Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Belfry Football 2005
I think we will get a slow start, but should be rolling by mid-season. We are very youg, but still have some good players returning from last years team. I have a good feeling about this season...I am looking foward to it....Rumor has it, there are going to be a few suprises associated with the Pirates....Stay Tuned !
I don't think belfry will make a run at region championship next year>>>>>
I don't think there is a 2A team in the state that can beat Belfry next year. Even losing the best backfield in the history of the state won't hurt the Pirates in 2005!
Fletch Wrote:I don't think there is a 2A team in the state that can beat Belfry next year. Even losing the best backfield in the history of the state won't hurt the Pirates in 2005!

Belfry are proven winners! Well coached team.. I think they will struggle some early but finish strong..
Fletch Wrote:I don't think there is a 2A team in the state that can beat Belfry next year. Even losing the best backfield in the history of the state won't hurt the Pirates in 2005!

(Edited for content)
(This post has been edited for content)

I wonder if the Pirates will lose their homefield advantage next year since basically every home game will be a "road" game, since they are new to the digs as their opponents will be.
1st Warning. Keep it civil or the thread will be closed. No bashing or taunting will be tolerated !

Posted Sun Jan 23, 2005 8:01 pm:

Bump
I think that the Belfry Pirates will come into this season not really bad but no where as good as they have had the past 2 years it is a rebuilding year for them it will possibly take 1 to 2 years maybe or less but i dont see them gettin into the region championship since they lost Howard and Jones. Since Belfry lost there backfield does this mean they will be a passing team this year or who do they have reaturning next year in the backfield. Any 40 times on them.
Belfry will be about as good as they were in 02', not great, but an ok team
Belfry will be about as good as they were in 02', not great, but an ok team

Belfry was better that year than they were the 03 and 04 they just got beat by a very good team
The FOTM is Belfry is done for a few years....they have some young talent yes.......but ive never seen a team deal with a loss as valuble as The Howard/Jones Experience
It seems as if all of the good teams in the region have lost several good athletes, so its very possible that Belfry can repeat in winning their district and region, but from what I have heard from a few sources that claim Leslie county should have a really tough football team next season.
Well, I see it this way.

Belfry, Prestonsburg & Breathitt had heavy losses to graduation, The Regional Title will be back up in the air again next season. As far as going to State, I don't see either of the 3 going......

I
Stunt101 Wrote:Belfry will be about as good as they were in 02', not great, but an ok team

Belfry was better that year than they were the 03 and 04 they just got beat by a very good team

Belfry was in no way better in '02 than they were in '03 or '04.

Most of the guys on th e'03 team were starters and the focal points of the team in '02, with the exception of Jonah Caudill.

Let me guess....You played on the '02 team, but not the others?????