Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Magoffin County 78 - Johnson Central 77
Magoffin erases a double digit haltime lead by shooting 77 % in the second half to take home the win. Freshman point guard Nathan Howard hit some really big shots in the 4th quarter
Congrats Magoffin
Makes our win over magoffin more impressive.
This is a real suprise to me.... What has happened to JC. So many good players...
BlueSky Wrote:This is a real suprise to me.... What has happened to JC. So many good players...
It is the 57th district crazy things happen.
I am a lifelong JC fan but the program is out of control and the coaching staff has lost the respect of the players and fans.

When we turned around the football program we went out and got the best coach in the area who knew our circumstances and let him run the program. Alot of old JC coaches got the ax but needed too and the program is one of the best in the state.

We need to do the same in basketball, hire the best coach from the area who knows the situation and let him run the program. The feeder system needs to be fixed as well. The middle school is not sending players to the high school ready to play and compete.

This is hard talk from a JC fan but is the truth. With the talent JC has they should be winning the region or at least competing for the regional title every year. What we have now is a mess!
Monster man i couldnt agree more with you...this is a bold statement but very true....With the talent JC has each and every year they should very rarely loose in district play

I am also a JC fan but i have to say congrats Magoffin on a deserved victory
Congrats MC!
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a lifelong JC fan but the program is out of control and the coaching staff has lost the respect of the players and fans.

When we turned around the football program we went out and got the best coach in the area who knew our circumstances and let him run the program. Alot of old JC coaches got the ax but needed too and the program is one of the best in the state.

We need to do the same in basketball, hire the best coach from the area who knows the situation and let him run the program. The feeder system needs to be fixed as well. The middle school is not sending players to the high school ready to play and compete.

This is hard talk from a JC fan but is the truth. With the talent JC has they should be winning the region or at least competing for the regional title every year. What we have now is a mess!

Ahh, I dont know. I might have to disagree with the talent statement for this year. I think it's a pretty much of a down year. I really cant see many scoring threats from outside of the foul lane. Except for an occasional 3 coming from Parker, there is just not anybody on the entire team that I would classify as a shooter. There are a bunch of physically punishing bangers underneath on this years team, but personally I dont think that there is very much of what I would refer to as basketball talent at all this year.
Fans like you are what is wrong with JC Monsterman. How long has your coach been there big fella, **** didn't he play in a regional final a year or two ago. Relax and let him coach, it's early!!!!!!!:please:
Thats a very impressive win for Magoffin! Congrats!
Mr.Kimball Wrote:Ahh, I dont know. I might have to disagree with the talent statement for this year. I think it's a pretty much of a down year. I really cant see many scoring threats from outside of the foul lane. Except for an occasional 3 coming from Parker, there is just not anybody on the entire team that I would classify as a shooter. There are a bunch of physically punishing bangers underneath on this years team, but personally I dont think that there is very much of what I would refer to as basketball talent at all this year.

I agree with your post and do not mean to be critcal of the JC program this is just as I see it now.

Your post is exactly what I was trying to say. With the amount of pure atheletic talent on that team why have they not been taught to be shooters and skilled at what they do? Why is their not a shooter on the team? In a school that big is their not a shooter some where? Why can't atheltic players be basketball players?

All the blame does not fall on the high school coaches and some needs to go on down to the middle school. Again I am a JC fan all the way and want to see them do good. I just think a big overall change is needed from top to bottom. Lok what this has done for the football program.

Congrats to MC on a great win.
I believe there is good talent on this team. We may see some good surprises near tourn. time . Could the lack of expected preformance be in someway related to the football program? That's a hard act to follow you know.
MonsterMan Wrote:Your post is exactly what I was trying to say. With the amount of pure atheletic talent on that team why have they not been taught to be shooters and skilled at what they do? Why is their not a shooter on the team? In a school that big is their not a shooter some where? Why can't atheltic players be basketball players?
That's what I don't understand, with all the schools that feed into Johnson County Middle/High School you would think there would have to me some good talent in the mix somewhere.
mr.charlie hustle Wrote:I believe there is good talent on this team. We may see some good surprises near tourn. time . Could the lack of expected preformance be in someway related to the football program? That's a hard act to follow you know.

Other than Parker, not an outside shooter one. Athletes yes, shooters, no.

Can they still do well, come tournament time? Yeah, not saying that at all. Just saying that athletic talent comes more to mind than polished basketball talent.
Congrats to Magoffin Co. Good win!
lol what is wrong with JC??? this is a really bad loss
monster_energy Wrote:lol what is wrong with JC??? this is a really bad loss

ONLY One basketball player and the pitiful coaching staff is what is wrong with JC. Congrats MC.
EYESPYJC Wrote:ONLY One basketball player and the pitiful coaching staff is what is wrong with JC. Congrats MC.
I was really hoping we wouldn't have to put up with your stupid post again this year.Just watch the games cheer for your team and quit posting stupid post.Congrats MC
RIPKIN Wrote:I was really hoping we wouldn't have to put up with your stupid post again this year.Just watch the games cheer for your team and quit posting stupid post.Congrats MC

Dude, if you cant handle my "Stupid" posts....Dont read em...... find something else to do with ur time and shut the .....up. I am not the only one looks like to me,now go and start some ..... with someone else here. Truth hurting you ???
EYESPYJC Wrote:Dude, if you cant handle my "Stupid" posts....Dont read em...... find something else to do with ur time and shut the .....up. I am not the only one looks like to me,now go and start some ..... with someone else here. Truth hurting you ???
Truth:The true or actual state of a matter.Since you don't know what that means I figured I would tell you.Just please quit posting negative remarks on JC threads.If you can't be positive then don't post anything.:dontthink.All you now how to do is down the JC basketball program.By the way my name isn't Dude.
The middle scool has had one down year which was last year(8th grade), the 7th grade team was state runner-up 2 seasons ago JC played Paintsville in region championship and last year got beat by valley in the semifinals in a good game. And now because you lose a game to Mag.and its a mess go watch some other schools play then tell me about it....Let the coach coach.
Big win for the hornets!!!!!!!!!!
Eagle42 Wrote:The middle scool has had one down year which was last year(8th grade), the 7th grade team was state runner-up 2 seasons ago JC played Paintsville in region championship and last year got beat by valley in the semifinals in a good game. And now because you lose a game to Mag.and its a mess go watch some other schools play then tell me about it....Let the coach coach.

Like I said i am a JC fan and want them to do good. I have always agreed with your posts and respect them. What gets me is we can not seem to trasition the Middle School Group to the high school and they are not ready to contribute. Maybe the focus should shift away from worring about putting togather a group at that age to win chamionships and see that more kids play and learn how to compete and contribute at the high school. We have always had great Midle School teams due to our size, but we get too few of them to the high school level to make a difference.
MonsterMan Wrote:I am a lifelong JC fan but the program is out of control and the coaching staff has lost the respect of the players and fans.

First of all, congrats to coach West and the MC Hornets on a well deserved win! You guys played great the 2nd half and DESERVED the win!

Second, I too am a JC supporter and wish well to all sports:Thumbs:

Third, If you want to compare coaches, I think McKenzie has done a better job than Matney the first two years of his tenure. Matney didn't make the playoffs his 1st year, and his second, he got beat @ home in the 1st round of the districts. Before I get yelled @ by all the Matneyietes on here, I love the MAN, and love his style of coaching. Wouldn't trade him for anyone, but MONSTER MAN wanted to compare and I am doing so. McKenzie in his 1st year lost in the regional championship game and his second year lost in the region semi-finals to what most consider the best team in the state.
Sounds like Coach McKenzie is doing pretty good to me.

Finally, I am going out on a limb and saying that this young, JC squad is going to surprise a lot of people this year. I remember another team this year starting out worse than this years team.(FB 0-4, and then went on a run), hopefully this BB team will respond the same way. But I feel if our "LOYAL SUPPORTERS" get on here and post on how bad our staff, athletes, and school is, that we may put negative thoughts in their heads.:igiveup:
Congrats Magoffin
MonsterMan Wrote:Like I said i am a JC fan and want them to do good. I have always agreed with your posts and respect them. What gets me is we can not seem to trasition the Middle School Group to the high school and they are not ready to contribute. Maybe the focus should shift away from worring about putting togather a group at that age to win chamionships and see that more kids play and learn how to compete and contribute at the high school. We have always had great Midle School teams due to our size, but we get too few of them to the high school level to make a difference.

We are starting to see this. The middle school has two 8th grade teams and the 7th grade has two teams this year. They have 10 kids per team and Coach Shepherd coaches a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team and Coach Fairchild coaches a 7th grade team and an 8th grade team. This gives 40 kids a chance to play.
Isn't this the second straight year that Magoffin has beaten JC?

Congrats Hornets!
jchsrulz Wrote:First of all, congrats to coach West and the MC Hornets on a well deserved win! You guys played great the 2nd half and DESERVED the win!

Second, I too am a JC supporter and wish well to all sports:Thumbs:

Third, If you want to compare coaches, I think McKenzie has done a better job than Matney the first two years of his tenure. Matney didn't make the playoffs his 1st year, and his second, he got beat @ home in the 1st round of the districts. Before I get yelled @ by all the Matneyietes on here, I love the MAN, and love his style of coaching. Wouldn't trade him for anyone, but MONSTER MAN wanted to compare and I am doing so. McKenzie in his 1st year lost in the regional championship game and his second year lost in the region semi-finals to what most consider the best team in the state.
Sounds like Coach McKenzie is doing pretty good to me.

Finally, I am going out on a limb and saying that this young, JC squad is going to surprise a lot of people this year. I remember another team this year starting out worse than this years team.(FB 0-4, and then went on a run), hopefully this BB team will respond the same way. But I feel if our "LOYAL SUPPORTERS" get on here and post on how bad our staff, athletes, and school is, that we may put negative thoughts in their heads.:igiveup:

You have some great points and I for the most part agree with you. The football team was in a toal mess when Matney got it and we have owned the District and always have one of the best teams in state in our class, even in a down year.

Tommy came in to a team in much better shape. We always seem to go as Distirct Runner Up and are one or two and done in the Region. We should be much better than that. We are all judged on our performace regardless of who we are or where we came from. I am not bashing any of our great young players or officals. From the way the program has looked the last couple of years I feel an overhaul from top to bottom is needed. These great kids deserve this oppurtunity.

I am a strong JC fan and I know some people will not agree with me, but it is how I feel. Nothing against our coachs. The players, school and fans deserve more.
MonsterMan Wrote:You have some great points and I for the most part agree with you. The football team was in a toal mess when Matney got it and we have owned the District and always have one of the best teams in state in our class, even in a down year.

Tommy came in to a team in much better shape. We always seem to go as Distirct Runner Up and are one or two and done in the Region. We should be much better than that. We are all judged on our performace regardless of who we are or where we came from. I am not bashing any of our great young players or officals. From the way the program has looked the last couple of years I feel an overhaul from top to bottom is needed. These great kids deserve this oppurtunity.

I am a strong JC fan and I know some people will not agree with me, but it is how I feel. Nothing against our coachs. The players, school and fans deserve more.
Somewhat, but I think you may be forgetting that Tommy came into the job just one season removed from the Starns catastrophe year. That was the most embarassing year in the history of Johnson Central basketball, and in my mind the lowest point of the Central program.

I think the biggest problem with Johnson Central basketball is the seemingly endless pipeline of player head cases that a head coach has to deal with. Where it originates and what the solution is, I cant answer that one, but every year it's just another new roster full of attitude problems. Same problem, just new faces. It just never ends. I think a lot of the problem is, is it's just a byproduct of what the game has become. What was once a team sport, has become a sport of selfish street ball prima donnas. This is not a problem that started when Tommy took the job. It existed when Johnny Ray Turner, Les Trimble, and Mark Starnes all were at the helm as well. I'll probably get bashed for this one, but I''ve been around a long long time. It's not fair that Tommy be bashed for something that has existed within the program for a long long time. Here folks is the problem. Fix that,(whatever that solution may be) if you want a successful program.