3. Phelps
4. Pike Central
5. Shelby Valley
6. Sheldon Clark
7. Magoffin
8. Pikeville
9.East Ridge
10.Betsy Layne

one through 4 could be switched up any team could go any where thats how close itis this year. I also think 1-7 could virtually be switched up to go either way. This region is very confusing this season thus far.
1 jc
2 phelps
3 paintsville
4 SV
5 Sheldon Sclark
6 PCC

IMO these are the only teams with a chance this year
I think JC and SV are the teams to beat right now, but watch out for SC, if they get hot at the right time they could very well win it!
bigsis22 Wrote:I think JC and SV are the teams to beat right now, but watch out for SC, if they get hot at the right time they could very well win it!

I think thats a very interesting theory when you look at whos beat who with in the past week or so. Hints- Paintsville beat Pike Central who then beat Johnson. Then Phelps beats Shelby Valley @ Valley.
I don't know about right now, but I have to agree with bigsis22, I think that come tournament time it will be Shelby Valley or Johnson Central. I think that when these two teams get all their players healthy and/or in the rotation that they'll be ever so slightly ahead of the other teams. That's just my opinion and we all know what opinions are like. Rolleyes I can tell you this and it kills me to say it, but Belfry will not be in the mix. :confused:
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I think thats a very interesting theory when you look at whos beat who with in the past week or so. Hints- Paintsville beat Pike Central who then beat Johnson. Then Phelps beats Shelby Valley @ Valley.

I know that a lot has happened in the last two weeks, but it's hard to compare games and scores due to how teams match up with one another. It does make for a very interesting 15th region this year if you love basketball. :Clap:
ImagineThat! Wrote:I know that a lot has happened in the last two weeks, but it's hard to compare games and scores due to how teams match up with one another. It does make for a very interesting 15th region this year if you love basketball. :Clap:

I just really wouldn't count out Phelps nor Pike Central or Paintsville. I dont see 2 teams being the two to key on like we have been the past years. But your right opinons are well let your mind finish that.

You are right though im sorry but Belfry will not be in the mix at all lol
i knew PC would struggle at the beginning, but i also knew if PC played well in the tourney that they won at JC that is was going to be OK, so as far as i am concerned PC is the best team in the 15th right now i challenge anyone to play Paintsville,Johnson Central, Magoffin CO, AND Lewis CO 4 days in a row see how you do PC went 3-1 and would have beat Pville with a break or two.
rallo316 Wrote:i knew PC would struggle at the beginning, but i also knew if PC played well in the tourney that they won at JC that is was going to be OK, so as far as i am concerned PC is the best team in the 15th right now i challenge anyone to play Paintsville,Johnson Central, Magoffin CO, AND Lewis CO 4 days in a row see how you do PC went 3-1 and would have beat Pville with a break or two.

I wouldn't go that far, but they definitely gained some confidence this week. There's nothing wrong with being proud of that, but had Fleming won today, JC would have gotten first. They were the only 3 teams eligible for trophies because Magoffin and Paintsville refused to play each other. It's confusing. But anyway, congratulations to PC on their play and wins this week. I do, however, think that if JC had given half the effort during their game with PC that they've given the past two games, PC wouldn't have won. But that's only an if. No way to prove it.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I just really wouldn't count out Phelps nor Pike Central or Paintsville. I dont see 2 teams being the two to key on like we have been the past years. But your right opinons are well let your mind finish that.

By no means am I counting them out. I just have a feeling that SV and JC will pull it together at the right time. Right now, without seeing all the teams play and going on scores, I would say that Paintsville is #1 and for #2 - #7 you could put Phelps, SV, JC, Magoffin, Sheldon Clark and PCC in a hat and pick 'em out. It is still early though. I might even throw Betsy Layne in there toward the end of the season. Betsy Layne did come on strong at the end of last year, but I do not know what they have back.
ImagineThat! Wrote:By no means am I counting them out. I just have a feeling that SV and JC will pull it together at the right time. Right now, without seeing all the teams play and going on scores, I would say that Paintsville is #1 and for #2 - #7 you could put Phelps, SV, JC, Magoffin, Sheldon Clark and PCC in a hat and pick 'em out. It is still early though. I might even throw Betsy Layne in there toward the end of the season. Betsy Layne did come on strong at the end of last year, but I do not know what they have back.

Even though JC beat Paintsville today you'll still put them at #1? JC let down maybe 2 games after having a player go out, but they seem to be pulling it back together.
BballFan63 Wrote:Even though JC beat Paintsville today you'll still put them at #1? JC let down maybe 2 games after having a player go out, but they seem to be pulling it back together.

Sorry, I haven't had time to check scores and get up to date with everything.
ImagineThat! Wrote:Sorry, I haven't had time to check scores and get up to date with everything.

Not a problem; it is a busy time of the year after all.
i love how only two of the replys have a top 10.
Smile
I think we can all agree on this come March it is going to be very very exciting. Lets just all hope and pray all the teams are still healthy come that time. Could see some great coaching mathups flair up during that time. I would like to meet many of you sometime throughout the season if you all want?
donathanhurley Wrote:i love how only two of the replys have a top 10.
Smile

lol thats normally how it work lol...I think its more the case that everyone is so confused with how this region is going to turn out this season. Its just a mess
donathanhurley Wrote:i love how only two of the replys have a top 10.
Smile

My feminine side is coming out....I can't make up my mindSmile

I'm still working on it. This is tough at this time of the year.
yeah that's very true. this year is gonna be the most exciting yet!
johnson central at full strength is the best team in the 15th by far.........although they slipped up against pcc come tourny time they should dominate..........celena conley is still recovering from knee surgery......also emily wireman may be out for some time..........butt what counts is the tourny. and coe tourny time jc will be healthy and will win region easily
1. Johnson Central
2. Phelps
3. Paintsville
4. Betsy Layne
5. Pike Central

I think the region is wide open. Johnson Central lost the other night, but were not at full strength, Phelps has alot of talent and will be scary come February, Paintsville is always solid and well coached, Pike Central is lead by the Slone and Harris girl, and Betsy Layne is finally at full strenth getting Hamilton back and played well in the Lexington Catholic Holiday tournament. This region really is unpredictable because it changes every week, we will find out the best by February, but I wish all the teams good luck this season. It makes great basketball when there is no clear cut favorites.
I would not leave Betsy Layne out of the mix...they have back Martin, Hamilton, and Hott with the addition of T.J. Tackett. They just got all their players back from injury and will be a very strong team at tournament time.
well IMO i think that yes Pike Central was slow comin out of the gate but they are comin together and with AD Slone leading them they are sure to come out on top!! all the girls on that team are very taleted and I think they have alot to be proud of I sure am Proud of the lady Hawks....and if I were you I wouldnt take them lightly...
This is at this time, but things could and probably will change weekly:

1. Johnson Central - disregard the couple hiccups, they'll be tough once everyone is healthy
2. Paintsville - they always seem to find a way to be in the mix tournament time
3. Phelps - very talented, senior-laden team...However, IMO, I think this team may implode as the season progresses
4. Shelby Valley - Watch for them to move up quickly. I predict they make a lot of noise in the tournament and very possibly win it.
5. Pike Central - a talented team that has a lot of tournament experience, still have to prove they can do it night-in and night-out
6. Sheldon Clark - young team that can cause a lot of trouble on any given night...they've proven that already
7. Betsy Layne - pulled it together toward the end of last year and could very well do it again...look for them to move up
8. Magoffin County - I'm not sure what they have...from what I remember they are relatively young, but they have been playing well
9. Pikeville - Don't know much about them right now
10. East Ridge - see above...these two could flip

IMO, any of the top 8 could beat each other on any give day.
PHS#1 Wrote:1 jc
2 phelps
3 paintsville
4 SV
5 Sheldon Sclark
6 PCC

IMO these are the only teams with a chance this year

this looks good to mean but i think I would move PCC to 5 and SC to 6
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I just really wouldn't count out Phelps nor Pike Central or Paintsville. I dont see 2 teams being the two to key on like we have been the past years. But your right opinons are well let your mind finish that.

You are right though im sorry but Belfry will not be in the mix at all lol

And this is sad that Belfry team is in such a mess they need to do something over there or they will not have a team in a few years they need a new coach in my opinon
big_shot_08 Wrote:And this is sad that Belfry team is in such a mess they need to do something over there or they will not have a team in a few years they need a new coach in my opinon

I am not sure if its all the coach or if it is a combination I dont really have the inside scoop. However, in Stiltners first year she was very succesful but since then it has simply been all down hill. I really hope they get it back together over that way because the Pike Central Belfry rivalry was a great one while I was in school since then it seems to have deplited. I really wish Mark had never stepped down, I said once he did that it would be the demise of the program and thus far it has been.
IMO, Stiltner's first year was successful because Keith May was on the bench. She has destroyed in two years what it took Paul Dotson, Cindy Stewart and Mark Gannon 30 years to build. What would have probably been the starting five this year and could have very well made a run at the 15th region championship aren't even on Belfry's team. Pruitt and Whitt are at Phelps; Thacker and Staten didn't even come out; McCoy is no longer playing. This is sad.
ImagineThat! Wrote:IMO, Stiltner's first year was successful because Keith May was on the bench. She has destroyed in two years what it took Paul Dotson, Cindy Stewart and Mark Gannon 30 years to build. What would have probably been the starting five this year and could have very well made a run at the 15th region championship aren't even on Belfry's team. Pruitt and Whitt are at Phelps; Thacker and Staten didn't even come out; McCoy is no longer playing. This is sad.

Very Very sad hopefully things will change next year if not I see Belfry going farther down. They will be lucky to win 5 games this year.
sheldon clark is better than pike central !!!