Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rank the 15th Region
How would you rank the 15th region as of right now?
1)Magoffin (8-1) all alone at the top. Quality wins against Eastern, Shelby Valley, Breathitt Co, Paintsville, Rowan Co, and Rose Hill. Lone loss to Newport Central Catholic.

2)Belfry (7-1) Beat Valley and Clark Co. Lost to Johnson Central
3)Pike Central (5-2) Beat East Ridge and Valley. Lost to Letcher and Clay Co
4)Paintsville (6-2) Lost to Magoffin and Lincoln Co
5)Shelby Valley (5-4) Beat East Ridge. Lost to Pike Central, Letcher, Magoffin, and Belfry.

Valley gets #5 because of the schedule
1. Magoffin (high above the rest.)

:graduate:

2. Belfry
3. Paintsville
4. Shelby Valley
5. J. Central
"shoot4it" Wrote:1. Magoffin (high above the rest.)

2. Belfry
3. Paintsville
4. Shelby Valley
5. J. Central

i agree with ya
*1. Magoffin County (8-2) (until someone knocks them off, not in the near future though, and one of the toughest schedules in high scool history)
*2. Paintsville (5-2) (agressive and good shooting players)
*3. Belfry (7-1) (I dont know much about this team, but they do play hard)
*4.. Jhonson Central (6-5) (Good physcial team)
*5. Shelby Valley (5-4) (good, but slow team)
*6. Pike County Central (5-2) (very skilled but easy schedule)
*7. Sheldon Clark (6-4) (Kinda easy schedule and not a very good shooting team)
*8.. Prestonsburg (3-5) (I don't know much about this team but they lost by at least 10 points on every loss)
*9.. East Ridge (3-4) (I don't know much about this team but, 3 of 4 losses by very large margins)
*10. Phelps (3-2) (I don't know this team at all, this is going based on record)
*11. Allen Central (2-9) (Not very physcial)
*12.. South Floyd (1-5) (not very many good shooting players)
*13. Betsy Lane (0-6) (I dont know much about this team, but all losses but 1 was by a large margin)
*14. Lawerence County (0-6) (very tall and kinda of tough, and they are schedule new comers to the 57th district)
*15. Pikeville (1-6) (Good rebounder on team, has won 1 game by 7 points)
*16. Piarists (0-7) (Very easy schedule and they havent got over 37 points this season)
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:*1. Magoffin County (8-2) (until someone knocks them off, not in the near future though, and one of the toughest schedules in high scool history)
*8.. Prestonsburg (3-5) (I don't know much about this team but they lost by at least 10 points on every loss)
*9.. East Ridge (3-4) (I don't know much about this team but, 3 of 4 losses by very large margins)
*10. Phelps (3-2) (I don't know this team at all, this is going based on record)
*13. Betsy Lane (0-6) (I dont know much about this team, but all losses but 1 was by a large margin)
*14. Lawerence County (0-6) (very tall and kinda of tough, and they are schedule new comers to the 57th district)
*16. Piarists (0-7) (Very easy schedule and they havent got over 37 points this season)

Beg to differ on what you said about Pike Central have you looked at their schedule here go look at it the only team that has a tougher schedule IMO is Goffin...http://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/kh...tion_name=

My top 5 would be

Magoffin-No one can touch them right now
Belfry-Really good and young ball team tough district tough
Paintsville-Another tough ball club can't to see them play PC
Johnson Central-Had a rocky start in the Lady Hawks tourny have regrouped well
Pike Central-Young ball team hasn't really made an upset happen will be great down the stretch...
yes i have looked at their schedule, its a whole lot easier than a few i've seen
have you looked at who all is in the tournaments...
Quote:have you looked at who all is in the tournaments...

yep,
Magoffin County
Paintsville
Belfry
Johnson Central
Pike County Central
Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark
East Ridge
Prestonsburg
Phelps
Allen Central
South Floyd
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
Lawerence County
Piarist
"All_Sport#1" Wrote:*1. Magoffin County (8-2) (until someone knocks them off, not in the near future though, and one of the toughest schedules in high scool history)

Shelby Valley is anything but a slow team... in fact... their ability to run up and down the floor is one of their major strengths.
I have to agree with Dork on this one...Valley has a good team this year in conditioning. They aren't that slow. Sally Roberts is one of the fastest players in the 15th. And they have other players than her that are pretty fast also.
Salley is prob the fastest person in the 15th she made state track when she was in either the 7th or 8th grade and if im not mistaken she placed...I know she made finals...
Magoffin Co. and Belfry
It could go either way. Depends on who shows up to play.
I think magoffin has put distance between #1 and #2. But Belfry has put distance between #2 and #3.

1)Magoffin

2)Belfry

3)Pike Central
4)Paintsville
5)Shelby Valley
Magoffin County
Belfry
Paintsville
Johnson Central
Pike County Central
Shelby Valley
Sheldon Clark
East Ridge
Prestonsburg
Phelps
Allen Central
Betsy Layne
Pikeville
South floyd
Lawerence County
Piarist
1. Magoffin County
2. Belfry
3. Paintsville
4. Pike Central
5. Johnson Central
6. East Ridge
Quote:Salley is prob the fastest person in the 15th she made state track when she was in either the 7th or 8th grade and if im not mistaken she placed...I know she made finals...

Congrats.....!!!
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Salley is prob the fastest person in the 15th she made state track when she was in either the 7th or 8th grade and if im not mistaken she placed...I know she made finals...

I'd have to differ with that I would say Bree Frazier is the quickest in the 15 th, the relay team she is on went to state
Sally went to state in I know three events, placing 4th (if I remember correctly) in the state in one of the sprinting events. Sally is that fastest in the 15th....
I've seen every team play... and I have seen anyone that could beat her up the floor yet.
"The Dork" Wrote:Sally went to state in I know three events, placing 4th (if I remember correctly) in the state in one of the sprinting events. Sally is that fastest in the 15th....
I've seen every team play... and I have seen anyone that could beat her up the floor yet.

Event 5 Girls 100 Meter Dash AA
=====================================================================================
Name Year School Prelims Finals Wind Points
=====================================================================================
Finals
1 Diamonde Jones 12 Franklin Simpson 13.14 12.62 -0.3 10
2 Ehi Akojie 11 Paducah Tilghman 13.08 12.89 -0.3 8
3 Itoro Okpokho 11 Lex. Catholic 13.12 12.96 -0.3 6
4 Bree Frazier 10 Lawrence County 12.99 12.99 -0.3 5

Event 7 Girls 4x200 Meter Relay AA
================================================================================
School Prelims Finals Points
================================================================================
Finals
1 Lawrence County 1:47.43 1:47.39 10
1) Bree Frazier 10 2) Lynden O'Brian 10
3) Jenna Kelly 09 4) Hilary Laney 08

Event 11 Girls 4x100 Meter Relay AA
School Prelims Finals Points
Finals
1 Paducah Tilghman 50.08 49.78 10
1) Keri Barlow 12 2) Chelsea Overstreet 10
3) Saundria Sims 09 4) Danielle Burbage 11
2 Lawrence County 51.94 52.01 8
1) Bree Frazier 10 2) Lynden O'Brian 10
3) Jenna Kelly 09 4) Hilary Laney 08
well congrats to her i wasnt aware of this where Lawrence just entered the 15th either way both players are extremly fast lol...
no problem it's not the first time LC has been forgotten about in the 15th will take some time to get used to
yeah agreed sorry though...didn't even know they had a track team lol...never did run against them...
Lawrence Counties Girls Track Team Finished 5th In The State Last Year. Two Years In A Row Their Relay Team Have Been State Champs. Lawrence County Has Really Quick Guards In Frazier, Meddings, Bowens, Schaffer, And Upcoming Guards As Well. They Have Just Been Plaqued With Sickness, Late-comers, And Other Problems So Far This Year. Getting A Slow Start But Hopefully Will Finish The Season Strong.
I agree with ya shoot4it Magoffin is way above the rest.
:ref1:
"shoot4it" Wrote:1. Magoffin (high above the rest.)

2. Belfry
3. Paintsville
4. Shelby Valley
5. J. Central
"sportwhiz" Wrote:I think magoffin has put distance between #1 and #2. But Belfry has put distance between #2 and #3.

1)Magoffin

2)Belfry

3)Pike Central
4)Paintsville
5)Shelby Valley

Christian County is a good win and the Lady Pirates deserve credit for that one; however, one game does not seperate them from everyone except Magoffin. This region is going to be nip-and-tuck the whole regular season and on into the post-season. Good luck to all of the competitors.
"WeisGuy" Wrote:Christian County is a good win and the Lady Pirates deserve credit for that one; however, one game does not seperate them from everyone except Magoffin. This region is going to be nip-and-tuck the whole regular season and on into the post-season. Good luck to all of the competitors.

Maybe, but considering sportwhiz says that Belfry has put a difference between #2 and #3 and has Pike Central ranked at #3, I'd say he is right.
south floyd is pretty good they should be higher
"sf_football" Wrote:south floyd is pretty good they should be higher