Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson and Lowe leave Central!!!
Hulk was right Paige Lowe and Kayla Johnson both have now withdrawed from Pike Central to go where...No where other than Phelps to join Coleman and Slone...Oh the irony...Word has it that McCoy is not going to release either player...To continue this story Johnson's father called the school saying he was withdrawing Kayla to take her to Phelps and said he wanted to leave on good terms...To go along with this he as well asked if he could take Paige with them...So there it is sorry for saying you was wrong there Hulk...I know for a fact this is true it came from *****er's mouth...His quote on this was "If they want to go let them go"...
Well now! Dang.

Best of luck to the girls, I would say that they won't be on good terms with the school anymore and that could cause some trouble.
It seems like there is always something like this going on at Pike Central.. but best of luck to the girls and to the Lady Hawks after the loss of the 2 players
I don't know about Johnson, but Lowe isn't going to Phelps. That was the initial idea. But she isn't going there now.
Why is Johnson switching schools again???

She left Valley to go to Pike Central.
Now after just one semester she's going to Phelps???
What's going on?
Will they be eligible to play at Phelps?
I don't know about Johnson I havn't really heard anything about her. But I do know that Paige Lowe is not going to Phelps, but she isn't staying at Pike Central.
Isn't there a rule that they aren't eligible to play this year??? At least that's what I thought? I thought there was like a year waiting period... maybe I'm wrong?
I don't know, I thought that too, but apparently we are wrong.
If the KHSAA approves it, they can play anywhere at anytime.
he is right
this may spell trouble for pcc because in every thread ive read about them included these girls hmmmm YES!!! but gl the rest of the season
How did Kim Coleman remain eligible after transferring to Phelps???
"Dream_Weaver" Wrote:How did Kim Coleman remain eligible after transferring to Phelps???
A legitimate change of residence allows a transfer without sitting out.
Yeah I just learned that...haha
Sometimes these moves are not really legal. They get a(legal) address but after a while never stay there, but mail goes there.

Not really fair to other teams when players can jump from school to school. KHSAA should vote no on this one.
Coleman actually lived in the Phepls district all along so there wasn't really a change of address...Johnson nor Lowe will be able to play either way b/c due to McCoy is not going to sign the papers to release the players which in return means they will have to sit out the season even if ONLY a change of addy was needed...But i think that either way they would not be alowed b/c where they had already played games for PC this season...I didn't know that Lowe is no longer going to phelps that is just was Butcher has told...There is to much contoversy surrounding PC i'm curious to see if this will damper their season...But good luck to PC...and im really disappointed in both players...But oh well good luck where ever you go...
I think a player should be happy where they play. If this makes them happy, what's the problem?
I just think it is ridiculous on Johnson's part to transfer twice in one semester...I'm sorry if you think that is stupied but if a player was to come to play for me after transfering twice in one semester how could you in the up coming year put them on your starting 5 if she makes it considering wouldn't you have that fear that she would leave you for another school and that would just bust the whole chemistry of the team...But thats my opinion...
I really don't know much on Johnson, but as for Lowe, let her go. She has done nothing but cause the team some kinds of problems this year. According to a reliable source, it seems the attitude of the team as a whole is a lot better and more enjoyable since Lowe has left. Like I have said before, if a player quits once like she did at the beginning of the year, she should have never been let to come back even with punishment. I see great things happening for the girls at PC and wish them the best of luck throughout the rest of the season.
well...paige is going to betsy layne
Kayla Johnson is saying phelps bribed her to come play for them by offering her a two story apartment and a car
Well, I think that it might be somewhat illegal to offer her an apartment and a car. That is just my thoughts though.
Well the question I have is who offered her a apartment and a car??? I know that they are from phelps but just exactly who??/
lol Coleman was promised a car and she never got it to my knowlege lol...and 15th their attitude on that team has changed ALOT they seem so much happier now that the distractions are gone now they can actually concentrate on a game...Instead of worring well who isnt going to show up to practice today...
I wish the team best of luck. There seems to always be something going on at PC.
I would think the players would have to sit our for 1 year if they didn't move. If they moved
they will be eligible won't they?
I wasn't wrong I was right. Thank you man.

"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Hulk was right Paige Lowe and Kayla Johnson both have now withdrawed from Pike Central to go where...No where other than Phelps to join Coleman and Slone...Oh the irony...Word has it that McCoy is not going to release either player...To continue this story Johnson's father called the school saying he was withdrawing Kayla to take her to Phelps and said he wanted to leave on good terms...To go along with this he as well asked if he could take Paige with them...So there it is sorry for saying you was wrong there Hulk...I know for a fact this is true it came from *****er's mouth...His quote on this was "If they want to go let them go"...
Kitty to answer your question no they would not...McCoy did not release them...

and your welcome Hulk
"15thRegionSlamaBamma" Wrote:Kitty to answer your question no they would not...McCoy did not release them...

and your welcome Hulk

Also--it doesn't matter if they are released or not. This decision ultimately lies in the hands of the KHSAA. As I stated in another thread--a "bonafide" change of address DOES NOT GUARANTEE ELIGIBILITY. (SEE HIGHLANDS/MICHAEL MITCHELL).

If the KHSAA feels like either one of these girls has moved for athletic reasons (even if it is a small reason)--they sit for a year. Even with a "release" (which actually has nothing to do with athletics--it has to do with KEA student funding--which schools can release to "receiving school") these girls sit for 1 year.

Also, if one of these girls is actually going around saying that she was offered an apartment and a car--I wouldn't look at the school--I would feel sorry for her. It is obvious that she is trying to draw attention to her self for whatever reason. That is probably why she continues to move from school to school--hoping that she finds a place where people are excited about her attendance.

Schools/adminstrators are a little smarter than that. This isn't the NFL. Phelps would risk being kicked out of the KHSAA, losing all sports, a fine that they probably couldn't afford and would most likely lose KEA certification.
Not to mention the fact that the community would treat the school as a complete outcast.

The KHSAA rule book is very accessable. For any of you that actually believe that either one of these girls is going to play--just take a couple minutes and check it out--it will put your mind at ease.
"KentuckyHillBilly5321" Wrote:Also--it doesn't matter if they are released or not. This decision ultimately lies in the hands of the KHSAA. As I stated in another thread--a "bonafide" change of address DOES NOT GUARANTEE ELIGIBILITY. (SEE HIGHLANDS/MICHAEL MITCHELL).

If the KHSAA feels like either one of these girls has moved for athletic reasons (even if it is a small reason)--they sit for a year. Even with a "release" (which actually has nothing to do with athletics--it has to do with KEA student funding--which schools can release to "receiving school") these girls sit for 1 year.

Also, if one of these girls is actually going around saying that she was offered an apartment and a car--I wouldn't look at the school--I would feel sorry for her. It is obvious that she is trying to draw attention to her self for whatever reason. That is probably why she continues to move from school to school--hoping that she finds a place where people are excited about her attendance.

Schools/adminstrators are a little smarter than that. This isn't the NFL. Phelps would risk being kicked out of the KHSAA, losing all sports, a fine that they probably couldn't afford and would most likely lose KEA certification.
Not to mention the fact that the community would treat the school as a complete outcast.

The KHSAA rule book is very accessable. For any of you that actually believe that either one of these girls is going to play--just take a couple minutes and check it out--it will put your mind at ease.

Exactly right. One is NOT guaranteed eligibility just because they changed addresses.
All posters need to be careful making accusations of a school recruiting.