Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard High School 08-09
Hazard is coming off their best season in recent memory. They have solid core of talent returning. With stars in Whitaker and Campbell, not to mention they are off a runner up state AAU season. Just how good is this Bulldog team going to be?
Hazard should compete for the 14th Regional Championship. Knott Central and Perry Central will also be strong. I know that Knott beat Hazard a couple of times at the Sportsplex in Hindman at the beginning of June.
Good enough for this....
[Image: http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y296/fangsjs/003-5.jpg]
GOOOOO BULLDOGS!!!!!!
The Bulldogs are going to be very good, but it wouldn't surprise me if Knott Central or Perry Central knocked the Dawgs off in region. Hazard is more than likely the favorite to win the 14th by most but the Patriots of Knott Central have made an addition at point guard that can play with Whitaker of Hazard, Campbell may be the only player Knott Central would have trouble guarding.

This upcoming season should be a barnburner for the 14th region championship.
Go Dawgs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
They should be very good. I watched them play last year at Rupp and thats where they should be again this season.
If our players remain healthy and continue to improve as they have done this summer, I think we have an outstanding chance to be a repeat as 14th region representative to Rupp!
Looks like the new rivalry for this year will be Hazard and KCC.
Haz will be the favorite but seem to me to have some attitude problems on the team. Might come back and hurt later in the season.
HHS 2008-09 State Champs!
They won't be any better than they were last year, unless they got some new talent over the summer. I'm not saying they are not a good team, just that I don't see how they wil be better than last year if they have the same returning team.
Practice and the experience of playing in the state tournament will only help. Also, one more year of having one of the best coaches in the state learn his system.

Adding players like at KCC does not ensure more success.
sassy Wrote:They won't be any better than they were last year, unless they got some new talent over the summer. I'm not saying they are not a good team, just that I don't see how they wil be better than last year if they have the same returning team.
I dont understand that one but whatever.
UKisN1 Wrote:Practice and the experience of playing in the state tournament will only help. Also, one more year of having one of the best coaches in the state learn his system.

Adding players like at KCC does not ensure more success.

Didn't Hazard add two players last year and have success because of it?
Yeah would have been PCC going to Rupp if not for that.
Benchwarmer Wrote:Didn't Hazard add two players last year and have success because of it?
Yes in this case. But still doesn't ensure that the pieces will fit and success will follow.
Eric Back will finally get to play starting in January 09.
I watched Hazard over the summer. How will Back figure into the starting line-up? When I watched the Dawgs, they were missing a player or two. What about Lewis? Will he be wearing blue and gold next year?
TheMasterpiece Wrote:Haz will be the favorite but seem to me to have some attitude problems on the team. Might come back and hurt later in the season.

What attitude problems? We will have basically the same team this year that we had last year and I didn't see any attitude problems then.
UKisN1 Wrote:Yes in this case. But still doesn't ensure that the pieces will fit and success will follow.
ummm ok Rolleyes
Hazard did lose 2 players from last years team. If that one boy that played at PCC a few games is still at Hazard they will be as good as they want to be, both G play like i saw them in the first hazard pcc game last year, hazard will be unstoppable......
PCC and Hazard will be a DOG FIGHT!!... I'm a PCC fan but it will be a hard battle.
Hazard will have the most talent in the 14th. I look for them to be a top 10 team in the state.
I've heard Micheal Campbell will not be playing... I don't believe this but I just wanted to know if anyone else has heard?
They might be a better team without him in someways.
Hazard will be in the top 2 or 3 teams in the 14th this year, but I like PCC this year. JMO & it may change as the season goes on.
Best in region til someone else proves otherwise.
RavenBoy Wrote:HHS 2008-09 State Champs!

I can see them winning their region. With work this could happen
Eric Back will dominate the 14th Region when he makes his return in Janurary. The kid is a monster.
Hazard had a straight shot to the finals last year but they were flat out robbed in the quarter final round v.s. Shelby County. They had to learn a lot from that experience and with a great core of the team coming back, IMO they will be at Rupp again.