Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FINAL: Paintsville 51 Shelby Valley 48
Final from the Expo.
Congrats girls!! Looks like it was a good game.
Congrats Paintsville.
Congrats Paintsville
any stats?
Im a huge Valley fan but it seems like the Refs really where for Valley in this game. They gave them every call they could, didnt see how Valley couldn't win, free throws is what hurt them I believe. Congrats to Paintsville and good luck in the rest of the Tourny
Valley, there's always next year!
Congrats Paintsville!
NYY10 Wrote:Im a huge Valley fan but it seems like the Refs really where for Valley in this game. They gave them every call they could, didnt see how Valley couldn't win, free throws is what hurt them I believe. Congrats to Paintsville and good luck in the rest of the Tourny

I was thinking the same thing, but I'm glad you said it since you're a Valley fan.
NYY10 Wrote:Im a huge Valley fan but it seems like the Refs really where for Valley in this game. They gave them every call they could, didnt see how Valley couldn't win, free throws is what hurt them I believe. Congrats to Paintsville and good luck in the rest of the Tourny

yeah there some girl who might not come back next year:eyeroll:
Congrats Tiger!
congrats to p-ville and good luck..
what lost valley the game was free throws and some really bad defense plays...

but good game both teams..
Wow, I missed this one and my regional champion prediction.

Congrats Lady Tigers on a great win and good luck!
Congrats Lady tigers!! Reppin the 57th well!
Wow, I thought Valley would won this one.

Congrats Lady Tigers!
3/2/2009
Paintsville 51
Shelby Valley 48
Paintsville 13 10 12 16 51

Shelby Valley 10 8 9 21 48

15th Region at East Ky. Expo Center
Paintsville (19-8) -- Adams 2, VanHoose 13, Jarrell 6, Carroll 12, Chaffins 18.
Shelby Valley (19-9) -- Perkins 17, Sawyers 5, Swindall 10, Coleman 8, Cantrell 3, Mullins 5
http://www.kentucky.com
MVP2 Wrote:Wow, I thought Valley would won this one.

Congrats Lady Tigers!

yeah i agree i thought valley had this game too but i guess this shows that ANYthing is possible..

Congrats ladytigers!
Congratulations to Paintsville
Congrats Paintsville, I really thought SV could win this one. Chaffins girl made some good clutch shots & Carrol made her FTs. 19 wins for SV this year, not bad.
Congrats Paintsville!

& great season SV!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

-EXPRESS YOURSELF-

Morehead State Eagle!
I picked Paintsville by 3 in this one. Congrats Lady Tigers.
alleycat53 Wrote:Congrats Paintsville, I really thought SV could win this one. Chaffins girl made some good clutch shots & Carrol made her FTs. 19 wins for SV this year, not bad.
According to one my constituents @ Lazyville, Paintsville shot 66% from the field and SV shot 31
softball Wrote:congrats to p-ville and good luck..
what lost valley the game was free throws and some really bad defense plays...

but good game both teams..
Congrats Painstville,well played game.
All free throws was needed i will agree (every point counts) but thats not what cost Valley this game.Poor defense down low in the first half,while in the zone,you just can't let a good shooting team have the ball in that low,period.
I thought Rowe made a good call by going to man defense in the second half,because when Valley maned up it gave Paintsville fits,but over and over in 3rd quarter the same girls would forget who they was guarding and someone would be left wide open for the score,most times the chaffin girl.Cantrell didn't have a good shooting night for us,which in a close game we needed her pts.Valley still had their chances to take this game into overtime but both tries failed,nothing to hang your head about,great game by both teams.
Any how good luck to paintsville in the tournament,it is sad to see Perkins and Cantrell leave,Perkins left it all on the floor and thats all she could have asked of herself,good luck in the future to both girls.We at Valley will see next year just how bad you both will be missed!
this time, i have to say good job RR. i thought he made adjustments as the game went on and i agree laura left it all on the floor and has no regrets, she has represented her school well. still , overall, i feel that this team was by far the most underachieving team in the 15th region this year. with the talent this team had before swindall came, i think they would have won 19 games anyway. i am not picking on swindall because overall, she is a good player, i just felt that swindall would put this team over the top and it did not happen. i personally felt we had the best talent in the region. further, i do agree with Bball63 and Nyy10, we got every break in the book. i can't see why we did not win. i also heard that there might not be soneone coming back, but there will be someone to take her place. rumor has it , we might be getting a couple new kids.
Please hold off on your rumors. I hate when people say stuff like that. I will speak for the whole SV program in saying if a girl wants to leave and is not happy THEN GET OUT. We want girls that are dedicated to our program and have pride about themselves that they want to make themselves better and our program. We do not want someone that is not happy. I promise you SV will not fight someone leaving and will not try to keep her from playing.
The last minutes made for exciting listening on the radio. I thought Valley was going to tie it at the end of regulation! I hate it for Cantrell and Perkins. I wanted to see them lead their team to a 15 Region victory.

Congrats to Paintsville. Now, go on and win the rest of them!
Another sad game to watch as a SV fan I don't know what the problem is but they do have what it takes to become a winning team if they would play as team. Maybe next year
valley21 Wrote:Another sad game to watch as a SV fan I don't know what the problem is but they do have what it takes to become a winning team if they would play as team. Maybe next year
When did they not play as a team in this game?I thought the ball was passed and shared plenty between themselves,mistakes on defense and lack of rebounding,also plenty of missed shots was about only problems but that is my opinion.

At the end of the game several girls had the ball and was or looked afraid to shoot,can't win games with fear of failure in your eyes,i thought Perkins stepped up as a senior player should and tried to lead her team.
Something to remember there is always a winner and a loser,how you handle each shows the kind of player you are.We as fans show how we are also by the way we handle winning and losing.

I've heard all season that so and so wasn't playing next year,i say if ya don't love it-don't play it,the smallest of things can change a teams attitude,i feel Valley came up short this year as far as their talent level goes but hey it was fun while it lasted.

As for next year,i hope them the best and hopefully go even farther then this year,but as i stated earlier they have some big shoes to fill in Cantrell and Perkins!
shelbyvalley02 Wrote:yeah there some girl who might not come back next year:eyeroll:

Kids come and go but the school always remains. If a player wants to leave then no big deal.:Clap:
Congratulations Paintsville.
Congrats Lady Tigers! :rockon: