Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson Central 4 Magoffin 3
Final,
Very dissapointed for the Lady Hornets, they put up a good fight. I thought it was a very good game with the exception of JC coach's telling the umpires what to call, MC takes the lead 3 to 1 and all the sudden the JC coach starts yelling crow hop on MC's pitcher and the umps called it several times till MC's coach had to take her out. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying she didn't do it, but it wasn't a very noticeable crow hop, neither was JCs pitcher but she did do it several times also but never once was it called on her. Now before you JC faithful jump down my throat let me say if you call a crow hop it doesn't matter if your pivot foot leaves the ground 1" or 10" it still is a crow hop, JCs pitcher did it several times also but not as noticeable. Besides that it was a very good game and good luck to JC.
Congrats Johnson
I agree with Easton, the illegal pitch calls would not have been an issue but MC jumped up to a two run lead and JC staff felt old MO swingin away from them and had to whine a little. I would expect no less from their coaches. The calls themselves would have been OK had it been called both ways.
Actually, to be correct the umpires called it an illegal pitch before JC coaches said anything, and before MC got ahead. NOT trying to make anyone mad or anything though. The reason why it was illegal is because MC's pitcher was not dragging her foot. And JC's pitcher does drag her foot, that's why hers is not illegal.
AND I'm pretty sure if JC's pitcher was throwing illegal MC's coach would have said somthing, like JC's coach. And Williams goes to KC Diamond,She Goes to Tennessee Camps every summer, and Traveling Team's Coaches Ask her to pitch for them..So IF her pitch was illegal, it would have already been correct in the past 5 years she's been a pitcher. So After saying this Good Job MC for putting up a battle against JC and the umps..and Congrats JC for coming up with a win, Good Luck in the Championship game.
I think JC's coaches said something long before it was called but like I said, I would expect no less. As for KC Diamond, MC's pitcher goes there as well so if the pitch would have been illegal I belive they would have corrected it.
It was a hard fought ball game by both teams.....JCHS struggled hitting the ball all night. Then Magoffin walked Conley.....very deliberate. Got the bases loaded, I am assuming so it would be an out on every base, but it just took one hit to score the winning run....way to go Cara!!!

CONGRATS LADY EAGLES!!!!!
In My Opinion Wrote:I agree with Easton, the illegal pitch calls would not have been an issue but MC jumped up to a two run lead and JC staff felt old MO swingin away from them and had to whine a little. I would expect no less from their coaches. The calls themselves would have been OK had it been called both ways.

JC 4- MC 3 :Sad04: Maybe you should learn the rules and the umpire did call it before any JC coach said anything. As for your whining, I would expect no less. I never seen Williams crow hop only dragging which in softball is the legal way to pitch.Big Grin
MC girls deserved that game more than any team there. after everything they put up with this year, people talking, not thinking they would do anything. well they proved everyone wrong. they completed ALL ther goals. i think these girls have nothing to kept their heads down about.

but for the game the JC coachs got mad because magoffins pitcher was starting to get back to her normal self. to top it all she was in the ER that morning, but as soon as she got back in the flow with it they started. somethings odd tho because MC pitcher goes to KC diamond as well. she has had alot of training and this is the 1st time anyone has ever corrected it. if it wasnt the district game and JC didnt think the lady hornets could win they wouldnt have done that. these girls played them 2 other times and never said a word. anyway these girls struggled and got back in it. a great hit for MULLINS scoring PRATER and HOWARD. also scoring herself to get the lead. the hit from the last batter was luck. if they would have been in their normal places the 1st basemen would have had that no doubt. even if it was a ground ball hit to her, she could have made it home. she has a great arm. these girls played awesome and will get it next year, no matter what you throw at them Smile
hornetstudent55 Wrote:MC girls deserved that game more than any team there. after everything they put up with this year, people talking, not thinking they would do anything. well they proved everyone wrong. they completed ALL ther goals. i think these girls have nothing to kept their heads down about.

but for the game the JC coachs got mad because magoffins pitcher was starting to get back to her normal self. to top it all she was in the ER that morning, but as soon as she got back in the flow with it they started. somethings odd tho because MC pitcher goes to KC diamond as well. she has had alot of training and this is the 1st time anyone has ever corrected it. if it wasnt the district game and JC didnt think the lady hornets could win they wouldnt have done that. these girls played them 2 other times and never said a word. anyway these girls struggled and got back in it. a great hit for MULLINS scoring PRATER and HOWARD. also scoring herself to get the lead. the hit from the last batter was luck. if they would have been in their normal places the 1st basemen would have had that no doubt. even if it was a ground ball hit to her, she could have made it home. she has a great arm. these girls played awesome and will get it next year, no matter what you throw at them Smile

No one said that MC girls didn't play hard or deserve the win. What about JC's girls....they haven't even had a field to call their own this season. They have battled hard all year as well. They also have a very young team. They also have 3 new coaches and they have worked real hard together trying to make the best decisions for the girls and I think that they have done a really good job. JCHS has had injuries and other things that have gotten in their way, but in the end they did play ball. You can't blame this on the coaches calling out an illegal pitch....

I'm not sure who #24 is on Magoffin's team, but she has a great glove. She caught everything that came her way!!!
hornetstudent55 Wrote:MC girls deserved that game more than any team there. after everything they put up with this year, people talking, not thinking they would do anything. well they proved everyone wrong. they completed ALL ther goals. i think these girls have nothing to kept their heads down about.

You can continue to moan and groan all you want. The final score in what counts. MC played very few games outside of their region.

What big adversities did MC have this year? Did they have their starting second baseman blow her knee? Did they have a field to practice on? How soon prior to the season were they informed of their coach? Oh cry me a river.

If the pitcher was sick (or whatever) enough to go the the ER what was she doing playing a ballgame. Get REAL!
I'm not sure who #24 is on Magoffin's team, but she has a great glove. She caught everything that came her way!!! [/quote]

Number 24's name is Lindsey Howard. Isn't that funny, last year everyone thought they had got rid of the Howards, and now we are throwing more of them at you.Smile
Hoopla Wrote:I'm not sure who #24 is on Magoffin's team, but she has a great glove. She caught everything that came her way!!!

Number 24's name is Lindsey Howard. Isn't that funny, last year everyone thought they had got rid of the Howards, and now we are throwing more of them at you.Smile[/quote]

Throwing more what at them?? Howard's?? I was giving a compliment, not bashing anyone.....I don't get it? What are you talking about? :confused:
Congrats to both teams. Can't wait to see these girls meet again next year!
hornetstudent55;554035[B Wrote:]MC girls deserved that game more than any team there.[/B] after everything they put up with this year, people talking, not thinking they would do anything. well they proved everyone wrong. they completed ALL ther goals. i think these girls have nothing to kept their heads down about.

Why? Please explain why they deserved it more than any other team? What did JC do that was so wrong? The umpire is the one who made the call! Quit making excuses and just admit you got beat by the better team!:baby: :Sad04:
Good grief Magoffin fans instead of always playing this poor Magoffin card year in and year out in every sport why don't you just admit you got beat by a better team for once. It's always the officials fault for Magoffin loosing at anything to here some of you talk on here.

Face it they got beat AGAIN by a better team. I believe we've all heard the ole ER excuse on here as well but it was usually in the girls basketball topics.
Throwing more what at them?? Howard's?? I was giving a compliment, not bashing anyone.....I don't get it? What are you talking about? :confused: [/quote]

I didn't say that you where bashing anyone. I was just trying an attempt at a little humor. I guess I was the only one that found it funny that she is also a Howard, after everyone said last year that they were glad the Howards had finally graduated. Sorry for making you think otherwise. Lindsey is a very aggresive player that puts forth 110% into everything she does. Thanks for the compliment on her behalf.Big Grin
In My Opinion Wrote:I agree with Easton, the illegal pitch calls would not have been an issue but MC jumped up to a two run lead and JC staff felt old MO swingin away from them and had to whine a little. I would expect no less from their coaches. The calls themselves would have been OK had it been called both ways.

Part of a Coach's job is to have the knowledge to point out an illegal pitch that could contribute to their team receiving a fair game, so JC's Coaches did exactly what they were supposed to do.
Off topic.