Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Texas 96 - Arkansas 85
Final!
Fortson is going to help Ark. out alot. Good game but I wish Arkansas could have pulled it out.
Texas is hands down the best team in college basketball. and most deff. the deepest bench in america. i dont see texas losing a regular season game, or big 12 tourney. NCAA tourney is only way they will lose. the big 12 just has nothing for them. they will dominate.
Fortson will make a big difference for the Razorbacks offensively. Texas torched them on the defensive end shooting 59% for the game.
I cant wait til they play kansas.
I really thought Arkansas had a chance early in the 2nd half to keep this tight down the stretch and then have a chance to pull it out
Real Badman Wrote:I cant wait til they play kansas.

they should have their way with KU. Kansas just dont have the depth and size to play with Texas.
Arkansas had a chance to get a huge win tonight for their tournament resume. And yes I believe they have an outside shot of making the tournament if Fortson stays healthy the rest of this season.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:Arkansas had a chance to get a huge win tonight for their tournament resume. And yes I believe they have an outside shot of making the tournament if Fortson stays healthy the rest of this season.
No tournament. NIT would be a GREAT way to end the season. But to get to the NIT they have to go 9-7 or 10-6 in conference. 7-8 wins in conference in absolutely a must though. If they keep this intensity up for every SEC game they can win 7 or 8 I think.
What about them cats! I think UK will be very good by the end of the year and their potential is unreal!
It appears that if John can't recruit some quality players that can stay out of trouble he may have only one more year left as coach at Ark. Hope he gets it turned around soon.
card182011 Wrote:What about them cats! I think UK will be very good by the end of the year and their potential is unreal!

This has nothing to do with the Texas/Arkansas game!
The Hogs play very hard, but they just arent there right now. The suspensions early in the season absolutely crippled the team and their season. I dont see them having a winning record this season, but if they everybody back for next season, I can see a 20 win team. But not this year..I wish them well, I love the Hogs, always have, but this season they just need to focus on getting better. The ingredients are there, definitely. Fortson and Clark are good, and when Sanchez gets healthy, theyll be tough..but I was pleasantly pleased that they played Texas that tough, after losing a heartbreaker to UAB on a last second defensive lapse..
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
catsfan4ever Wrote:Fortson is going to help Ark. out alot. Good game but I wish Arkansas could have pulled it out.

Me too, that way it would make the SEC look better and boost UK's RPI rating after we play Arkansas!
Real Badman Wrote:I cant wait til they play kansas.

Texas should win that one and prove to everybody in America that Kansas is NOT the #1 team in the nation!!
Panther Thunder Wrote:No tournament. NIT would be a GREAT way to end the season. But to get to the NIT they have to go 9-7 or 10-6 in conference. 7-8 wins in conference in absolutely a must though. If they keep this intensity up for every SEC game they can win 7 or 8 I think.

Good point. But there is just something about the way they played last night when Fortson was on the floor that makes me believe they could make a good run in the SEC.
memphistiger Wrote:Texas is hands down the best team in college basketball. and most deff. the deepest bench in america. i dont see texas losing a regular season game, or big 12 tourney. NCAA tourney is only way they will lose. the big 12 just has nothing for them. they will dominate.

I have to disagree with you. It was the first full game of Texas that I watched, but I was not overly impressed. Center played great, but the rest of the team looked good, not great. I thought they played fair defense at best, the guard from ARK blew past Texas defense all night.
sstack Wrote:I have to disagree with you. It was the first full game of Texas that I watched, but I was not overly impressed. Center played great, but the rest of the team looked good, not great. I thought they played fair defense at best, the guard from ARK blew past Texas defense all night.

I have watched Texas play five times this year, they are the most complete team in the nation. They should be #1 over KU