Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No squirrels in EKY
I havent seen many squirrels in the mountains this year.
My grandpa said this is the first year since he can remember that he didnt kill one.
You haven't seen any because they are all at UK terrorizing students.
Haha, yea I think you're right about that. Maybe I'll pack some up next time I go home.
I've seen a few.
I've seen some too.. my friends killed some also
I've killed 3, but i only went twice.
My dog (jasper) killed a few! .(before he got killed) He liked to snack on squirrels!
I snacked on a squirrel one time. After I chased it up the tree. Little buger started throwing nuts at me, so I lunged after it and ate it. Ok so maybe I lied.. But fried squirrel does taste like bacon.
My friends and i have killed alot of squacks this yea i uess we killed around 100 between us but we wnt alot.......... i went a few times with Blackcat and we killed some also...... so there is alot of squacks but u just ahve to know where to find them .....
"4leaf" Wrote:I havent seen many squirrels in the mountains this year.
My grandpa said this is the first year since he can remember that he didnt kill one.

I've heard of the same problem............ not as many as usual!
I saw a story on the news about this a few months ago. They stated it was due to the late freeze we had last spring. Caused the nuts to have a low yield which resulted in squirrels not having food and caused a large number to die.
Thats what one man told me catdawg. But by the smell of his breath and the state he was in, I wasn't sure if he had any idea what he was talkin about.
LOL!
The squirrels werent near as plentiful this year but between me and nothin but net we killed close to 100....but thats goin about 20 to 30 times
i think alot of the problem was due to the small mast crop of nuts
i killed around 35 this year and my dad killed around 70
the squirrels are down this year, i only killed 10 or 15, my dog only treed 5 or 6, there werent any acorns
lol i have got a pet squirrel here at my appartment. he comes to my front door 3 times a week. comes in gets drunk and leaves.. i tell him he shouldn't drink and climb but he dont listen.
Anyone killed any squirrels yet this season???
"Vincent Vega" Wrote:lol i have got a pet squirrel here at my appartment. he comes to my front door 3 times a week. comes in gets drunk and leaves.. i tell him he shouldn't drink and climb but he dont listen.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
i agree with nbn you just have to know where to go i've killed about 20 or 25 an i haven't had a lot of time to go
I've been a couple of times and havent really saw that many.
Yea not many around this year, i usually se about 10 or 15 a week in my back yard and this year none.
"ComfortEagle" Wrote:You haven't seen any because they are all at UK terrorizing students.

They are getting an education at Marshall also!
i killed 12 ....if u kill them around the white house u get shot at hell there suppost to protect me ... every time id shoot chaney would have a heart attack
I've only killed 1 this year.
I killed about 13 this year
ive havent killed any, but ive only been twice....i think there has definatly been a decline in squirrel this year.
I have only been twice but didnt see any either time. I bow hunted several times during the season and didnt see any then either. I really didnt start seeing squirrels until rifle season came along. I always heard there wont be many squirrels if you had alot the year befor, that was true for this season.
I killed 5 this season
i would say not to many are arround they keep the woods on fire here