Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hopkins Co. Central 51 - Knott Co. Central 49
Final.
they have played unreal teams over what 13 games this past week and a half,and everyone team could play,thats to much for these boys,i mean look at stuart,he's hurt he shouldnt be out there,so this dont mean much
underdawg1 Wrote:they have played unreal teams over what 13 games this past week and a half,and everyone team could play,thats to much for these boys,i mean look at stuart,he's hurt he shouldnt be out there,so this dont mean much

Knott Central is not the only team that has played a tough schedule and been hampered by injuries. If these losses do not mean much than the wins over Hazard, Valley, and LCC must not either considering the circumstances surrounding those games. Excuses never make a team better. Knott Central has talent, but you have to know how to use that talent in order to succeed. IMO, they are the fourth best team in the 14th behind behind Hazard, PCC, and LCC.
WOW...I did not expect for them to lose this one...Lexington has not been kind to them over the past few days...I think they need to just go home and regroup and they will be fine...
Conrgats both teams.
I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money. I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok -Shaquille O'Neal
Daniel Croft, a 6-foot-9 junior, hit a pair of free throws in the closing seconds to clinch Hopkins Central’s 51-49 victory over Knott Central. Croft finished with 11 points, 9 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. Chuck Jones, a 6-9 senior, added 7 points and 9 rebounds for the Storm. Knott Central was led by Tate Cox’s 21 points (including a three-pointer at the buzzer), 9 rebounds and 2 assists. Stuart Stamper, nursing a bad ankle, did not play for the Patriots
Congrats Hopkins Co.
Keep your heads up Pats!
Wish I could have been there!
Tough loss for the Patriots against a team out of a basketball tradition rich area.

Congrats HCC!
Hang in there KCC! Get some rest and heal the hurt! Things will get better. Tough week, I bet this doesn't happen again this year.
Congrats Hopkins
roundball_legend Wrote:Knott Central is not the only team that has played a tough schedule and been hampered by injuries. If these losses do not mean much than the wins over Hazard, Valley, and LCC must not either considering the circumstances surrounding those games. Excuses never make a team better. Knott Central has talent, but you have to know how to use that talent in order to succeed. IMO, they are the fourth best team in the 14th behind behind Hazard, PCC, and LCC.

Please tell me your being sarcastic about them being the fourth best team in the 14th.
roundball_legend Wrote:Knott Central is not the only team that has played a tough schedule and been hampered by injuries. If these losses do not mean much than the wins over Hazard, Valley, and LCC must not either considering the circumstances surrounding those games. Excuses never make a team better. Knott Central has talent, but you have to know how to use that talent in order to succeed. IMO, they are the fourth best team in the 14th behind behind Hazard, PCC, and LCC.

I will have to disagree with this. No one else in the 14th region has played as tough of competition that the Patriots have played these past few days. They also came away with a win at Hazard so i don't see how you can throw them behind these three teams.
outdoorsman43 Wrote:I will have to disagree with this. No one else in the 14th region has played as tough of competition that the Patriots have played these past few days. They also came away with a win at Hazard so i don't see how you can throw them behind these three teams.

This is exactly true! The pats have had a extremely tough schedule, tougher than any I've seen so far. Plus, it is hard for any team to come out of Hazard with a win.
heard on the radio that Coach Amburgey got thrown out, did anyone see how he got his technicals?
I do think KCC is a better team than this tournament showing, but I have to disagree that their schedule at this tournament was tougher than anyone else in the 14th. Perry Central has played every team KCC played in this tournament.

LCA - Perry Central beat them by 20 or more before this tournament
Hopkins - Perry Central beat them by 11.
Boone - Perry Central took them to OT and had a chance to win.

I don't see how you can say KCC had a tougher schedule when PCC had results like this with the same teams.
seems like tate is the only one that stepped up in this tourny. big players stand out in big games. congrats tate. keep your head up kcc, go home, get some rest, and heal up.
bluegrass15 Wrote:seems like tate is the only one that stepped up in this tourny. big players stand out in big games. congrats tate. keep your head up kcc, go home, get some rest, and heal up.

tate had to step up because stuart is hurt, and i've been told that everyone else couldnt get close to a player or they would call a foul.
Overrated Wrote:Please tell me your being sarcastic about them being the fourth best team in the 14th.

Sarcastic I am not. Don't get me wrong, Knott Central has a good team. Tate Cox is one of the best in the mountains and Stamper shows signs of a great player himself. They did beat both Hazard and LCC, BUT , it was obvious that neither were operating at full potential. Knott played as good as I've seen them play in pulling out a win at Memorial Gym, and it took an unreal performance by Cox in the second half. I am not biased toward any school and would cheer hard for the Patriots if they make it to Rupp; I wish them well.

However, Hazard will be hard to handle come late Feburary, especially when Eric Back enters the rotation and gives them much needed help with handling and distributing the ball. Whitaker is an exceptional player and Back will only make him and others better.
Perry Central has also been impressive this first half of the season. They play defense as good as anyone across the state. Chris Noble is capable of hitting big shots and their bigs down low score and control the glass.
I've not seen LCC play much, but from what I hear they are playing well. I'm very interested in seeing the next LCC/Knott matchup.

I do believe if you took Coach Holland or Coach Hatcher and put them on Knott Central's bench, then they would be the most feared team in the region.
bluegrass15 Wrote:seems like tate is the only one that stepped up in this tourny. big players stand out in big games. congrats tate. keep your head up kcc, go home, get some rest, and heal up.

Amburgey and Ratliff also stepped up both had 8-10pts each and as many rebounds and they both fouled out of the game.
Not a really bad loss
They'll come around by tourney time.
primetime1323 Wrote:heard on the radio that Coach Amburgey got thrown out, did anyone see how he got his technicals?

I was told that someone punched tate in the nose, and they called the foul on tate, and justin was giving the ref heck... also i heard that after mikey slone was punched by the same guy and a foul called on mikey as well, his dad went after the ref and a different one stopped him and told him no, but he went out to his truck to cool down. also i was told all of this went on in the first quarter..