Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feds Creek 97 Millard 42
Feds Creek opened up their season with a huge win over Millard Tonight 97-42

Way to go Vikings
Congradulations to Feds Creek, you really are a great team this year but do you really have to run the score up on teams like this? Doesn't prove anything really and risks your best players getting hurt.
Fc in no way tried to run the score up. They had the bench in for over 85% of the game. The starters played about 4-7 mins total. (6-10) players played fr about 10-12 mins. (11-15) players 13-18 mins.

Fc didnt risk any of the player for this game. The bench for FC scored 60+ points. Great game for FC
it is impossible to score 97 in 24 minutes without trying to run up the score
And how much of this game did they press?
Hey! Whats the deal bball fan? This group of kids are VERY talented. Why are you knocking them for? They played an EXCELLENT game last night as a TEAM. Not a one man show as some teams try to do. The WHOLE bench played and as I may add played EXTREMELY well. They all around had the BETTER team. And by the way the Viking A, B & C teams all won their games. So did we press? You dang skippy we pressed. We are in it to WIN it cause this is OUR year!!!! 2009-2010 VIKINGS ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! Remember one thing--- YOU'VE GOT TO WANT IT TO WIN IT & WE WANT IT BAD!!!
No one likes a sore loser first of all. If the score had been Millard 42 - Feds Creek 97 would someone have got on here and said Oh, poor Feds Creek, why did Millard run that score up? Aww, those poor kids? No. Feds Creek has ALWAYS been done this way and you don't hear any of their fans or team whine. The starters were barely in the game, the score wasn't intentionally ran up, and the risk wasn't ran of them getting hurt because they weren't playing. The B team played the majority of the minutes during the A team game and Millard was lucky to put 42 up on them. There for a while I didn't think that they were going to get 20 on the board. When the score is high like this, you put your second and three string players in which Feds Creek did, you try to get the ball into the hands of players who typically don't get any many touches which Feds Creek did, and you work on some plays so these players get their game experience which Feds Creek did. I didn't see a tight full court press ran the entire game. A press is a defensive play which the boys need to work on so they did. Feds Creek's boys couldn't make the ball go in the goal for Millard, the Mustangs shot and missed. That can't be helped. One of our boys even gave them a couple of points... A, B, and C teams all won their games, Millard was obviously just outplayed. If the second and third string can score on another team's first string, are you supposed to tell those kids to hold back? Do you tell the boys playing in the A team game who may not have that chance again all season to slow down, miss their shots, stopping guard, not play smart? I think not.

This could be THE year for the Vikings and that's a feeling that a middle school team from this school doesn't get often. We have been on the downside of a basketball program for many years. No one needs all the negativity when they finally start to turn a program around.
I'm not saying anything bad about Feds Creek's team. I know how talented you guys are this year, and I know your going to make a run at the County Championship. I'm not downing the fact that you were able to beat Millard like you should. From experience, you ruin the game for other kids when you do run the score up. Yes you have been blessed with a team that could do many great things this year and I do agree with letting second and third string players get time. I understand when they score they score, but 97 points in a 24 minute game. Its hard to get enough shots up to score that high even if try to score that high. All I'm saying is think of these of boys. Think of how you felt when someone did it to your boys at some point. You work on your press during practice, your B and C teams can work on there press during there games. Simply drop back, play a half court defense and enjoy the game. You still win the game by 20 or more points, no body questions how good you are but most importantly, you do not make the players of the losing team feel that way. Win the game but remember, the other team has done nothing to you. Everybody goes through ups and downs. Score 60 to 70 points, get your win and enjoy every minute of it. The kids from Milard, I feel sorry for them because I remember what it felt like in high school when I played football and got beat by teams 70 to nothing.
Feds Creek has a great team and will get plenty of respect this year.

I know the Feds Creek coach personally and i don't think for one second he was trying to run the score up.
Congrats FC
Did they play a 24 minute (6 minute quarters) game or a 32 (8 minute quarters) game? Congrats Feds Creek....
It was a 32 minute game!
if iam not wrong all middle school game are 8min. but c and b teams play 6 min
A team is 6 min quarters.
All middle school games have to be 6 minutes, we wanted to change this in the county 5 years ago but you can't, because of NFHS rules.............
This game was 8 minute quarters.
It was an 8 min. quarter game, but it won't be next time. Regardless of the time on the clock, the score was not run up, the varsity played less than 1 quarter of the game, Coach Justice played the B and C teams the rest of the time.
hello to everyone, just wanted to get on here and write a few thoughts, and say that our boy's done great this game, and I think, that it is a lesson to learn and gives the teams that loose, to make them eager, to work harder, and accomplish alot more, so that being said, I just want to give the boys a heck yeah, and everyone seems to forget when Millard and everyone else beat our boys no one was pettin our kid's. So it's just Karma, this year belong's to the VIKING'S..... So, take it boy's all the way....... oh imagine what it would of been like if our starters for our A team stayed in all game.....
I don't believe in Karma! Good teams come and go.

As i said I know Coach Justice personally and i know he wasn't running up the score.
Its funny that parents get on here and say the bench played most of the game, but I seen Phelps book and heard from a few Millard parents. They both told me the same story. Feds Creek played there starters well into the fourth quarter and pressed with them the whole game. What is worse, Phelps parent's swore Feds Creek parents were screaming run up the score. I know winning for small schools is a rare thing and when you can, you have to enjoy it but running up the score is not winning with honor. Show some sportsmanship and back out of your press, put your bench in during the third quarter and not the last minute of the fourth. But hey, like you all said...what comes around goes around! What do you think people will do to you in a couple of years when cameron and johnny are gone?
I'm not going to argue with people on here, because that is what they are wanting. I can assure you that no one is running the score up on teams. I know what its like to be beaten on and there is no way that the score is being run up and starters kept in the game. In saying that, one starter might be left in to kind of direct things, but if you will look at who is doing the scoring, you will see that lots of kids were playing generous amounts of time, as it should be.
bball_fan Wrote:Its funny that parents get on here and say the bench played most of the game, but I seen Phelps book and heard from a few Millard parents. They both told me the same story. Feds Creek played there starters well into the fourth quarter and pressed with them the whole game. What is worse, Phelps parent's swore Feds Creek parents were screaming run up the score. I know winning for small schools is a rare thing and when you can, you have to enjoy it but running up the score is not winning with honor. Show some sportsmanship and back out of your press, put your bench in during the third quarter and not the last minute of the fourth. But hey, like you all said...what comes around goes around! What do you think people will do to you in a couple of years when cameron and johnny are gone?

I can tell you that I'm not a parent and was at the game so since you saw and heard from other people, that means you weren't. Feds Creek's starters did NOT play well into the 4th quarter against Millard. Feds Creek had a couple from the A team playing at the Phelps game with the others being from C team. Got that? C!!!! team. Of course you need an older player in to help when you have our C team boys playing Phelps' A team starters. Someone has to be tall enough to even get the ball in bounds when you are playing them that little against another team's best. I sat right in the middle of all of Feds Creek's parents during the Phelps game (which this thread isn't even about mind you) and KNOW that no one yelled at any time to run the score up. Phelps couldn't even hit a free throw into well into the game. Free throw as in no opposition to the shot whatsoever... The boys from the bench were in before the 4th. Second string of the A team all the way down to C team got playing time. What goes around did come around and now that Feds Creek has a team that is good enough that these boys can't even get a dribble on the floor, it's their time after all of these years. No one is intentionally running the score up on anyone, you can't make the ball go in the basket for them. I wouldn't worry about little ol' Feds Creek about Cameron and Johnny are gone. We'll either sink or swim like any other team in any other year. The only difference is when we are getting beat every game (as it usually happens), we don't sit around and cry about it.
everybody just needs to shut up. these types of games are opportunities for teams to work on plays and get ready for tougher games later in the season. if feds creek pressed more than they should have, it's probably because they needed to work on it in a real game situation. you learn who your team is and what they can do in real games, not practice. and it sounds like that's what they were doing - practicing plays with every player on the bench. you win some - you lose some. get over it. that's life. pick yourself up and get back to it. that's how you learn as a player and as a person. Tennessee beat Asheville 124-49, are they supposed to apologize. Duke beat Charlotte 101-59, are they supposed to apologize for doing what your supposed to do. which is play hard and do the best you can. which i'm sure both teams did. congrats FC.
I dont understand why they havnt combined the basketball programs of the three schools like they did football. If I was Raymond Justice at ER id consider it.
So does that mean that Shelby Vally is suppose to combine Dorton & Virgie?
thetribe Wrote:I can tell you that I'm not a parent and was at the game so since you saw and heard from other people, that means you weren't. Feds Creek's starters did NOT play well into the 4th quarter against Millard. Feds Creek had a couple from the A team playing at the Phelps game with the others being from C team. Got that? C!!!! team. Of course you need an older player in to help when you have our C team boys playing Phelps' A team starters. Someone has to be tall enough to even get the ball in bounds when you are playing them that little against another team's best. I sat right in the middle of all of Feds Creek's parents during the Phelps game (which this thread isn't even about mind you) and KNOW that no one yelled at any time to run the score up. Phelps couldn't even hit a free throw into well into the game. Free throw as in no opposition to the shot whatsoever... The boys from the bench were in before the 4th. Second string of the A team all the way down to C team got playing time. What goes around did come around and now that Feds Creek has a team that is good enough that these boys can't even get a dribble on the floor, it's their time after all of these years. No one is intentionally running the score up on anyone, you can't make the ball go in the basket for them. I wouldn't worry about little ol' Feds Creek about Cameron and Johnny are gone. We'll either sink or swim like any other team in any other year. The only difference is when we are getting beat every game (as it usually happens), we don't sit around and cry about it.
I was at both games and Feds Creek did'nt try to run up the score on either game. So people need's to just get over it!!!!:lmao:
Real Badman Wrote:I dont understand why they havnt combined the basketball programs of the three schools like they did football. If I was Raymond Justice at ER id consider it.

Football needs many more players than basketball and the 3 schools just weren't getting out enough kids apart. Basketball has plenty of players, no need to combine.
School Admin. Wrote:Football needs many more players than basketball and the 3 schools just weren't getting out enough kids apart. Basketball has plenty of players, no need to combine.

Yeah, but if I were Raymond Justice, Id like too have my kids already familiar with each other. Makes for better chemistry when these 6th and 7th graders are seniors. Better chemistry makes for more championships.
Well Sir, Obviously you have very little experience working with people. You just can't go in and "combine" all the sports teams. Principal's from the schools have to agree to do that, and as popular as basketball is up in that area, it's not going to happen! No need to continue this discussion, no way no how will this EVER happen.
School Admin. Wrote:Well Sir, Obviously you have very little experience working with people. You just can't go in and "combine" all the sports teams. Principal's from the schools have to agree to do that, and as popular as basketball is up in that area, it's not going to happen! No need to continue this discussion, no way no how will this EVER happen.

They said the same thing about the football team. I honestly see Wallace, Mercer, or Kiser having a problem with this. But I was just saying that that would be a great idea not only for the ER feeder schools, but for Pike Central and Shelby Valley feeder schools aswell.