Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Coach in the 14th Region
My vote is for Chris Amburgey from Knott. Who you all think??
Peggy Moore - Breathitt County
I think three coaches stick out above the rest.

Randy Napier - he won a state title in 1994. Has won seven regional titles and been regional runnerup 4 times.

Peggy Moore - has won three regional titles and been regional runner up 2 times.

Dickie Adams - has won one regional title and been regional runner up 4 times. He also
has won 4 All A regional titles and was All A state runnerup in 2004. He
has also won a regional title in softball(2000) and Volleyball(2008).
Concur.
You gotta go with Randy Napier
Peggy Moore
TheMasterpiece Wrote:My vote is for Chris Amburgey from Knott. Who you all think??

Coach Amburgey is a nice guy but he isn't even the best coach in his district.
Bill Fannin

Has won a state title with Hazard
Led Hazards Boys to the Sweet 16
Lucky7 Wrote:Bill Fannin

You are right. He is a good coach. He has just been out of the limelight lately and you sometimes forget about him.
Kevin Whitman is the best coach in the Region.

Didn't Hazard's girls win the Sweet 16 and the All A state titles in 1997 under Coach Fannin?
Blue-N-Gold Wrote:Didn't Hazard's girls win the Sweet 16 and the All A state titles in 1997 under Coach Fannin?

Yes and the All A state title in 1998. Hazard doesn't have the talent they use to have.
OrangenowBlue Wrote:Coach Amburgey is a nice guy but he isn't even the best coach in his district.
Not even the best coach on his bench, and that is the truth.
I would have to go with Coach Adams from Letcher Central, he gets the most out of his girls and is right their almost every year at the end. Randy Napier is a close 2nd.
Randy Napier is a great coach. He has control of his team and he cares very much for them.
I have to disagree. I am a Letcher Central fan, and right now, Coach Moore has made to many trips to state. Dickie is 2nd, but I feel he will rise up to #1 the next two years. I think this is the start of the Letcher Central Cougars rise to dominance in the 14th region. Dickie is doing all the right things, and I know it is going to pay off.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
As long as Kendell is at Breathitt, Peggy Moore will be the best coach. She has a chance to win the region the next three years. That would make it six times in a row. If that isnt impressive, I dont know what is.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] [COLOR="Blue"][SIZE="5"]
That Pretty Much Sums It Up.....
[/SIZE][/COLOR]
All these are good coaches. Coach Moore is a great coach and Kendall is a great player. As the years progress it will get tougher for both as the supporting cast will not be as strong.
Peggy Moore is the best coach in the 14th region and it doesn't hurt to have the best player in East Ky. Kendall Noble would make any coach look good.
Matt Watterson - Lee County
mountain hoops guru Wrote:Not even the best coach on his bench, and that is the truth.
I would have to go with Coach Adams from Letcher Central, he gets the most out of his girls and is right their almost every year at the end. Randy Napier is a close 2nd.

Who on his bench is a better coach??
dickie adams is deffnley the best coach...GO COUGARS
This is a hard question. Some coaches are blessed to coach in a place with a lot of talent to choose from. Others are not. Are results the only measure of "best coach"? I'm gonna say this: McKinley at Estill gets an awful lot out of the girls he coaches when you think about numbers and talent pool.
HOGWOLLOP Wrote:This is a hard question. Some coaches are blessed to coach in a place with a lot of talent to choose from. Others are not. Are results the only measure of "best coach"? I'm gonna say this: McKinley at Estill gets an awful lot out of the girls he coaches when you think about numbers and talent pool.

I have to agree that he is one of the class acts in the region. I cannot say he is the best coach but he is a good guy and there may be some substance to what you are saying.
Adams lcc
Mckinley at Estill is very, very good..
leecoukfan Wrote:Matt Watterson - Lee County

:please:
:Thumbs:
OrangenowBlue Wrote:You are right. He is a good coach. He has just been out of the limelight lately and you sometimes forget about him.
:Thumbs:

I just heard today at Allessa Pratt is cleared to play at Perry. Looks like another weapon for the BEST COACH in the REGION, RANDY NAPIER.
Another weapon just like the girl from Buckhorn last year.