Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Girls 7th Grade State Tournament KBA
Who are some of the best teams that will compete for the title?
i may be a homer but i find it hard to find 5 players on one team as good as verity(ashland) 7th grade girls. Im sure there are better teams just have not seen them yet. Im excited to see where they match up with the better teams state wide.
Good luck to Verity's Girls us up here in the 16th region will be rooting for them.
Maroon Truth Wrote:i may be a homer but i find it hard to find 5 players on one team as good as verity(ashland) 7th grade girls. Im sure there are better teams just have not seen them yet. Im excited to see where they match up with the better teams state wide.

I will have to agree with this post. Have maybe seen a couple of individuals that are better but as a team even the ones on the bench these girls are very talented. It will take a very good team to beat them. Good luck girls and someone please keep us posted on how they do.
Maroon Truth Wrote:i may be a homer but i find it hard to find 5 players on one team as good as verity(ashland) 7th grade girls. Im sure there are better teams just have not seen them yet. Im excited to see where they match up with the better teams state wide.

I totally agree. Will be interesting to see how they fare at state
Does anyone know what teams that are going to be playing in this tournament?
Is this tournament through the KBA?
10:30
game #1 Anderson vs. McCeary
game #2 Bryan Station vs Stuart Pepper
game #3 Bernheim vs. Phelps
game #4 Crosby vs. Casey

11:45
game #5 Whitley vs. Bracken
game #6 Southern vs. Lewis Co.
game #7 Verity vs. Lincoln Co.
does anybody know anything about any of these teams or seen them play, records, schedules, top scorers, ball handling, rebounding, ect.

any predictions on 1st rd. games or possible champions
Crosby and Lincoln will be tough. Would be anxious to hear how some of those teams in the 12th region area stacked up against each other this year....Whitley, Casey, Lincoln, Mcreary.

I have heard nice things about verity but we'll see how they stack up against some of the bigger schools.

i'll go with an Anderson/Whitley finals.
I look for Verity 7th to do some good at the state. They have solid guard play, good inside and out play on offense. Defensively they are good as well.
Whitley Should win it hands down... I saw there coach get thrown out of a game and a parent came out of the stands and they still won by 20
I haven't seen Whitley play but I am sure that Verity will give them a run for their money .... Should be alot of fun to watch this weekend
bluegrass nation Wrote:10:30
game #1 Anderson vs. McCeary
game #2 Bryan Station vs Stuart Pepper
game #3 Bernheim vs. Phelps
game #4 Crosby vs. Casey

11:45
game #5 Whitley vs. Bracken
game #6 Southern vs. Lewis Co.
game #7 Verity vs. Lincoln Co.
Southern, Lincoln, Casey, and Whitley are all very good teams for south central Ky. I think Southerns record is 25-1. There only loss was to Casey Co. in the 12th region finals. Southern has beat Casey Co. 4 times already this season in close games, but it is hard to beat a good team five times in a season. Lincoln and Southern only played once and it was a really good game. Southern I think won by 2 or 3.
Anderson's 7th graders went 27-0 during the regular season. They haven't played any of the teams in the state so comparing is really difficult.

Meade County has a nice bunch from what I hear (Stuart Pepper)
good luck verity represent us here in the 16th well
I'm going to try to make down to watch this tournament, I would have like to see us and E. Carter also play in it it would have been good for the girls. You could have possibile seen another E. Carter/Verity championship showdown.
Verity struggled in their 1st game playing as ugly as they have all year, losing 27-20 in a back and forth game against a solid Lincoln Co. team. Will see how the rest of the day goes
What happened to the Crosby team that was suppose to be tough, they lost big to Casey County.
Lewis Co.'s girls are tough as well, they'll make some noise with outstanding guard play out of Emily Frye and Jaycee Fite and great post play out of 6'2" Savannah Anderson and 6'0" Erica Blake.
Both Verity and Lewis County R OUT
LClion4life Wrote:Lewis Co.'s girls are tough as well, they'll make some noise with outstanding guard play out of Emily Frye and Jaycee Fite and great post play out of 6'2" Savannah Anderson and 6'0" Erica Blake.

Not putting your team down but I think you will find that these are not the caliber of teams that you have played this year and beat by 30 +....Verity is the best I have seen and looks like they have already gotten beat. I would predict Verity over Lewis by 25 if they met.
dei227 Wrote:Not putting your team down but I think you will find that these are not the caliber of teams that you have played this year and beat by 30 +....Verity is the best I have seen and looks like they have already gotten beat. I would predict Verity over Lewis by 25 if they met.

Youre entitled to an opinion. Lc may not win, but they wouldn't lose by 25.
The Verity girls have already beaten Lewis County in a spring league tourney. The girls were then wearing Ashland uniforms. I believe it was at Boyd County. The score was 30 to 3. That would make for a 27 point lose. And yes Lewis County had their big girl.
pantherbb Wrote:Both Verity and Lewis County R OUT

Any scores ?
Lewis lost by around 30, by a much smaller team.. Verity was up by 10 headed into 4th, and lost by 5 in double overtime...
Lincoln defeated Meade County (Stuart Pepper) in the Finals. Lincoln upset Southern to get there. Was told Lincoln had lost 11 straight to Southern before this game.

A lot of young talent out there. A number of teams could have won this tournament. The field was really balanced.
Looks good on the 12th region. 3 out of the final 4 was from the 12th.

Lincoln
Southern (Southwestern)
Casey
pantherbb Wrote:Lewis lost by around 30, by a much smaller team.. Verity was up by 10 headed into 4th, and lost by 5 in double overtime...

Veity truely played thier worst game of the year against a solid lincoln team who forced verity to play ugly with great team D. Verity still had a 3 point lead on the champs With 2 and a half to go in the 4th and fell on thier face from there. Too many turnovers. Against southern they played a great 3 quarters of ball leading by ten going into the 4th. Great play late by southern and some untimely errors and poor free throw shooting caused a overtime loss for our girls. Proud of them and good luck next week to our verity 8th grade girls who should be another tuff out.:Thumbs:
good-if-it-goes Wrote:Looks good on the 12th region. 3 out of the final 4 was from the 12th.

Lincoln
Southern (Southwestern)
Casey
Who was the fourth seed? How did this thing finish?