Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County @ Paintsville 12/16/05
I know it's another week away. What does everyone think???

Paintsville should come into the game 5-0. They are 3-0 now and play Law Co and Morgan Co in between. Mag Co is 1-0 now and play Shelby Valley, Fleming Co, Law Co, and a tough Breathitt Co. MCHS should be 4-1 or 5-0. The Breathitt Co game will show MCHS and the rest of the region just how good MCHS is. Breathitt is 2-1 with a loss to Perry Central and a 13 point win over Letcher Central. The same Letcher that won PCC's tourney with a 26 point win over JCHS and a 30 point win over PCC.

The Letcher game is the night before the PHS game. How will the Letcher game affect MC??

PHS has lost 5 straight to MC and I don't see the streak ending just yet. PHS does not have the defensive guards to handle AJ Howard or Manns. It takes a taller, quicker, and stronger guard, much like Haley Ratliff.

On the flip side, I don't think Mag can stop Kendra Carroll if she's hitting. PHS's only shot is if the MC guards are not hitting 45% or better and that Jarrell continues her dominating play over Calloray Howard.

Jarrell/C. Howard matchup. Last year Jarrell had 69 points, 51 rebounds, 3 assists, 6 steals, and 3 blocks in 3 games against MC. C. Howard had 24 points. But, what a difference a year makes. CH has lost weight and has really worked hard. Question is: Has she put behind her what Jarrell did to her or is it still in her mind??????? Will CH try too hard or will she let the game come to her? If she tries too hard, it just might play into PHS's hands.

If Jarrell starts out hot, it might sink CH. I have a feeling it will end up being a decent match up between Jarrell and CH. But, if Jarrell gets in foul trouble, it's lights out for the Lady Tigers. CH and M. Howard will have a field day with Jarrell on the bench.

I look for both teams to have balanced scoring and the game going to the wire with MC pulling it out. Sorry, PHS fans.

If you're going to this game it is at 6:30. There is more interest in this game than the boys game. You better be there by 6:00 or you might not get a seat.
Magoffin County...should be a great game
I will take Magoffin County in a close one.

I would LOVE to see this game. 2 powerhouses right there.
MC never underestimate the power these girls have...
always a great matchup when these two teams meet the game is at pville so thatll cause problems for MC but i have to go with my girls.... GO HORNETS
Mc..there awesome
No game to it...Magoffin
I will take MC in this one even if Jarrell isn't in foul trouble... C. Howard might not have a big game but MC's gaurds are TOO much for Pville's to handle. Jarrell will have a big game but it won't be enough. I see this one coming down to the 4th quarter, whoever wins the 4th quarter will win the game...
Make your predictions.
The Hornets by 20
Hmm..Let me think a little longer about this one.

Either way, it will be a great game to see.
Magoffin County
can't wait to see this game.... i'll go with the Ville'
I look for Magoffin Co. to pull this one off. Should be a very good game
should be an excellent game, anyone know if it will be broadcast on the radio?
I look for Calloray Howard to lead the hornet's to victory. I've heard she has played really well in the last couple of games.
I can't wait for this game going to be in the student section from Magoffin great atmosphere, Cant WAIT. Haha I look for my hard rockign Lady Hornets to pull off a nice win, I can't really say by how much.
Magoffin
I have to go with the LADY HORNETS on this one...Wink...!!!
Paintsville is 5-0 and Magoffin is 4-0 with a game against Breathitt Thursday night.
I'm going to pick the Lady Hornets in a barn burner. Go Hornets !!
Paintsville
:champ:
"Tough Turf" Wrote:Paintsville
this will be an exciting game to watch! good luck both teams!
Remember, if you're going to this game, you better be there early. The stands will be packed for this game. There is a LOT of excitement at both schools for this game.
This will be a good one!
magoffin
I think Magoffin Co. will win this one
I think that Magoffin will win, but i agree that it will be close.
Mc