Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ashland Blazer 88 - Rose Hill Christian 38
Final.
Congrats AB!
Connor 19 points 7 rebs. Kittens had 5 in double figures. Play Boyd County in the championship game Thursday.
Nice win Ashland
Luther Rackley Wrote:Connor 19 points 7 rebs. Kittens had 5 in double figures. Play Boyd County in the championship game Thursday.

Great game by Connors and Hanners. We will add another banner come Thursday night! :Cheerlead
Congrats to Ashland. They are a very good team. Rose Hill is very young even younger than last year (Probably the youngest team in the state) outside of 2 juniors the rest are 6th, 7th and 8th grade ages, not making any excuses by no means. Out of 39 tournovers, 28 were unforced. Good luck to Ashland in the Regionals. Age and experience wins out every time. Even though Rose Hill's record doesnt indicate it, Coach Watkins did a great job of bringing these middle schoolers along this past year.
congrats Ashland!
Good luck to Ashland in the championship game with Boyd. Seen over on bluegrass preps where Boyd had some players not play in the second half just wondering if they are ok. Hope both teams are at full strength this will be a great game.
Congrats Ashland
Good job girls! Lets win another district title. Now for you Rose Hill girls keep working hard. I asked their book keeper what grades were the younger girls that seemed to play play a lot even in district game. She said that (2) were 7th graders. This is not a knock to Rose Hill so don't come after me. I just thought that those younger kids played hard for their coach. Well anyway go Kittens.
congrats ashland!
kybasketballfan Wrote:Good luck to Ashland in the championship game with Boyd. Seen over on bluegrass preps where Boyd had some players not play in the second half just wondering if they are ok. Hope both teams are at full strength this will be a great game.

Kittens by 12 points. Boyd has no answer for the twin towers.
Like I stated in an earlier post...just look on the wall and after Thursday it will be another banner up there. What has happened to Rose Hill's program? Back to Back regional winners to Back to Back one and out. Just wondering.
Congrats Blazer
razor Wrote:Like I stated in an earlier post...just look on the wall and after Thursday it will be another banner up there. What has happened to Rose Hill's program? Back to Back regional winners to Back to Back one and out. Just wondering.

After Ashland graduates six seniors this year, people might be asking the same question about the mighty Kittens...meow meow. :flush:
Pittsburgh Fish Wrote:After Ashland graduates six seniors this year, people might be asking the same question about the mighty Kittens...meow meow. :flush:

The Kittens lose 5 seniors of which 3 are starters. It will be difficult for to repalce the scoring of Strait and Wilcox. Ashland rosters 7 juniors. I think we will see a few more years of maroon dominaton in the 64th district. Kittens by 20 on Thurs. night.
I am a strong advocate of Coach Bradley and a loyal Kitten at heart. Over the last 7 games of regular season and this past week of Districts I have recieved emails and phone calls from parents about the possibility of the best 8th grader and best 9th grader leaving the Fabled Ashland Kitten program. I hope this isnt the case because these two young ladies have been in the Ashland school system since Kindergarten but their parents are very upset. I really dont understand why? Kids must be patient and wait their turn in line even if they are better than the upperclassmen.
There are kids in this area that play on the 6th grade team, and the 7th grade team, and the 8th grade team, and the freshman team, and the JV team and the varsity team, while upperclass kids sit the bench. A parent should think long and hard before leaving the Ashland program for "greener pastures".
I think the girls at Ashland will go no where. All of these girls seem to play. I believe that most of the girls at Ashland are true Ashland kittens and they are smart enough to know that they are going to be a special group of girls when it is their time. I believe Bill will have these girls working hard together this summer and it will show next season. These girls are hard workers and they love the game.
The Maroon Pelican Wrote:I am a strong advocate of Coach Bradley and a loyal Kitten at heart. Over the last 7 games of regular season and this past week of Districts I have recieved emails and phone calls from parents about the possibility of the best 8th grader and best 9th grader leaving the Fabled Ashland Kitten program. I hope this isnt the case because these two young ladies have been in the Ashland school system since Kindergarten but their parents are very upset. I really dont understand why? Kids must be patient and wait their turn in line even if they are better than the upperclassmen.

I appreciate the loyal comments from a true Ashland fan, but this type of post does NOT help a program. If there is a problem why post it here without any specifics or facts to back up the comments? If a fan is truly concerned about a behinds the scenes situation that is not known by the head coach, go tell the head coach. Don't post it on an open forum where it does no good bust just causes rumor and negative speculation. JMO
Is the maroon pelican really an Ashland fan or an imposter trying to stir a few things up to cause a few problems hoping to get a few transfers.?:blabbermo
^ lol
I really doubt anyone is leaving the Kittens. I think someone hit the nail on the head a lot of these post aren't from Ashland people . You have a lot of bitter people trying to stir things up.
American Dream Wrote:I really doubt anyone is leaving the Kittens. I think someone hit the nail on the head a lot of these post aren't from Ashland people . You have a lot of bitter people trying to stir things up.

I think you are probably right :Thumbs:
kybasketballfan Wrote:Is the maroon pelican really an Ashland fan or an imposter trying to stir a few things up to cause a few problems hoping to get a few transfers.?:blabbermo

Probably right and you should have added jealousy. :biggrin:
kybasketballfan Wrote:Is the maroon pelican really an Ashland fan or an imposter trying to stir a few things up to cause a few problems hoping to get a few transfers.?:blabbermo

I am a true Ashland fan. Imposter? You should talk, I thought you were from West Carter with the colors you sported this year. One game Royal Blue, the next game Kitten Maroon. I am not stirring anything just stating the truth, and why go to Bill with it, he will do nothing. I hope all the kids stay because you are right when you say they are a special group and they will have a chance at going to state 2 or 3 years in a row.

I don't know where you guys are going with all this but I can assure that I am more than content to develope the young kids we have at Rose Hill and could care less if kids transfer in. The kids who stuck it out when they knew lean years were ahead deserve their chance, if kids come in fine, if they don't fine. I am concerned with the kids that are there now. I personally wish all the kids in the area the best of luck in the future with their prospective teams. After all, it is about the kids and when you are from a small area like we are we need to support all the kids and enjoy their successes. Good luck to Ashland tonite and in the Regional tournament.
Ashland Blazer 64 Rose Hill Christian 60

Rose Hill 16 12 19 13 60

Ashland Blazer 12 12 21 19 64

64th District at Ashland Blazer
Rose Hill (16-11) -- Gregg 10, Gambill 11, malloy 3, Terry 22, Kennedy 11, E. Parsons 3.
Ashland Blazer (15-13) -- Skaggs 12, Delaney 24, Whetsel 8, Bonner 16, Johnson 4
http://www.kentucky.com/
Congrats Ashland.
Steve Day Wrote:Congrats to Ashland. They are a very good team. Rose Hill is very young even younger than last year (Probably the youngest team in the state) outside of 2 juniors the rest are 6th, 7th and 8th grade ages, not making any excuses by no means. Out of 39 tournovers, 28 were unforced. Good luck to Ashland in the Regionals. Age and experience wins out every time. Even though Rose Hill's record doesnt indicate it, Coach Watkins did a great job of bringing these middle schoolers along this past year.

Great post - I agree totally - talented, dedicated players and good coaching help too.

I also agree that Coach Watkins did a really good job with the Lady Royals this year. they definitely showed major improvement as the season progressed.