Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fast Lane Classic pairings set
Date: November 28, 2009

Host School: Sheldon Clark High School

10:00 Lawrence Co. vs. Belfry

11:30 Bath Co. vs. Highlands

1:00 Sheldon Clark vs. Nelson Co. (Girls)

2:30 Scott Co. vs. Louisville Trinity

4:00 Sheldon Clark vs. Elliott Co.

5:30 Tates Creek vs. Huntington Prep (WV)

7:00 Perry Co. vs. Clark Co.

8:30 Shelby Valley vs. Logan (WV)

Any info on these teams? Who do you see winning each game?
looks like theres going to be some really good games and some really good blowouts. lol
y is it at Inez, why couldnt it be in Pikeville at the Expo or something!!
They already do one at the expo around the second week of December, it is the Farm Bureau Classic. Normally it is a better field but I'm not sure about this year.
BlackcatFootball Wrote:They already do one at the expo around the second week of December, it is the Farm Bureau Classic. Normally it is a better field but I'm not sure about this year.

lol you got to be kidding me?? the city of Inez has one thing that is bigger and better than any other panorama in the state and people get on here asking why its in inez and saying farm bureau classic is better. you all are a joke and if you think that please dont come to inez keep yourselfs in paintsville pikeville and prestonburg and miss the best panorama in the state. i am not joking if you think this dont come and they will still be 2500 plus in SC gym by the end of the day.
Someone name a better pre - season showcase than the Fast Lane Classic. Over the years players such as O J Mayo, Patrick Patterson, Darius Miller, Scotty Hopson, Jon Hood, the Falkner twins, Jonathan Ferguson, Shelvin Mack and many others so that should say enough. Sheldon Clark High School has been home for the Fast Lane Classic for the past 14 years and thats where it will stay.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:
monster_energy Wrote:looks like theres going to be some really good games and some really good blowouts. lol

Which do you see as good games and which as blowouts?
Gold Charger Wrote:Date: November 28, 2009

Host School: Sheldon Clark High School

10:00 Lawrence Co. vs. Belfry

1:00 Sheldon Clark vs. Nelson Co. (Girls)

Any info on these teams? Who do you see winning each game?

Game 1 Lawrence County
Game 2 Highlands
Game 3 Elliot Co.
Game 4 Huntinton Prep (WV)
Game 5 Clark Co.
Game 6 Shelby Valley

All of these will be blow outs but the valley and Huntington game
Cant blame the SC guys for getting defensive. Looks like another good field. I will be there. :popcorn:
Gold Charger Wrote:Which do you see as good games and which as blowouts?

I think the Valley vs Logan should be a good game
Also the huntington game.
other than that they might be one other close game but it wouldnt surprise me if the rest of the them was blowouts.
5timechamp Wrote:Cant blame the SC guys for getting defensive. Looks like another good field. I will be there. :popcorn:

thanks 5 time its like if Inez does one thing good then the world is going to end for some people like nyy10
Jed Clampett Wrote:Someone name a better pre - season showcase than the Fast Lane Classic. Over the years players such as O J Mayo, Patrick Patterson, Darius Miller, Scotty Hopson, Jon Hood, the Falkner twins, Jonathan Ferguson, Shelvin Mack and many others so that should say enough. Sheldon Clark High School has been home for the Fast Lane Classic for the past 14 years and thats where it will stay.:Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs::Thumbs:

yes sir i couldnt agree more!! :Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap::Clap:
Blueheat Wrote:Game 1 Lawrence County
Game 2 Highlands
Game 3 Elliot Co.
Game 4 Huntinton Prep (WV)
Game 5 Clark Co.
Game 6 Shelby Valley

All of these will be blow outs but the valley and Huntington game

What about the Scott Co vs Trinity game?
Gold Charger Wrote:What about the Scott Co vs Trinity game?

good point i think that could be a good game too!!
Im sorry, Im not taking anything away from Inez, was just wondering why not at Pikeville Expo Center, since thats where everything else is played at
Glad you're not taking anything away from Inez but the Expo Center already the boys and girls regional tournaments and by*doing so the folks that make the decisions in the 15th region show its all about money because the tourney atmosphere there is no way close to what it was when held in area gyms. Instead of wondering why, come to Inez Nov. 28 and see some great high school basketball .
Down and Out Wrote:Glad you're not taking anything away from Inez but the Expo Center already the boys and girls regional tournaments and by*doing so the folks that make the decisions in the 15th region show its all about money because the tourney atmosphere there is no way close to what it was when held in area gyms. Instead of wondering why, come to Inez Nov. 28 and see some great high school basketball .

yea i'll be there
The Logan , Sv game should be a good one. Two future Big East guards. Elisha Justice ( UL ) Noah Cotriill ( WVU ). Logan is small this year but quick. Also
Logan has another guard in Paul Herbert Williamson. Both teams will be good this year utilizing speed. I feel Valley will win because Valley's starting five have experience with one another and also Valley will have about three weeks of practice time on Logan. I'm torn because I broadcast a few Valley games and I graduated from Logan.
Fast Lane foots the bill on this event and they do a great job. Plus there home office is in Martin County. I have seen some great games over the years
Will anyone be giving updates on any of these games?
This is one of the oldest and best panoramas around. The people that at SC doe a great job of getting good teams to come there for this Classic. They may have been down with talent the past few years but their hospitality has always been second to none which is why people still go back there year after year.
What does Bath Co have this season?

Highlands is loaded and will put on a great show for the EKY fans. They have 8 solid SR's that all play strong man-man defense and get up and down the floor. 6'6 Jr Jack Stewart is playing well I hear also and could see a lot of time since the footballers will probably still be in season.
qryche11 Wrote:What does Bath Co have this season?

Highlands is loaded and will put on a great show for the EKY fans. They have 8 solid SR's that all play strong man-man defense and get up and down the floor. 6'6 Jr Jack Stewart is playing well I hear also and could see a lot of time since the footballers will probably still be in season.

They have one player that pretty much does it all. Mays?? I think that's his name. He is a very good player but he does not have much help. Kids play hard but but just don't have the talent this year.

Highlands will win this one BIG. Won't be much of a game.

Highlands will roll over Bath Co. The Birds are very deep and talented this year and will compete with Holmes for the 9th region championship. Kowolonek may be one of the most underrated seniors in the state. He has gotten physically bigger since last year and should be tough for other guards to handle with his strength.

Should be a good game but SC will have too much for Trinity. Sewell will put on a show but in the end Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Manning will put the Rocks away. SC is going to be very tough this year regardless of the opponent. They are deep and absolutely loaded.

This should be a decent match up but I don't look for either team to be overly impressive. Knipp should have a big game.

I don't know much about Huntington Prep, but Tates Creek is very talented this year with Barksdale, Fucci, and 6'8 Cousins. The Commodores lost just I believe just one starter (Hagan) from last year's team so I'd expect them to be competitive with anyone in this field. They're a legit threat to SC in the 11th region.

Perry Co returns some players from last year but Clark Co should win this one comfortably. I realize they have questions at the PG position but with the experience in their deep junior class, led by Stenzel, Rogers, Zollo, and Purvis, I expect them to utilize their size down low.

Should be a great match up. I've heard great things about Logan and Cautrill and SV returns some nice players in Hatfield and Justice. This should be the best game of the day.
kywldcat01 Wrote:11:30 Bath Co. vs. Highlands

Highlands will roll over Bath Co. The Birds are very deep and talented this year and will compete with Holmes for the 9th region championship. Kowolonek may be one of the most underrated seniors in the state. He has gotten physically bigger since last year and should be tough for other guards to handle with his strength.

Should be a good game but SC will have too much for Trinity. Sewell will put on a show but in the end Guyn, Euton, Jackson, and Manning will put the Rocks away. SC is going to be very tough this year regardless of the opponent. They are deep and absolutely loaded.

This should be a decent match up but I don't look for either team to be overly impressive. Knipp should have a big game.

I don't know much about Huntington Prep, but Tates Creek is very talented this year with Barksdale, Fucci, and 6'8 Cousins. The Commodores lost just I believe just one starter (Hagan) from last year's team so I'd expect them to be competitive with anyone in this field. They're a legit threat to SC in the 11th region.

Perry Co returns some players from last year but Clark Co should win this one comfortably. I realize they have questions at the PG position but with the experience in their deep junior class, led by Stenzel, Rogers, Zollo, and Purvis, I expect them to utilize their size down low.

Should be a great match up. I've heard great things about Logan and Cautrill and SV returns some nice players in Hatfield and Justice. This should be the best game of the day.

Don't know how much Rogers will get to play, depends on how far the football team goes. We will see Daniels take his place. Kindred will play the PG and will do a great job. He is really looking good in practice. Any depth at this position is where the Cards will need to develope through out the season. This is a scrimmage so I look for coach to try different combinations at this spot.

GRC's starting lineup should be:
SG- Robbie Stenzel 6'4
PG- Chase Kindred 5'10
C - Jaylan Daniels 6'6
F - Travis Purvis 6'8
F - Vinny Zollo 6'9
monster_energy Wrote:good point i think that could be a good game too!!
:dontthink I dont see this being a game IMO just too much power from Scott for Trinity.
joethegreek Wrote:The Logan , Sv game should be a good one. Two future Big East guards. Elisha Justice ( UL ) Noah Cotriill ( WVU ). Logan is small this year but quick. Also
Logan has another guard in Paul Herbert Williamson. Both teams will be good this year utilizing speed. I feel Valley will win because Valley's starting five have experience with one another and also Valley will have about three weeks of practice time on Logan. I'm torn because I broadcast a few Valley games and I graduated from Logan.
Should be a great match up with the two guards :Thumbs: :popcorn:
Looks like another good list of teams. I've been for the past couple years and I haven't been disappointed yet.
Gold Charger Wrote:Don't know how much Rogers will get to play, depends on how far the football team goes. We will see Daniels take his place. Kindred will play the PG and will do a great job. He is really looking good in practice. Any depth at this position is where the Cards will need to develope through out the season. This is a scrimmage so I look for coach to try different combinations at this spot.

GRC's starting lineup should be:
SG- Robbie Stenzel 6'4
PG- Chase Kindred 5'10
C - Jaylan Daniels 6'6
F - Travis Purvis 6'8
F - Vinny Zollo 6'9

That is impressive and could be considered college height. Holmes and GRC will be a great matchup in the SK pre-season scrimmage and I will have to catch that one.
qryche11 Wrote:That is impressive and could be considered college height. Holmes and GRC will be a great matchup in the SK pre-season scrimmage and I will have to catch that one.

Rogers started center last year and he is 6'4. GRC has the height and talent and a very tuff schedule. Trying to prepare for post season.