Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
2011 LC team vs. 2008 LC team
The dawgs have had great teams for sometime now,
in 2008 they was state runners up and was led by a very very talented senior class, this 2011 season they have another team loaded down with senior talent.

So my question is...

Is this years team better than the 2008 team?
and whats the odds at a state championship?
SweetTea Wrote:The dawgs have had great teams for sometime now,
in 2008 they was state runners up and was led by a very very talented senior class, this 2010 season they have another team loaded down with senior talent.

So my question is...

It takes a lot to win a state championship.
Honestly i believe the '08 team was loaded with more talent. However, PRP looked like a pro team in the state championship.
best of luck
Both teams have great senior talent.
08' team had excellent hitting while the 10' teams has a great pitching crew.
I believe if they battled it out with the 10' Shep pitching the 10' team would take it.
dawgbyte02 Wrote:It takes a lot to win a state championship.

I agree.

The odds this year are just as good as they have been for the past 3 years.
Region will be tough this year for the dogs. But i believe their pitching can take them far.
Honestly. the 2008 team was loaded with talent. shepherd michael cyrus were great pitchers like the 2010 team which has shepherd moore burton and even banks. but the sticks in 2008 were great. if banks and shepherd have a year like they had last year with banks hitting over 350. shep over.500 and then compton rice balaklaw and daniels coming through with the bats the team should be just as good and get back to applebees!
9-POINT Wrote:Honestly i believe the '08 team was loaded with more talent. However, PRP looked like a pro team in the state championship.
best of luck
You have to remember that the 08 PRP team as twelve year olds won the Little League World Series.
Before I start making comparisons, I would like to clarify that the 2010 Lawrence County has already played its season, and we are comparing the 2011 Bulldogs to the 2008 Bulldogs.

In 2010, LC's regular season record was 21-13 with an overall record of 24-15. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 33-25 and lost in the 15th Regional Championship to Pikeville 5-12. This was when Shepherd, Banks, Burton, Cline, etc. were Juniors. LC graduated Seniors Jordan Miller, Shane Pack, Josh Mills, Ethan Parsons, Cody Kelly, and Austin Porter. Most Seniors played everyday positions on that team.

In 2007, LC's regular season record was 24-10 with an overall record of 29-11. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 46-11 and lost in the 15th Regional Championship to Johnson Central 2-4. This was when Cyrus, Hayes, Laney, Michael, and Kingsmore were Juniors. LC graduated only Morgan Roberts who was an everyday started and key pitcher for this team.

In 2008, LC's regular season record was 23-7 with an overall record of 32-8. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 93-13 and lost to PRP 1-4 in the State Championship game.

From 2007 to 2008 LC got significantly better and it showed especially in the postseason. Also, all 5 seniors got scholarships to play at the next level. All I am doing is laying out the facts before somebody says which team is better than the other. I sincerely hope that this years team can get better also, and take care of business, and all of their seniors get scholarships at the next level.
SweetTea Wrote:The dawgs have had great teams for sometime now,
in 2008 they was state runners up and was led by a very very talented senior class, this 2010 season they have another team loaded down with senior talent.

So my question is...

I MEANT 2011***
this years team. sorry typo
House of Pain Wrote:Before I start making comparisons, I would like to clarify that the 2010 Lawrence County has already played its season, and we are comparing the 2011 Bulldogs to the 2008 Bulldogs.

In 2010, LC's regular season record was 21-13 with an overall record of 24-15. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 33-25 and lost in the 15th Regional Championship to Pikeville 5-12. This was when Shepherd, Banks, Burton, Cline, etc. were Juniors. LC graduated Seniors Jordan Miller, Shane Pack, Josh Mills, Ethan Parsons, Cody Kelly, and Austin Porter. Most Seniors played everyday positions on that team.

In 2007, LC's regular season record was 24-10 with an overall record of 29-11. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 46-11 and lost in the 15th Regional Championship to Johnson Central 2-4. This was when Cyrus, Hayes, Laney, Michael, and Kingsmore were Juniors. LC graduated only Morgan Roberts who was an everyday started and key pitcher for this team.

In 2008, LC's regular season record was 23-7 with an overall record of 32-8. They outscored their opponents in the postseason 93-13 and lost to PRP 1-4 in the State Championship game.

From 2007 to 2008 LC got significantly better and it showed especially in the postseason. Also, all 5 seniors got scholarships to play at the next level. All I am doing is laying out the facts before somebody says which team is better than the other. I sincerely hope that this years team can get better also, and take care of business, and all of their seniors get scholarships at the next level.

:Clap:
great post.
2008 team was ELITE, and loaded with talent just like this team we have this year.
I understand that LC is stacked, but will they be the best in the mountains?? I would love to see them and Clay play a home and away this year.
I agree, that would be a great home-home matchup. In 2008 LC played Clay at Hazard, which was a close 3-0 game. I was impressed with them at that time and would love to see that series happen.
House of Pain Wrote:I agree, that would be a great home-home matchup. In 2008 LC played Clay at Hazard, which was a close 3-0 game. I was impressed with them at that time and would love to see that series happen.
That was an unbelieveable game. Field conditions were horrible, but both teams were lights out. Clay's cathcer struggled behind the plate that day and gave up 2 runs on 2 passed balls with 2 outs. Clay is loaded this year. They lost 2 kids from last year's state tournament team, but they add a senior that will be a huge bonus. I think them and LC both have legit shots at being elite teams this year.
Hit and Run Wrote:That was an unbelieveable game. Field conditions were horrible, but both teams were lights out. Clay's cathcer struggled behind the plate that day and gave up 2 runs on 2 passed balls with 2 outs. Clay is loaded this year. They lost 2 kids from last year's state tournament team, but they add a senior that will be a huge bonus. I think them and LC both have legit shots at being elite teams this year.

I have to agree, but will clay have the pitching LC does?

In my honest unbiased opinion I would say LC is the best in eastern KY.

They have Shep back and everyone else has grown and matured.

I'm not sure about LC's schedule but I'll let you know if Clay is on it and goodluck to them this season.
Pitching will be Clay's strength. McDaniel and Griffin are 2 of the best around, and Smith has worked hard this off season to get better. With Wilson on the back end closing games, it seems like a very good staff. I don't think they scheduled this year. I would love to see that game though.
The greatest difference between the 2008 team and the 2011 team is that the 2008 team played as a TEAM. The greatest hurdle the 2011 boys have to face is to quit worrying about individual accomplisments and play as a team. If they can do this the sky is the limit. Team above all.
OffTheHook Wrote:You know. LC has a good team this season no doubt. BUT, the way a few of you have got on EVERY baseball thread (and ruined them, I might add) and bragged and bragged and bragged. Don't be surprised that all this narcissism, leads to this season taking and shoving one foot in your piehole and the other in your ***.
That'd be swell.

Welcome to Lawrencecounty.rivals.com/baseball/.php?
Wouldn't it...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
I truly wonder what good it does the kids to see all the "adults" bicker and carry on about them?

Seriously, the pleasure in reading this site is fading fast and that's really, really sad!
[quote=Dawg@heart]I truly wonder what good it does the kids to see all the "adults" bicker and carry on about them?

Seriously, the pleasure in reading this site is fading fast and that's really, really sad![/QUOTE]

This is so true for the baseball thread. You get tired of the same people (kids or adults) jacking threads and tootin the same ole horn (mostly their own).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
ENOUGH with this childish stuff boys! Either it stays on topic, or I will issue MORE infractions as well as I'm sure other members of the staff will also do. Better than that, this one will be closed as the other one was! Keep it on topic and discuss this within the rule guidelines without insults!

If you need assistance feel free to e-mail me at:
[email=phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com]phs1986@bluegrassrivals.com[/email]