Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville Middle School Baseball
1st year for junior high baseball. Does anyone know who the coaches might be. Also any predictions on how good they will be this year.
Should be Sammy Hamilton as the Coach.

His boy can flat play as well.
age breakdown or grade breakdown??
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:age breakdown or grade breakdown??

Does Russell have a Middle school baseball team? I was thinking they didnt. I didnt think any of the area schools had one.

I know for a fact that Boyd Co could run the table if they had a Middle school team. One of my cousins told me they play JV with the older boys instead, which is a crazy idea for a 7th/8th Grader.
No - Russell has the 13 year old BABE RUTH kids that now play JV. I think that this started after Greenup County lost their Babe Ruth charter and combined with Russell 2 years ago. When All-Stars were picked I think only 3 kids from the Russell-Flatwoods league made the all-stars due to the Coach being from Greenup.
I can forsee a change in the middle school team coming as the high school coach has been encouraging our younger kids to play travel USSSA or AABC baseball.
I would hope that the middle school fields their own team soon as my son will be in the 6th grade next year. The team wouldprobably be 7th and 8th grade.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Butkus Wrote:Should be Sammy Hamilton as the Coach.

His boy can flat play as well.

whos his son? what school?
If...Then Wrote:whos his son? what school?

Sammy's son is Jacob Hamilton. I dont think he is in Middle School yet. Pretty sure he is just in 5th or 6th Grade, but he is going to be a great Baseball Player at all levels.
Butkus Wrote:Does Russell have a Middle school baseball team? I was thinking they didnt. I didnt think any of the area schools had one.

I know for a fact that Boyd Co could run the table if they had a Middle school team. One of my cousins told me they play JV with the older boys instead, which is a crazy idea for a 7th/8th Grader.

Bringem to Paintsville and we'll test that fact. How can you know this if they have never played.
OffTheHook Wrote:Bringem to Paintsville and we'll test that fact. How can you know this if they have never played.

This thread is not about Paintsville or Boyd Co. Let's keep it on Pikeville Middle School Baseball.
OffTheHook Wrote:Bringem to Paintsville and we'll test that fact. How can you know this if they have never played.

I've seen the best that Paintsville has to offer and probably have seen my Boy play against them. But of course the best around Paintsville moved to Johnson County's Baseball League, from what I saw.

I am not exactly sure that Butkus's statement about running the Table is true, but Boyd does have a very good group of kids in that age group, but they do not have a Middle School Program. What type of team does Paintsville have? Do they have a Middle School team? Is it based from Paintsville only, or does it include Johnson County school kids? I have seen a few of Johnson's players in the past and matter of fact they have played with a lot of these Boyd Co boys. There are some good athletes in that Area. Good Luck to Paintsville and put the River Cities Panthers on your Middle School Schedule. We are only 13-under, but would be willing to play a Doubleheader or two.

I believe Pikeville should be able to field a really nice Middle School team from some of the kids I have seen play in the Past. I have seen some traveling teams from Pike County in the past. I am sure a Burchett man had a team in this group one time that I saw play in Tennesse that was very good.
RiverCitiesPanthers Wrote:I am not exactly sure that Butkus's statement about running the Table is true, but Boyd does have a very good group of kids in that age group, but they do not have a Middle School Program. What type of team does Paintsville have? Do they have a Middle School team? Is it based from Paintsville only, or does it include Johnson County school kids? I have seen a few of Johnson's players in the past and matter of fact they have played with a lot of these Boyd Co boys. There are some good athletes in that Area. Good Luck to Paintsville and put the River Cities Panthers on your Middle School Schedule. We are only 13-under, but would be willing to play a Doubleheader or two.

I believe Pikeville should be able to field a really nice Middle School team from some of the kids I have seen play in the Past. I have seen some traveling teams from Pike County in the past. I am sure a Burchett man had a team in this group one time that I saw play in Tennesse that was very good.
That team consisted of kids from all over kentucky. Like Tate Banks and Chandler Sheppard from Lawrence Co. Kids from Boyle County, Richmond, and many different places. But there were always 2-4 Pikeville kids on the team. And they still play in the summer and are now the Kentucky Gators. But his son is currently at Paintsville in 7th grade.
Panther Thunder Wrote:That team consisted of kids from all over kentucky. Like Tate Banks and Chandler Sheppard from Lawrence Co. Kids from Boyle County, Richmond, and many different places. But there were always 2-4 Pikeville kids on the team. And they still play in the summer and are now the Kentucky Gators. But his son is currently at Paintsville in 7th grade.

I do remember some of that, and I did know that the team was mixed, but all figured it was based around kids from Pikeville Schools. I do remember Kyle Pauley from Boyd County playing with them as well.

BTW, how is his kid in 7th Grade, when these other names are all Freshman now? Was his kid that much younger than the rest of them?
RiverCitiesPanthers Wrote:I do remember some of that, and I did know that the team was mixed, but all figured it was based around kids from Pikeville Schools. I do remember Kyle Pauley from Boyd County playing with them as well.

BTW, how is his kid in 7th Grade, when these other names are all Freshman now? Was his kid that much younger than the rest of them?
He was younger than most and his birthday is in September of 1993 so he is a legal 7th grader, he always played up even on the older Pikeville teams. And yea Kyle played a couple of tournaments after the team from Durbin (sp) was done. But that team at one time could literally compete with anyone in the world. They were just as good as any of the teams in the LWS. They didn't lose a tournament when Chandler played for 3 years. But that team is probably one of the better little league teams to ever be put together in Ky. Great memories from those teams and many great players have passed through there. They also had a kid that now starts for Madison Central on the team and countless others.
RiverCitiesPanthers Wrote:Sammy's son is Jacob Hamilton. I dont think he is in Middle School yet. Pretty sure he is just in 5th or 6th Grade, but he is going to be a great Baseball Player at all levels.

Oh yea, Im stupid, i played with him. he goes to BL
If...Then Wrote:Oh yea, Im stupid, i played with him. he goes to BL

If this kid goes to BL, then how is his dad going to coach the Pikeville middle school team?
hammertime Wrote:If this kid goes to BL, then how is his dad going to coach the Pikeville middle school team?

you've got me there too hammer
do you haved to be a teacher still to coach a school sponsered sport? because jr. high basketballs coach isnt
If...Then Wrote:Oh yea, Im stupid, i played with him. he goes to BL

BL? Are you saying he goes to Betsy Layne?

I believe they live around Racoon or Johns Creek, so I cant imagine them going to Betsy Layne.
RiverCitiesPanthers Wrote:BL? Are you saying he goes to Betsy Layne?

I believe they live around Racoon or Johns Creek, so I cant imagine them going to Betsy Layne.

yes, Dillon Hamilton in the 6th grade that i know goes to Betsy Layne

here,
If...Then Wrote:yes, Dillon Hamilton in the 6th grade that i know goes to Betsy Layne

here,
Jacob Hamilton hommie
Panther Thunder Wrote:Jacob Hamilton hommie

crap.:ChairHit:
Panther Thunder Wrote:He was younger than most and his birthday is in September of 1993 so he is a legal 7th grader, he always played up even on the older Pikeville teams. And yea Kyle played a couple of tournaments after the team from Durbin (sp) was done. But that team at one time could literally compete with anyone in the world. They were just as good as any of the teams in the LWS. They didn't lose a tournament when Chandler played for 3 years. But that team is probably one of the better little league teams to ever be put together in Ky. Great memories from those teams and many great players have passed through there. They also had a kid that now starts for Madison Central on the team and countless others.

My son is in the 7th grade he was born Oct. 1994 and is one of the oldest kids in the 7th grade that hasn't been held back. How can a kid born a year before him be a legal 7th grader?
BMSPirateMom #11 Wrote:My son is in the 7th grade he was born Oct. 1994 and is one of the oldest kids in the 7th grade that hasn't been held back. How can a kid born a year before him be a legal 7th grader?

Because he will not turn 19 until after his senior year starts.

That kid will be -

15 in 8th grade

16 in 9th grade

17 in 10th grade

18 in 11th grade

19 in September of 12th grade.

He is a legal 7th grader because he ill not turn 19 until AFTER August 1st his senior year.

IMVHO all kids should turn 13 in the 6th grade, or be 13 BEFORE schools starts in 7th grade.................
Butkus Wrote:I've seen the best that Paintsville has to offer and probably have seen my Boy play against them. But of course the best around Paintsville moved to Johnson County's Baseball League, from what I saw.

LMAO! Well if that is what you think. Just bring'm and test'm. Smile
Why are people talking about Painstville, JC, and Boyd co. on this thread? I thought this was about Pikeville Middle School. I am very excited to see how this new middle school team pans out for Pikeville.
OffTheHook Wrote:LMAO! Well if that is what you think. Just bring'm and test'm. Smile
yeah Paintsville has one of the best teams to offer
AV22 Wrote:yeah Paintsville has one of the best teams to offer
Once again. Keep The thread on PIKEVILLE. Paintsville can have its own thread.
If they are discussing the competition that Pikeville can have (games they may get to play) why is it a problem to mention another team in this thread?

If it gets out of hand.... it will be closed... otherwise.... continue to discuss......

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986 Wrote:If they are discussing the competition that Pikeville can have (games they may get to play) why is it a problem to mention another team in this thread?

If it gets out of hand.... it will be closed... otherwise.... continue to discuss......
Well, it started out as Paintsville being better than Boyd Co. but anyway.. What players are coming out for the Panthers?