Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheldon Clark 36 Russell 14
Congrats Sheldon Clark and good season Devils.Congrats to The Russell seniors on four great years and good luck with your future.
Russell played a great first half but made too many big mistakes in the 2nd half.
Not surprised by the outcome, although I did figure it would be closer.

Congrats Cards!
congrats on the cards on the win and good season for Russel keep your alls heads up.
Tough draw for Russell.

A Healthy SC is a 2 seed if not a 1 seed in nearly any district in the state in 3A.
There was a few runs by jones where if he had better speed i'd say he would have been in the endzone. I can think of at least 2.
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:Russell played a great first half but made too many big mistakes in the 2nd half.

Agreed. First half the Devils looked very good and were running on Sheldon Clark. In the second half though the mistakes were a killer and the running game was slowed down the the Cards d-fence.

Congrads Sheldon Clark.

Good luck to all the seniors! Proud of what the Devils were able to do this year!!

Go Devils!! :devilflam
Wilddawg almost called this on down the the point. Nice win for SC. Is Varney going be back for Belfry.
Matman Wrote:Wilddawg almost called this on down the the point. Nice win for SC. Is Varney going be back for Belfry.
Varney and Carroll both wont be 100%, but they will be back
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Varney and Carroll both wont be 100%, but they will be back

SC will still have KP out but it should be a great game as long as they keep their heads.
Congratulations to SC on a road win. Russell played well in the first half and came out in the second and made mistakes. These mistakes killed Russell.

Good luck to the Russell seniors.
All the logical/rational Russell fans better be ready for the other side of your fanbase to be out in full force.
Congrats to the cards.
Good win for the Cardinals. Thought it would be a closer score.
glad to see the cards pull this one out
a bunch of sc fans through a fit about what i wrote on the other thread for no reason.
Nice job SC
Congrats to the Cards...nicely done!
Good game Cards, just as I thought, Russell has had qb. problems all year and really nobody but Jones to carry the ball, good luck next season Devils.:flame:
Good luck Russell seniors. Your best is yet to come.
Look on the bright side..... Ashland got blown out! I enjoyed the season. Hit the weights!
I agree with RedDevil1981. This was a fun team to watch. They really do seem like a great bunch of seniors. I look forward to watching the basketball team now.

I also agree with RedDevil1981 on another point for those looking to play Russell football next year. Hit the weights!
Congrats Cards and good luck next week on Pond Creek.
Great game tonight. Sc fans really traveled well, it looked like they had more fans there than Russell. Sc's defense looked shakey in the first half but they made some adjustments and came out in the second half looking good. #23 for Russell looked good. He runs hard and looked like a hoss to bring down. And Monster Energy, they say stuff because you say your an SC fan but you continue to talk trash about them. If your an SC fan, praise your team instead of insisting that the line isnt very smart, the backs arent fast and telling other teams what to watch out for!
This game was closer than the final score would indicate. Russell led 14-13 at the half and really should have led by more.

Turnovers were a big key in this game. A Russell fumble deep in SC territory in the first half cost big time. The back breaker was the punt that hit a Russell player in the foot and was recovered by SC in the third quarter. The Subsequent TD really turned all of the momentum to the Cards.

The last TD by SC was a good call. A middle screen to #5. Russell was bringing alot of heat by blitzing their LBs and it really bothered the Sheldon Clarks QB. The screen was wide open and blocked very well.

Coach Hagar is a first class guy. Good luck to him and his team.
Class 3A
Sheldon Clark 7 6 16 7 36

Russell 7 7 0 0 14

Scoring summary:
R--Travis Jones 3 run (Tanner Locey kick); SC--Avery Ray 38 run (Kelly Hayes kick); R--Jones 3 run (Locey kick); SC--Austin Steppe 1 run (kick failed); SC--Brad Stafford 46 run (Slone pass from Steppe); SC--Ray 3 run (Christian Skyles run); SC--Ray 35 pass from Steppe (Hayes kick).

Kentucky.com
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Great game tonight. Sc fans really traveled well, it looked like they had more fans there than Russell. Sc's defense looked shakey in the first half but they made some adjustments and came out in the second half looking good. #23 for Russell looked good. He runs hard and looked like a hoss to bring down. And Monster Energy, they say stuff because you say your an SC fan but you continue to talk trash about them. If your an SC fan, praise your team instead of insisting that the line isnt very smart, the backs arent fast and telling other teams what to watch out for!

I, too, was impressed by how many fans Sheldon Clark brought to the game. They even brought a pep band, too. You don't see that a lot anymore.

Monster Energy's scouting report was on the money. Russell couldn't do anything about it, though. Sheldon Clark ran the ball from the wishbone and passed it from the spread very effectively. The only thing that initially surprised me was how well Russell ran the ball early in the game. This was the same defense that held Channing Fugate to 5 yards, right???

All in all, Sheldon Clark was the better team. That should be some war between them and Belfry next week.
Matman Wrote:SC will still have KP out but it should be a great game as long as they keep their heads.
Skyles did play tonight though it was limited. Only starters out for SC was Smith and Jarrell which should be back for next week.
Pink Flamingo Wrote:Great game tonight. Sc fans really traveled well, it looked like they had more fans there than Russell. Sc's defense looked shakey in the first half but they made some adjustments and came out in the second half looking good. #23 for Russell looked good. He runs hard and looked like a hoss to bring down. And Monster Energy, they say stuff because you say your an SC fan but you continue to talk trash about them. If your an SC fan, praise your team instead of insisting that the line isnt very smart, the backs arent fast and telling other teams what to watch out for!
I think the lack of Russell fans there was due to the fact that Russell really wasn't expected to win this game. If you had been at the Belfry game when they rolled in 2005 you would have noticed the difference in the amount of fans for Russell. After all this was one of the worst Russell teams in years.
I see what your saying but still a home playoff game against a tough Sheldon Clark IMO should have brought a crowd! But it was pretty cold tonight!
GOREDDEVILS Wrote:I think the lack of Russell fans there was due to the fact that Russell really wasn't expected to win this game. If you had been at the Belfry game when they rolled in 2005 you would have noticed the difference in the amount of fans for Russell. After all this was one of the worst Russell teams in years.

I was thinking that very thing to myself as I stood there watching the game tonight. That stadium was completely packed for the Belfry game in 2005. Heck, I think more Russell fans went to Belfry in 2006 than were there for tonight's game! What a difference a few wins and a couple of years make.