Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Bowl 2008
I know its way too early to start talking about the season but lets go ahead and start a conversation about the Pike Co Bowl!

From what I know this is going to be the Schedule for the PCB next year:

Aug 29 2008-at Shelby Valley High School
Pike Co Central vs Phelps 6:00PM
Shelby Valley vs East ridge

Aug 30 2008-at Pikeville High School
Belfry vs Louisville Holy Cross 6:00 PM
Pikeville vs Corbin 8:00PM

Not 100% sure about the site on the 30th. But I am sure about the games.

Thoughts?
i thought this was always played @ Belfry & Pikeville:confused:
That's what I thought too.... at least since CAM stadium was built!
Thank the lord they finally moved the JV games to their own site. lol
What I just found at http://www.tourpikecounty.com/calender_of_events.htm , the games are the 22nd and 23rd? It lists the site as the Hambley Athletic Complex, though I am sure two of the games will be played elsewhere!
Just what Iv heard.
According to KHSAA.org Aug 29 is week 1 of the 2008 football season.
It is also listed on kyfestivals.com as the 22nd and 23rd, so I have no clue LOL
The season starts Aug 29, the PCB will be the 29th and 30th.

If they move the games to the format above, the Saturday night will again be a showcase but overall attendance for the two day event will suffer.

Case of the squeaky wheel getting the grease.
HORNET POWER Wrote:i thought this was always played @ Belfry & Pikeville:confused:

Not always. When other Pike County Schools were added as part of the Bowl, games have been played at Shelby Valley and possibly Pike Central (not for sure).
They have played games at ER too. But that was in 2002.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Thank the lord they finally moved the JV games to their own site. lol

I wish the these teams would play some outside competition during the BOWL. Why keep playing other Pike County schools?

They can get the same gates playing eachother during the season.
That's why it's called the Pike County Bowl I guess. I did like it better when it was just Belfry and Pikeville showcasing their talent. It meant more for some reason.
If they didn't play each other, 1 or 2 teams would be left out - and we can't have THAT now, can we ??? If those 4 all played a visiting team, the sponsor would have to shell out a lot more $$$ and they'd need 3 double-headers, which means either a 3rd night or 2 DH's would be going on at the same time.
VHSL-helper Wrote:If they didn't play each other, 1 or 2 teams would be left out - and we can't have THAT now, can we ??? If those 4 all played a visiting team, the sponsor would have to shell out a lot more $$$ and they'd need 3 double-headers, which means either a 3rd night or 2 DH's would be going on at the same time.

I think they should leave them out until they can beat someone worth a ...........
Chuck Taylor Wrote:I wish the these teams would play some outside competition during the BOWL. Why keep playing other Pike County schools?

They can get the same gates playing each other during the season.
it's not necessarily the teams decision, the bowl commite has the last say so. If im not mistaking.
I say Phelps will beat Pike County Central this year in the Pike County Bowl.

*Edited by admin. for spelling/grammar*
timmy81 Wrote:i say phelps will beet pike county central this year in the pike county bowl..

I say your crazy. No disrespect intented but Phelps isnt sure they will have a team next season, not to mentition they have NEVER won a Pike Co Bowl. But how can you say you think Phelps will win?
I think Phelps will win this one, but sometimes it is hard to beat 3A schools like PCC. Phelps should play an outside school that they can beat.

*Edited by admin. for spelling and grammar.
timmy81 Wrote:I think Phelps will win this one, but sometimes it is hard to beat 3A schools like PCC. Phelps should play an outside school that they can beat.

*Edited by admin. for spelling and grammar.

IMO, PCC is and will be better than Phelps. Some of the older Phelps teams may have given them a run, but if you're having trouble fielding a team, that's going to hurt you. Especially in the first game.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
yeah haha..i say it will be a good game phelps and pike central..
ComfortEagle Wrote:IMO, PCC is and will be better than Phelps. Some of the older Phelps teams may have given them a run, but if you're having trouble fielding a team, that's going to hurt you. Especially in the first game.

Phelps lost alot of big lineman this season and with out those big ole lineman its gonna be hard to run the ball...And the last time I checked Phelps ran the ball about 96% of the time...I dont even rember the last time Phelps threw a pass. But comparing them to PCC I really am not sure about .
Real Badman Wrote:I dont know CE, Phelps lost alot of big lineman this season and with out those big ole lineman its gonna be hard to run the ball...And the last time I checked Phelps ran the ball about 96% of the time...I dont even rember the last time Phelps threw a pass. But comparing them to PCC I really am not sure about .

Agreed, though some of the size lost on the line can be remedied by having quick linemen. Granted it wouldn't be wise to run it up the middle, but have some quick pulling linemen and run it outside and there might be some success at that. But it sure will be hard to run it up the gut without anyone up front to make people move.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
timmy81 Wrote:yeah haha..i say it will be a good game phelps and pike central..

Dont know exactly what each team has coming back, but PC had a lot of seniors last year. I don't see either being to good.
Yeah they did lose a lot of kids this year, But Phelps High School is getting a lot more kids that will play football this year.
*Just a reminder to use correct spelling and grammar.*
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
timmy81 Wrote:yeah they did lose a lot of kids this year,,but phelps high school is getin a lot of more kids that will play football this year..

Dont they try to get alot of kids to play every year?...Or just this year?
timmy81 Wrote:I say Phelps will beat Pike County Central this year in the Pike County Bowl.

*Edited by admin. for spelling/grammar*

?????????????
I just don't see that happening.
ComfortEagle Wrote:Agreed, though some of the size lost on the line can be remedied by having quick linemen. Granted it wouldn't be wise to run it up the middle, but have some quick pulling linemen and run it outside and there might be some success at that. But it sure will be hard to run it up the gut without anyone up front to make people move.
I think its going to be hard for them to run the ball to the outside peroid with E.J. Hampton at LB in the PCC 4-4 defense. The only way I can see Phelps winning this game is if they can PASS the ball.
warriorpride Wrote:I know its way too early to start talking about the season but lets go ahead and start a conversation about the Pike Co Bowl!

From what I know this is going to be the Schedule for the PCB next year:

Aug 29 2008-at Shelby Valley High School
Pike Co Central vs Phelps 6:00PM
Shelby Valley vs East ridge

Aug 30 2008-at Pikeville High School
Belfry vs Louisville Holy Cross 6:00 PM
Pikeville vs Corbin 8:00PM

Not 100% sure about the site on the 30th. But I am sure about the games.

Thoughts?

Anu updates on the Pike Co. Bowl times, location, teams etc...