19. Mercer County
20. Elizabethtown
Shelby County
22. DuPont Manual
23. Ballard
Bowling Green
George Rogers Clark
Letcher County Central

Lawrence is moving up as they should. They play Louisville Trinity and Franklin County tomorrow.
Triple Crown Wrote:Regular Season Poll - April 10, 2008

( 1st-Place Votes in Parentheses )

1. Pleasure Ridge Park
2. Apollo
3. Paul Dunbar
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Eastern
St. Xavier
7. Tates Creek
8. Henry Clay
9. Lexington Christian
10. Male
11. Heath
12. Henderson County
13. Christian County
14. Barren County
15. Owensboro Catholic
16. Lawrence County
17. Covington Catholic
18. Trinity
19. Mercer County
20. Elizabethtown
Shelby County
22. DuPont Manual
23. Ballard
Bowling Green
George Rogers Clark
Letcher County Central

Lawrence is moving up as they should. They play Louisville Trinity and Franklin County tomorrow.

GRC is ranked over Harrisonhttp://www.bluegrassrivals.com/forum/images/smilies/confused.gif
:confused:
Triple Crown Wrote:Regular Season Poll - April 10, 2008

1. Pleasure Ridge Park
2. Apollo
3. Paul Dunbar
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Eastern
St. Xavier
7. Tates Creek
8. Henry Clay
9. Lexington Christian
10. Male
11. Heath
12. Henderson County
13. Christian County
14. Barren County
15. Owensboro Catholic
16. Lawrence County
17. Covington Catholic
18. Trinity
19. Mercer County
20. Elizabethtown
Shelby County
22. DuPont Manual
23. Ballard
Bowling Green
George Rogers Clark
Letcher County Central

Big Grin Glad to see LCC on that list Big Grin
[quote=Triple Crown]Regular Season Poll - April 10, 2008

1. Pleasure Ridge Park
2. Apollo
3. Paul Dunbar
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Eastern
St. Xavier
7. Tates Creek
8. Henry Clay
9. Lexington Christian
10. Male
11. Heath
12. Henderson County
13. Christian County
14. Barren County
15. Owensboro Catholic
16. Lawrence County
17. Covington Catholic
18. Trinity
19. Mercer County
20. Elizabethtown
Shelby County
22. DuPont Manual
23. Ballard
Bowling Green
George Rogers Clark
Letcher County Central

How is Estill Co. not mentioned in this pole but LCC is??? Doesn't seem logical:confused:
Hang in there Lawrence County
It does seem odd, but LCC has been winning some games and they are the 14th region champs until someone knocks them off. They have been playing some good ball lately, and i'm not saying Estill hasn't, but LCC is still the champs as of now.
Redsfan65 Wrote:[quote=Triple Crown]Regular Season Poll - April 10, 2008

1. Pleasure Ridge Park
2. Apollo
3. Paul Dunbar
4. Lexington Catholic
5. Eastern
St. Xavier
7. Tates Creek
8. Henry Clay
9. Lexington Christian
10. Male
11. Heath
12. Henderson County
13. Christian County
14. Barren County
15. Owensboro Catholic
16. Lawrence County
17. Covington Catholic
18. Trinity
19. Mercer County
20. Elizabethtown
Shelby County
22. DuPont Manual
23. Ballard
Bowling Green
George Rogers Clark
Letcher County Central

How is Estill Co. not mentioned in this pole but LCC is??? Doesn't seem logical:confused:

Are you saying that LCC don't deserve to be in it, I mean they are on a 6 or 7 game winning streak with some good to very good teams that they've beat
If I am not mistaking I saw June Buchanon and Betsy Layne even getting votes, that is a joke.
Jshort5 Wrote:[quote=Redsfan65][/B]

Are you saying that LCC don't deserve to be in it, I mean they are on a 6 or 7 game winning streak with some good to very good teams that they've beat

I see his point though, however, Estill has only beaten one good team, Madison Central. Estill may be undefeated but they have not played anyone that is any good besides Madison Central. LCC is on a 7 game win streak with wins over Bryan Station, Montgomery County, and Hazard. Until Estill beats some better teams than what they are playing they are only going to recieve a few votes here and there. I think LCC will be a big threat come post season because of their schedule. They play so many good teams, the 14th will look like a cake walk to them. Not too mention they have probably the best coach in the 14th. From what I have seen from him and the teams he has had, he can really turn a program around in a hurry.

However, I think what a lot of people don't realize about this poll is it's voted on by coaches, and it is mainly a popularity contest. I mean come on Betsy Layne has the same number of votes as Boyd County. Betsy Layne is 1-7. It is rediculus that they are getting votes. It makes a joke out of the poll. Another one is JBS. They are 2-3 with the only two wins they have are against Owsley County and Buckhorn, but somehow they got a vote for the top 25.Rolleyes

Red Bird also got a vote. This three teams have no business being anywhere close to the top 25. They aren't anywhere close to being on the same level as the top 15 or so. After the first 15 teams it gets kinda fishy. I wish I knew what some of these coaches were thinking.....:confused:

Here is the link where you can see who the rest of the teams were who got votes....

http://www.khsbca.com/polls.php
Jshort5 Wrote:[quote=Redsfan65][/B]

NO! Not what I meant. IMO I see Letcher still behind Estill County at this time.
Letcher is playing well right now. I just don't have alot of faith in this pole.
I agree it is to some degree a popularity contest. There were some teams mentioned that should not be in there at this time.

Keep playing well LCC....
RedsFan65 Wrote:NO! Not what I meant. IMO I see Letcher still behind Estill County at this time.
Letcher is playing well right now. I just don't have alot of faith in this pole.
I agree it is to some degree a popularity contest. There were some teams mentioned that should not be in there at this time.

Keep playing well LCC....

Sorry for kinda soundin like I bashed you
Jshort5 Wrote:Sorry for kinda soundin like I bashed you

No problem. It did sound like I was putting LCC down, not meant to read that way. Looking forward to see what they do the rest of the season.