• 1(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Updates on Junior league baseball tournaments
How are your area Junior League tournaments going. I'm trying to find out who will be in london starting July 19 for the State Championships.
Our little league president said the Junior League tourney doesn't start until July 26th.
District 7 Jr. League tournament starts tonight. Games will be played all week at Prestonsburg.

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]
phs1986...please keep us informed on the results from the tourney. It should be a real good week of baseball.
pvilletigerfan Wrote:phs1986...please keep us informed on the results from the tourney. It should be a real good week of baseball.

Will do!!

The Junior League State Tournament is July 19-24 at South Laurel High School.
phs1986 Wrote:District 7 Jr. League tournament starts tonight. Games will be played all week at Prestonsburg.

I mean the Jr League State tourney. Our league said the state tourney doesn't start until the 25th of July. Whats the real date?
baseballrulz Wrote:I mean the Jr League State tourney. Our league said the state tourney doesn't start until the 25th of July. Whats the real date?

Yeah, District 7 was informed that the state tournament was starting Friday July 25th- Wed July 30th. So whats what?
We are in District 1 and were told that the Junior League State tournament starts Starts July 19 and runs through July 24. I hope those are the correct dates because I have requested those dates off from work. If someone knows for sure let me know soon so I can change those dates. I'm the General Manager and have to go through the corporate office to get time off and it isn't easy to get off at all. I'm pretty sure the regionals start August 1st. in Ft. Wayne Indiana and the World Series starts August 10 in Taylor Michigan. If it starts on July 25th that would not allow much time to get ready for regionals. Can someone check it out and let us know.
adopted purple Wrote:We are in District 1 and were told that the Junior League State tournament starts Starts July 19 and runs through July 24. I hope those are the correct dates because I have requested those dates off from work. If someone knows for sure let me know soon so I can change those dates. I'm the General Manager and have to go through the corporate office to get time off and it isn't easy to get off at all. I'm pretty sure the regionals start August 1st. in Ft. Wayne Indiana and the World Series starts August 10 in Taylor Michigan. If it starts on July 25th that would not allow much time to get ready for regionals. Can someone check it out and let us know.

Here are the tournament dates. THIS was obtained from littleleague.org

http://www.littleleague.org/tournaments/...LB2008.pdf

So it starts July 26th?:confused:
Any results from the Monday games at Stone Crest?
Any news about todays games?
Nothing played yet today. Phelps plays Knott Co. at 6:00 and Belfry plays Virgie at 8:00. I will post something when I get home tonight...

Who won the Whitesburg/HAP game last night?
PiratePride Wrote:Any news about todays games?

Actually I think that was a "will they be played due to weather" question Wink
HAP won 19-2
Prestonsburg won 16-2
The above were Monday's game scores...

On tonights games: (7-8-08)

Knott Co. defeated Phelps by a score of 2-1 in a GREAT game!!!!

Belfry defeated Virgie 22-0

BlackcatFootball Wrote:HAP won 19-2

I was very impressed with HAP, although they seemed much bigger than Whitesburg.
ALL games have been moved back a day due to the rain yesterday. IF anyone needs it I will post the updated schedule...

I am not very aware who how the ALL STar baseball thing goes. So my question is who is HAP and how do you get into the world series?
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I am not very aware who how the ALL STar baseball thing goes. So my question is who is HAP and how do you get into the world series?

HAP stands for Harold-Allen-Prater, towns in Floyd County.

At Prestonsburg this evening on StoneCrest, Whitesburg vs. Paintsville (6 p.m.), Prestonsburg vs. HAP (8 p.m.).
[quote=15thRegionSlamaBamma]I am not very aware who how the ALL STar baseball thing goes. So my question is who is HAP and how do you get into the world series?[/quote]

You have to advance out of regular pool play to the finals and then finally on to state and advance from state... etc....

Its a rather lengthy process if ya want the truth!! LOL.... BUT very very much worth it!!!!Big Grin

Our district president talked to the state director yesterday and was told the Junior League state tournament would definately start on July 19 at South Laurel. The link Ms. PHS sent me was the guidelines for the tournament. Those are the dates the tournaments must be finished. You can finish eariler but not later. So we hope to see some of you in London the weekend of the 19th. This is district ones first appearance in the Junior League State Tourney. We are bringing a very good team and looking forward to playing some of those great Eastern Kentucky teams.
Pburg beat HAP last night 11-1. They looked good, and Betsy Layne couldn't hit a thing off their pitcher. A couple here and there, but couldn't string together anything. I look for Pburg to take the 1 seed in that pool, with HAP and Paintsville being a good matchup on Saturday for the 2nd spot in that pool. Then Belfry and Knott County getting the 1 and 2 spots in the other pool.
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Pburg beat HAP last night 11-1. They looked good, and Betsy Layne couldn't hit a thing off their pitcher. A couple here and there, but couldn't string together anything. I look for Pburg to take the 1 seed in that pool, with HAP and Paintsville being a good matchup on Saturday for the 2nd spot in that pool. Then Belfry and Knott County getting the 1 and 2 spots in the other pool.

Yeah, Prestonsburg played really good last night. Adam Crisp pitched for Prestonsburg, HAP couldn't buy a hit off of Crisp or make any plays on defense, seemed like they had around 5+ errors.
Yeah that'll do it to you! I'd like to see Pburg beat Paintsville, then HAP beat Pville to take the #2 spot. But that's just me!
100%SUCCESS Wrote:Yeah that'll do it to you! I'd like to see Pburg beat Paintsville, then HAP beat Pville to take the #2 spot. But that's just me!

Most likly not gonna happen.
It will be A Paintsville vs Belfry showdown in the finals.
I didn't say what was likely to happen! I simply stated what I would like to see happen! Didn't measure any percentages or odds, just a comment
  • 1(current)
  • Next