Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weather
The leading edge of the approaching cold front/squall line just hit Paducah at 1 p.m. CST. It is nasty. Was a balmy 67 at the time and now it is 49 about 15 minutes later.
Its sunny and warm here in Middlesboro at 73 degrees.
Sunny and warm here in harlan about 70. good luck bell county hope you all win. :rockon:
usmc6753 Wrote:Sunny and warm here in harlan about 70. good luck bell county hope you all win. :rockon:

Thanks man!! Its going to be a HARD game.

Tomorrow its suppose to be a high of 39 and a 80% chance of snow. :biggrin:
It's been constant rain in NKY since 9:00 AM. Seriously, we are getting all of the Fall rain in one day!
Be a long cold ride hopefully for highlands and boyle county, do my heart good to see road signs for both teams claiming a state title this year. good luck. :flame:
Feels pretty good here in Belfry. Supposed to be around 40 tomorrow night. Will be raining when we wake up, but all cleared up by game time!
From what I heard its in the low 70s in most areas now but once the cold front comes through it is supposed to drop to around 30 by tonight with the chance of Snow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
NKY to get down to 27 and snow showers tonight, clear and cold by 6am. Deer will be going nuts! Deer hunting during the day, Highlands vs Harlan at night! Don't get no better than that! Yeee Haaaaa!
Stardust Wrote:It's been constant rain in NKY since 9:00 AM. Seriously, we are getting all of the Fall rain in one day!

Could you guys load a tanker of two of that extra water and bring it with you. Our pumping station is running really dry...lol. JK:biggrin:
2dog Wrote:NKY to get down to 27 and snow showers tonight, clear and cold by 6am. Deer will be going nuts! Deer hunting during the day, Highlands vs Harlan at night! Don't get no better than that! Yeee Haaaaa!

2Dog....lol (love that username)....I have a question for you. It's time to walk out of the woods tomorrow, you have really stayed longer than a comfortable trip will allow...The biggest, baddest, bullwinkle built 16 pt you ever saw walks in front of you. What is you play?
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Thanks man!! Its going to be a HARD game.

Tomorrow its suppose to be a high of 39 and a 80% chance of snow. :biggrin:

Get'em Bell!
cold, rainy, chance of snow flurries in louisville during day, not sure about temps/precipitation chances at kick-off time, just know it is sounding like a cold friday night. good playoff weather
Bear_Paw Wrote:2Dog....lol (love that username)....I have a question for you. It's time to walk out of the woods tomorrow, you have really stayed longer than a comfortable trip will allow...The biggest, baddest, bullwinkle built 16 pt you ever saw walks in front of you. What is you play?
That would be nice! I have a low light 3x9 scope and a .270 A-Bolt rifle. Setting in a tower stand that looks like an outhouse on stilts. Looking down on a 20 acre field/powerline with a saltlick, two corn piles and a pond. Shooting table with sand bags and an autographed picture of brother Ralph Stanley on the wall. That big boy aint got a chance! Drop him, get the truck and flashlight. Gut him out. By then my buddies will be there to help me load him. Off to the meat locker. Home with the head by game time. I don't usually drink, but I should be wiped out by halftime. Run outside to look at the head and drink another beer. Scare my beagles to death by yelling like a nutcase while listening to 2nd half. If Highlands wins, I pass out with a smile on my face! If not, I'll go outside, huge my dead friend and have a good drunken cry! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!:biggrin:
Weather is great in Harlan right now, but it is suppose to turn bad tomorrow -very cold and wet. I'm just hoping it doesn't rain during the game.
2dog Wrote:That would be nice! I have a low light 3x9 scope and a .270 A-Bolt rifle. Setting in a tower stand that looks like an outhouse on stilts. Looking down on a 20 acre field/powerline with a saltlick, two corn piles and a pond. Shooting table with sand bags and an autographed picture of brother Ralph Stanley on the wall. That big boy aint got a chance! Drop him, get the truck and flashlight. Gut him out. By then my buddies will be there to help me load him. Off to the meat locker. Home with the head by game time. I don't usually drink, but I should be wiped out by halftime. Run outside to look at the head and drink another beer. Scare my beagles to death by yelling like a nutcase while listening to 2nd half. If Highlands wins, I pass out with a smile on my face! If not, I'll go outside, huge my dead friend and have a good drunken cry! Yeeeeee Haaaaaaa!:biggrin:

Are you SURE you're not from Harlan...lol? Win, lose or draw sounds like a great day!

Love the description of the area and stand. The Ralph Stanley pic is a great touch!
Bear_Paw Wrote:Are you SURE you're not from Harlan...lol? Win, lose or draw sounds like a great day!

Love the description of the area and stand. The Ralph Stanley pic is a great touch!
My mom is from Harlan, Dad is from Knox Co. so you guessed pretty good! Played football at Highlands, but was a second stringer. Always talked like a hillbilly!
Tons of rain here. The temperature dropped 10-20 degrees in a few hours. It went from the 60's and 70's to the 40's.
Tica Wrote:The leading edge of the approaching cold front/squall line just hit Paducah at 1 p.m. CST. It is nasty. Was a balmy 67 at the time and now it is 49 about 15 minutes later.

yea we got it here 1st in Jonesboro ar, was 69 this morning, supposed to be 27 tonight, and chance of light snow or sleet...been pouring dwon preatty much all day...Sad
Bear_Paw Wrote:Could you guys load a tanker of two of that extra water and bring it with you. Our pumping station is running really dry...lol. JK:biggrin:

I already heard you had water from five counties pumped onto to the field already :biggrin:
Stardust Wrote:I already heard you had water from five counties pumped onto to the field already :biggrin:

lol with a day like today i dont see how any water could be on the field tomorrow night if it dont rain until then.
The car said it was 75 at one point today making for a perfect thanksgiving. With the wind being as strong as it was too it should be completely dry making perfect football weather.
All kidding aside guys....yesterday I drove out to the field and had a look. For what we have right now it is about as good as it gets. The field is just as someone described above....it is brown, but cut very low and I didn't see a drop of water or spec of mud anywhere. The front is just now comming through....very windy. There is a 100% chance of rain tonight between midnight and 2am but precipitation chances diminish substantially through the night and are at near zero for the game. As dry as it has been this year either the water sucked right up or runoff.

I'm pumped....all of HC is pumped! Let's get it on! WOOOOOOH lol
Bear_Paw Wrote:All kidding aside guys....yesterday I drove out to the field and had a look. For what we have right now it is about as good as it gets. The field is just as someone described above....it is brown, but cut very low and I didn't see a drop of water or spec of mud anywhere. The front is just now comming through....very windy. There is a 100% chance of rain tonight between midnight and 2am but precipitation chances diminish substantially through the night and are at near zero for the game. As dry as it has been this year either the water sucked right up or runoff.

I'm pumped....all of HC is pumped! Let's get it on! WOOOOOOH lol

Highlands boys are used to playing late into the season and cold weather games. How are the HC boys going to react to the cold?
Snowing in Owensboro, Louisville, and Cincy now.
2 am here in Estill and its raining and has been raining for a little while
BellCoBobcats09 Wrote:Snowing in Owensboro, Louisville, and Cincy now.

Put Lexington and Bowling Green down now. lol
sstack Wrote:Highlands boys are used to playing late into the season and cold weather games. How are the HC boys going to react to the cold?

Do you really have to ask that question about kids raised in a place that only has 5 hours of sunlight a day :biggrin:
Yesterday it was 70 degrees here and this morning it is 27 and sunny with about an inch of snow on the ground.
Bear_Paw Wrote:Do you really have to ask that question about kids raised in a place that only has 5 hours of sunlight a day :biggrin:

But they are usually inside playing Basketball at Thanksgiving:biggrin: JK
The sun is shining, looks like a great day for football. Although it will be cold, I've got my hand warmers and toasty toes!! Can't wait for the game.