Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly 4 players leaving for NBA draft?
Stock has risen for both DeMarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe over the past month or so. We all knew Wall and Patterson were locks, but now Cousins and Bledsoe look like potential 1st rounders. A draft service even said Bledsoe is the #2 point guard prospect, behind teammate Wall.

Cal better be getting those recruits to commit soon or hopefully he knows something we do not.
Possibly losing 7 players this year and only 1 player is committed. Not looking too bright right now, gotta give it some time I guess.
BlackcatAlum Wrote:Stock has risen for both DeMarcus Cousins and Eric Bledsoe over the past month or so. We all knew Wall and Patterson were locks, but now Cousins and Bledsoe look like potential 1st rounders. A draft service even said Bledsoe is the #2 point guard prospect, behind teammate Wall.

Cal better be getting those recruits to commit soon or hopefully he knows something we do not.

Most UK fans will say "he needs to come back for another year", "he isn't ready", or "if he comes back next year he will definitely be a lottery pick". One very important thing people need to remember is Bledsoe is not from the best financial background. I would be very suprised that if Bledsoe gets a firm projection that he will be a 1st Round pick that he will not go.

PC_You_Know Wrote:Possibly losing 7 players this year and only 1 player is committed. Not looking too bright right now, gotta give it some time I guess.

Calipari is in VERY good position to land the #1 class in the Nation again if all that playing time frees up. If Bledsoe and Wall go to the NBA you might as well pencil Brandon Knight in as UK's PG next year, he is the #1 player in the country. Additionally, UK is IMO the leader for 5* F CJ Leslie, and the immediate playing time would be a huge bullet to potentially land 5* SG Doron Lamb.

Let alone the fact that UK is still in very good position with 5* Josh Selby and 5* F Terrence Jones.
Bledsoe the #2 point guard??? Of late, he's not even the #2 PG for the Cats. Liggins is who has ran the Point when Wall goes out.
i always thought cousins, wall and patterson were locks to leave. bledsoe i thought would be here 1 more year to get out from under walls shadow. of course with the way he has played through out the season and depending how well he does the rest of the way he could go as well.
I think that they all stay except patterson!!i think if they win the championship this year wall goes along with cousins..but i dont think they will and they will stay on the exception of PPAT
PC_You_Know Wrote:Possibly losing 7 players this year and only 1 player is committed. Not looking too bright right now, gotta give it some time I guess.

A lot of your big name recruits aren't going to commit and sign right away. They're going to wait and see what happens - who goes in the draft, who stays, etc.

That's why we're not seeing much right now. If Wall or Bledsoe stay, yes it could potentially hurt us in recruiting (not that it'd really "hurt" us because both are amazing and would continue to be amazing next year), but if both go, that just opens more doors for the recruits.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
like brandon knight!!
theVILLE Wrote:I think that they all stay except patterson!!i think if they win the championship this year wall goes along with cousins..but i dont think they will and they will stay on the exception of PPAT

No way is Wall staying. Bledsoe I can see, but Wall has the opportunity to make millions of dollars by leaving UK at the end of the year, there is no way he would stay.

You can go to college and get an education any time nowadays, but to pass up a chance at making millions of dollars would be stupid. That'd be like hitting the Powerball jackpot and saying, "Nah, I don't want the money this time, let me see if I can hit the Powerball again next year."
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
good point but hansbrough, lawson, green, elington all stayed to win the championship...I really think if they dont go to the final four this year that cousins and possibly wall stay
ComfortEagle Wrote:No way is Wall staying. Bledsoe I can see, but Wall has the opportunity to make millions of dollars by leaving UK at the end of the year, there is no way he would stay.

You can go to college and get an education any time nowadays, but to pass up a chance at making millions of dollars would be stupid. That'd be like hitting the Powerball jackpot and saying, "Nah, I don't want the money this time, let me see if I can hit the Powerball again next year."

CE, I agree with you completely. My son has been hopeful that Wall stays because of his promise to get a Degree to his father. I explained to my son, Lebron has his college degree, and never played a single play of college Basketball. Meaning, these guys (Including Garnett, Wade and Kobe) have all did their education remotely and received college degrees without having to be a regular student. If I am not mistaken, Kobe may had a Masters degree in laguage arts.

So, Wall can still get his degree if he is committed to do so but claim the pay that this young man has worked so hard for through the first 13 years of education. He does not need to risk his health on one dumb play that could take his livelihood away.

I think if people asked themselves this question: If the NBA accepted High School players to enter the draft immediately, which of these UK Frosh would have even came to UK? I'm not sure that Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton or Dodson would have considered anything other than the NBA.

If we recall what was happening during the final years of the NBA allowing HS players to come directly in, they were averaging 20+ HS players per year declaring for the draft. With only two rounds, only 4-5 players were getting drafted and the other 15 or so players were becoming undrafted Free Agents that wound up without a Pro or Colloge Career.
Stardust Wrote:CE, I agree with you completely. My son has been hopeful that Wall stays because of his promise to get a Degree to his father. I explained to my son, Lebron has his college degree, and never played a single play of college Basketball. Meaning, these guys (Including Garnett, Wade and Kobe) have all did their education remotely and received college degrees without having to be a regular student. If I am not mistaken, Kobe may had a Masters degree in laguage arts.

So, Wall can still get his degree if he is committed to do so but claim the pay that this young man has worked so hard for through the first 13 years of education. He does not need to risk his health on one dumb play that could take his livelihood away.

I think if people asked themselves this question: If the NBA accepted High School players to enter the draft immediately, which of these UK Frosh would have even came to UK? I'm not sure that Wall, Cousins, Bledsoe, Orton or Dodson would have considered anything other than the NBA.

If we recall what was happening during the final years of the NBA allowing HS players to come directly in, they were averaging 20+ HS players per year declaring for the draft. With only two rounds, only 4-5 players were getting drafted and the other 15 or so players were becoming undrafted Free Agents that wound up without a Pro or Colloge Career.

Sophomore.
Agree SD..but i think they have a mission to win a championship and i dont see that happening this year
PC_You_Know Wrote:Sophomore.

Yep, good correction
theVILLE Wrote:Agree SD..but i think they have a mission to win a championship and i dont see that happening this year

Not if they could have gone straight to the NBA, which was my argument. I think these guy's mission would have been NBA championship if they didn't have to play a year of college
Losing definitely 6 maybe 7 players, I'm sure we will have another top recruiting class for the defending National Champs. Rumor has it Patrick may stay another year, WOW.
Kentucky will NOT get Terrence Jones out of the Northwest, he will end up at Washington if he qualifies. I think that Kentucky signs the following:

Knight 5*
Leslie 5*
Lamb 5*
Poole 4*
#1 JUCO

Patterson comes back along with Cousins and Bledsoe
I hope many of them go. That only helps in recruiting.

Imagine if Coach could say, "I know that the #1 and #2 recruits in the country are coming to UK, BUT we had 3 freshmen drafted in the 1st round this year, who says that you, the #29 player can't do the same?"

Catch my point? With a potential draft class like this one from UK, it may open the doors to players that normally would not come because of playing time concerns, may come anyway because of the National attention that a player like a John Wall or a Brandon Knight would bring and their ability to make the players around them better.
Sounds like on KSR Bledsoe is being reported as a top 12 pick by two NBA GM's. I can't see him coming back if he keeps looking this good the rest of the season. We could see a new backcourt every year from here on out at UK.

And Navajo, Patterson is graduating, he's not going to come back just to play ball, you imagine how boring that would be to have nothing to do other than wait around for practice?He's going to go get paid. Patterson obviously isn't a bad guy and won't be the person going out clubbing like other people would do in Lexington who have nothing else to do. Patterson shouldn't have came back this season, let alone do it again. Be lucky he was here this year.
Navajo4life Wrote:Kentucky will NOT get Terrence Jones out of the Northwest, he will end up at Washington if he qualifies. I think that Kentucky signs the following:

Knight 5*
Leslie 5*
Lamb 5*
Poole 4*
#1 JUCO

Patterson comes back along with Cousins and Bledsoe

PP is leaving man...he has no reason to stay.
i dont think that bledsoe and cousins is really ready for the nba but you know how that goes money can buy anything..lol
I think Eric and DeMarcus both need one more year of college.