
  • BobcatForever