Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Russell Getting Turf?
You Can Donate To The Cause For Russell To Get Turf. Yes Youherd Me Right,,,,,,if You Are A Russell Grad,,or Wish To See A New Turf Field, You Can Donate To The Cause And Make It Happen. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pm Me And Find Out.
Romans 14:11
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
i would love to see it
I like grass and thought the new Bermuda held up nicely. If we need to raise money for anything I think it should be for a new fieldhouse and restroom facilities. The rest of the stadium is as nice as any other high school stadium around. Upgrade the field house and the restrooms and I don't think you could find a better place for a football game.
DevilsWin Wrote:Decent sized Visitor Bleachers!

Real natural turf!

More than 1 Bathroom at the stadium!

Good Hotdogs!

..poor DevilsWin...only one day after making his arguement.. Big Grin
EKUAlum05 Wrote:..poor DevilsWin...only one day after making his arguement.. Big Grin
Please don't lump him in with the rest of us.:o
everyone should have turf, but to work on this field, it was a pleasure. Anytime late in the year, you will have mud eventually. This could be an advantage to all these turf team who come to your house and play. Seems like you always go to Belfry and play........
FBALL Wrote:Please don't lump him in with the rest of us.:o
We'll that's not very nice Fball.

BTW putting that crap on Russells field before taking care of the fieldhouse and homeside concessions is ridiculous.

Russell needs a modern Field House and a larger concession stand on the home side. USe the old Concession stand for T shirts and get rid of the EZ Up. Put the new Concession stand in the corner by the Ambulances.

Maybe I'll start a "Stop The Turf" campaign to counter these efforts.Smile
DevilsWin Wrote:We'll that's not very nice Fball.

BTW putting that crap on Russells field before taking care of the fieldhouse and homeside concessions is ridiculous.

Russell needs a modern Field House and a larger concession stand on the home side. USe the old Concession stand for T shirts and get rid of the EZ Up. Put the new Concession stand in the corner by the Ambulances.

Maybe I'll start a "Stop The Turf" campaign to counter these efforts.Smile

Like I said. You are such an antagonist.:p

Totally agree about the fieldhouse, restrooms and concessions though. I like the Bermuda turf even though it turns brown as soon as the first frost. We got rid of the the crown and brown grass is much bette than brown mud.
FBALL Wrote:I like grass and thought the new Bermuda held up nicely. If we need to raise money for anything I think it should be for a new fieldhouse and restroom facilities. The rest of the stadium is as nice as any other high school stadium around. Upgrade the field house and the restrooms and I don't think you could find a better place for a football game.

I completely agree.
I think they could dig out the end near the scoreboard and make a two tier facility fairly cheap. Instead of the steps just walk right in. Kinda like the Shewey building at Marshall. (much smaller of course.) The field house we have now is way too small. I think this would give an incentive for more players to work out and be proud of what they have.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
DEVILOLOGIST Wrote:You Can Donate To The Cause For Russell To Get Turf. Yes Youherd Me Right,,,,,,if You Are A Russell Grad,,or Wish To See A New Turf Field, You Can Donate To The Cause And Make It Happen. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pm Me And Find Out.

your not geting alot of help here i think it would be great,make enough money to do it all like johnson central,there field is very nice as well...hope you guys get it..
jgrubby Wrote:I think they could dig out the end near the scoreboard and make a two tier facility fairly cheap. Instead of the steps just walk right in. Kinda like the Shewey building at Marshall. (much smaller of course.) The field house we have now is way too small. I think this would give an incentive for more players to work out and be proud of what they have.
Personally I wouldn't want anything that had any resemblance of anything at Marshall.

But I know what you're saying. LOL

Just leave Marshall out of the discussion. LOL
DevilsWin Wrote:Personally I wouldn't want anything that had any resemblance of anything at Marshall.

But I know what you're saying. LOL

Just leave Marshall out of the discussion. LOL
LOL, better than Morehead though.
I did the electrical on the re-model this summer and I really like the lay out. Added about 3000 square feet to the complex downstairs. Each football postion has thier own training room. They have a auditorium to seat the whole team to watch plays and films of opponents. Pretty cool to see stuff like that.
RUSSELL RED DEVILS
jgrubby Wrote:LOL, better than Morehead though.
I did the electrical on the re-model this summer and I really like the lay out. Added about 3000 square feet to the complex downstairs. Each football postion has thier own training room. They have a auditorium to seat the whole team to watch plays and films of opponents. Pretty cool to see stuff like that.
At least Morehead is in Ky.Cool
I agree with what has been said about the other needs........
Here is the reason the field has to be first:
1. Put the field in and it frees up more space to build nicer facilities.
2. No need for a practice field gives you MORE options to build nicer facilties, you are now - NOT limited to the small strip between the baseball field and the stairs.
3. If the field is built first with donated money.......
4. The school can help put in the FIELD house becasue it can be shared by all athletes from all sports. This will allow school money to be used becasue the INDOOR facility and WEIGHT ROOM and training facility can be used by ALL STUDENTS...
5. Which comes back around to the FOOTBALL field. IF the school does not put money in to the field, they have more money to put into ..........wait for it...........

6. NEW GATE,,,,,,,NEW bathrooms................concession stand and FIELD HOUSE !!!!

I know what is needed more,,, we talk about it all the time..........bathrooms,, facilities and better facilities !!!!!!!!!!

But if the field goes in first,,,it opens the land around the field for development.

If you have turf you dont need another football field to practice on, which allows for more roooooom to expand on the facilites.....

As of right now- you are limited to where you can build. Level the current field house, and you have all the land to work with now you are not limited.........
It is written: " 'As surely as I live,' says the Lord, 'every knee will bow before me; every tongue will confess to God.' "
Why not have the school go ahead and begin on the new field house? With donated money along with school funds they could build a very very very nice complex. I think between the softball field and the football field closest to the parking lot there is a huge area there that can hold a very large multi-story complex. Locker rooms and such on bottom, a modern weight room on the second floor. Coaches offices and film room on 3rd floor.

The redone field is fine, and bermuda is 100000 times better than any carpet. I have played on both and Ill take a nice bermuda field over anything else. All SEC schools still play on grass. So obviously its not that bad, and they have the same weather we do. We just need to take care of our field in the offseason. Still too much of a hump but it is much better and should be ok. WIth a full growing season this year it should be very nice for next season, as long as the school takes care of it.
no but i heard lawrence county is geting turf. and new blechers
If you are getting it you need to be in contact with the company that put down Sheldon Clarks turf because it has turned out to be the best turf that i have saw yet and the only other school in Kentucky to have it is UofL.
I still like the Bermuda. Turf is not needed. There is plenty of room now to put a new field house, concesions and restrooms.

Level the current field house and use the room behind the scoreboard between the baseball and football field. You could put a large multi use indoor facility with coaches offices and direct access to the football and baseball fields. There would be no need to take up any room that is not currently being used.
get the turf, get the turf,lol
The Russell complex needs several changes to it. I think everyone can agree on that. The cost of the turf would have been possible this year. But did you consider the cost of moving the visitor blechers to the other side of the track. Thats why they went ahead and just got the new bermuda. If anything the fieldhouse and consessions would be my number one priority. Grass can regrow, but buildings just get older and older.
I would say that when the new fieldhouse is built it should be made right. Might cost a bit more but you could even have an indoor batting cage for softball and baseball so teams wont have the expense of going to KC Diamonds. Film room would be awesome also.
:confused: Grass That Is What Is The Best Turf Is Not Good
GRIFFIN Wrote::confused: Grass That Is What Is The Best Turf Is Not Good
It is a brand new Bermuda grass field and is very nice. Upgrades to the fieldhouse are the priority.
FBALL Wrote:I like grass and thought the new Bermuda held up nicely. If we need to raise money for anything I think it should be for a new fieldhouse and restroom facilities. The rest of the stadium is as nice as any other high school stadium around. Upgrade the field house and the restrooms and I don't think you could find a better place for a football game.

Totally agree FBALL.
What about injuries on grass opposed to turf. I know you can get turf toe...can one get grass toe? haha
that would be awesome to see there.
Is anyone looking into this or is this just wishful thinking? I think it would save alot of money in the long run, just loved those muddy games though.
KYstraydog Wrote:Is anyone looking into this or is this just wishful thinking? I think it would save alot of money in the long run, just loved those muddy games though.

Right now I would say its more wishful thinking than anything.

With a brand new natural grass surface that looks very good. The fieldhouse will likely be the next project.
Maybe wishful thinking by some but this info came from a Reliable football source. The process is in the works and contacts have been made. The system is being put into place for donations and out of state powers are also at work..........This is beyond a little wishful thinking..........If you would like to help out contact me by PM.

I also hear that blue prints are already being designed for the field house proposal.