Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lexington Catholic 2011
i don't know about others but I am very excited about next years Knights! We return our leading passer, top two rushers, leading reciever, and 9 out of 11 starters on defense.
Their QB is very good. They should be a force in 4A next year.
LexCathKnight15 Wrote:i don't know about others but I am very excited about next years Knights! We return our leading passer, top two rushers, leading reciever, and 9 out of 11 starters on defense.

What about the ol and dl? Without a good line, everything else will suffer.
Twitter: @tc_analytics

I believe they return 4 starters on the OL and all their DL starters. They only had 6 seniors that even played against Boyle County in the regional finals.
This team could be real good.If they keep Letton at OC then there is no doubt in my mind they will score points and alot! On the line they have a huge hole to feel at LT the Whitman kid is the best left tackle in the state.He has to be because no body can compete with him.6'6 I would guess 260 athletic and can run.He has completely flown under the radar.I think he is going to Harvard from what I have herd should be at Ky .Letton on defense will be hard to replace and im sure he will go somewhere nice at the next level.I also wish he would have played more TE early in the season has good hands and can run after the catch.Offense will be led by Bolin, He really showed his potential this season, when they opened it up they could score on anyone and alot.Im sold on this kid and know he is high on the list nationally. Im sure Boyle County fans will agree. Bush is a great reciever,Mattingly(who was hurt) missed several games but is hard nose and real good and started as a freshman.They have several good players and I cant list all of them,but I think they will be at the top of the pack in 4A or they should be.
I seen the phrase, "A force next next year." Will Catholic being in the hunt for a state championship in 11?
Bolin is a stud at QB and they have some other weapons. If they have any line returning they will give Boyle a run in that district, and may be primed to go even further.
EJJAGS Wrote:Bolin is a stud at QB and they have some other weapons. If they have any line returning they will give Boyle a run in that district, and may be primed to go even further.

The Knights are returing 4 of the 5 oline starters and go 2 deep of players who started games on the dline. Also they are bringing back James Maddox who was leading the team in rushing before an ankle injury ended his season. No disrespect to Boyle but I think we should be favored in the district in 2011
I think Lex. cath.will be good on offense next season with bolin they will be hard to stop.on the other hand thier defense was horrible this year.if Lex.cath.is gonna win the distric they better get a defense.cause i think they they will have to out score alot of teams next season to win.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I think Lex. cath.will be good on offense next season with bolin they will be hard to stop.on the other hand thier defense was horrible this year.if Lex.cath.is gonna win the distric they better get a defense.cause i think they they will have to out score alot of teams next season to win.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.
MSU Eagle Wrote:Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

My sentiments exactly.:Thumbs:
Defense is LC's Achilles's heel. They essentially have to outscore their opponents. And, they lack a solid run game. O-line will be suspect, but then again, anybody can pass block. The best RB prospect (Hinkle) they had transferred this year. Supposedly, they got a kid from Bryan Station who might be promising. QB (Bolin) is solid and WR (Bush) makes him look like a hero. Sophomore class will need to grow up fast.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:Defense is LC's Achilles's heel. They essentially have to outscore their opponents. And, they lack a solid run game. O-line will be suspect, but then again, anybody can pass block. The best RB prospect (Hinkle) they had transferred this year. Supposedly, they got a kid from Bryan Station who might be promising. QB (Bolin) is solid and WR (Bush) makes him look like a hero. Sophomore class will need to grow up fast.

Hinkle? I never herd of that kid,who is he ? where did he go? and what did he do this year? Im sorry I never herd of him and have followed the program for years.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:Defense is LC's Achilles's heel. They essentially have to outscore their opponents. And, they lack a solid run game. O-line will be suspect, but then again, anybody can pass block. The best RB prospect (Hinkle) they had transferred this year. Supposedly, they got a kid from Bryan Station who might be promising. QB (Bolin) is solid and WR (Bush) makes him look like a hero. Sophomore class will need to grow up fast.

DAD POST!! Did some research sounds like sour grapes kid went to Lexington Christian and that didnt work out now at one of the Jessamine schools,hope it works out for your son.Dont be a hater!
havesomefun Wrote:DAD POST!! Did some research sounds like sour grapes kid went to Lexington Christian and that didnt work out now at one of the Jessamine schools,hope it works out for your son.Dont be a hater!

I don't think he sounded like a hater. Said the defense was a problem. I saw the game vs. Covcath. Defense was a huge problem. Gave up 50+ points to a team coming off a 61-7 loss.

Only called Hinkle a prospect. To me a prospect hasn't made it yet. Whether he was the best prospect or not is debatable. Let's face it, not all schools give every kid the equal opportunity. All things being equal, the kid whose dad cuts the grass and gives more volunteer time and money gets the spot over the kid whose dad is working overtime to send his kid there. I see this at Catholic school from time to time.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I don't think he sounded like a hater. Said the defense was a problem. I saw the game vs. Covcath. Defense was a huge problem. Gave up 50+ points to a team coming off a 61-7 loss.

Only called Hinkle a prospect. To me a prospect hasn't made it yet. Whether he was the best prospect or not is debatable. Let's face it, not all schools give every kid the equal opportunity. All things being equal, the kid whose dad cuts the grass and gives more volunteer time and money gets the spot over the kid whose dad is working overtime to send his kid there. I see this at Catholic school from time to time.
I have had 2 kids go through the Catholic program,neither one were stars.I can say this as far as football goes.I have never seen any kid get shafted because some other parent did more volunteer work.It might happen at your school but not ours.I dont have a dog in this hunt and I stand by the comment "HATER" I have found out the history of the person who wrote the post and am justified in my comment.Sphire and the current coaches play the kids that they think can win the ball games period.Im not going to say that in some instances little johnny might get looked over but that is coaching and these guys are good fair coaches. If the cream rises to the top they will play.He called the kid the "best running back prospect". Then he went on to say the O-Line is a problem,Catholic loses 1 starter LT from a good line.Then anybody can pass block,which was ment as a SA comment.Defense needs a fix but when you play sophs that will happen.they will grow.
Sphire is not even the coach numb nuts! You are an idiot and a disgrace.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:Sphire is not even the coach numb nuts! You are an idiot and a disgrace.

You might want to stop calling people names. You also sent me a pm that I assume was intended for the person that quoted you. You can pm me an apology.
My apologies Wideleft1.

havesomefun is the numbnuts!

I am NOT the father of the kid who got shafted, but I am a good friend of the family. The boys dad was a volunteer coach who put in hundreds of hours @ LC. The decision makers at LC wouldn't give the kid a look. Can't blame them for not wanting to pay to get screwed. The boy will be a leading rusher in the state next year, mark my words. It really ****es me off to see people on here make comments on subjects they know nothing about.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:My apologies Wideleft1.

I am NOT the father of the kid who got shafted, but I am a good friend of the family. The boys dad was a volunteer coach who put in hundreds of hours @ LC. The decision makers at LC wouldn't give the kid a look. Can't blame them for not wanting to pay to get screwed. The boy will be a leading rusher in the state next year, mark my words. It really ****es me off to see people on here make comments on subjects they know nothing about.

Sphire was the coach before Letton took over.So lets see. The dad was a coach and the kid didnt even get a look? WOW!!! You mean to tell me that The kid that will lead the state in rushing next year,and who's dad was an asst. coach didnt even get a look? Thats terrible I agree,I dont have any idea why they would be such a poor judge of raw athletic ability.Then the kid goes to Lexington Christian and those coaches dont see it either.Now onto Jessamine county where if he is going to be the leading rusher in the state next year Im sure he had some great numbers this past season.Dang for the life of me the name Hinkle just doesnt ring a bell and I follow football in the area as much as anyone. I am sure the young man is a good football player but when you say he was "screwed" then you are making character accusations about the coaching staff.I picked up the animosity in your first post tword Lex Cath and the mentioned players,others did not. Why dont you just say that the kids parents (you) didnt feel he got his just do at LC and move on.To be a friend of the family you seem to take this very personal. Numbnuts hmmm thats very classy. Oh and by the way since the dad gave hundreds of hours then his kid should get special treatment? you just made my point from earlier post.THANK YOU. At Catholic if you can play you will!
Just did some research on the topic. Hinkle was the runningbacks coach at the time his son was playing for LC. Doesn't make much sense to say that his son was getting shafted when the father was the one in charge of his specific position? :confused:
KnightTime Wrote:Just did some research on the topic. Hinkle was the runningbacks coach at the time his son was playing for LC. Doesn't make much sense to say that his son was getting shafted when the father was the one in charge of his specific position? :confused:

OH MY GOSH..now that is hilarious:footballphil your argument just went down the :flush:
I wanted to clarify my post.I want to make it clear I am in no way knocking this kid.I am sure he is a fine football player and even a better young man.I hope he leads the state in rushing because from who I have spoke with Im sure he has alot of pressure off the football field. My problem is with the poster and the negative comments tword Lex Cath and the coaching staff.Guys its only a game and if kids cant have fun playing a game get them out of it..ITS ABOUT THE KIDS!!!! alot to be taken from the experiances and relationships formed in team sports whether you are a star or not.
I hope the Hinkle kid went to West Jessamine because he will not take carries from Cameron Thomas at East Jessamine.

LexCath will be nasty next year and I have no reason to believe that their problems on defense won't be fixed by week 0. LexCath worries me next year. Their offense looked unstoppable against Boyle and I would think it would only get better.
If Hinkle was sooooo good, then how much playing time did he get at E. Jessamine this season? I watched the Catholic-East game and I only saw him on special teams and he recorded NO carries.
I'm sure the Hinkle kid is a good kid who will be a very solid high school football player. There is no need to bash him personally because someone on here wanted to talk him up. Lets get back to the topic. What does Lexington Catholic need to do to improve and/or stay successful in 2011?
Mr. Hinkle was the RB Coach @ LC last year. This fact proves that he was there to do a job and make a contribution and not just to promote his son. In fact, I happen to know that he has been coaching for many years, long before his son ever started playing. If I recall correctly, his son was only a freshman and LC had Greg Raglin last year. If I also remember correctly, Raglin was a senior who had earned his right to play and was quite good. In fact, Coach Hinkle helped Greg Raglin get into Georgetown College to play football. Coach Hinkle did not try to shove his son down anyone's throat. The fact that his son got passed over for this season by the coaches in charge proves that the staff @ LC must have had an agenda or be under pressure to play certain kids. I have seen Blake Hinkle play and he has good size, great speed and all the tools.

You are misinformed about LCA.

The boy is indeed at East Jess now and played behind a kid that rushed for over 2000 yards this season and a senior who had over 1000.

I did not say he would be THE leading rusher next year. I said he will be A leading rusher next year. Cam Thomas and Blake Hinkle will be an unstoppable backfield and LC's loss is EJ's gain.

I am not trying to bash LC. I am only stating facts and observances. You (havesomefun) are bashing a 15-16 year old boy. Anyone can talk trash about a kid but I doubt you or anyone else would have the guts to say this to his father's face. If you somehow think that bashing kids is helping them to have "fun" you are a sick individual. In addition, if you are getting personal information on a kid from a former school, and broadcasting slanderous remarks, you are opening yourself and the school up to all kinds of legal action. Good luck to you loser. I will inform Coach Hinkle of this post. He is a coach @ EJ now if you want to contact him and take it up personally. LOL Good luck with that.
No bashing of a kid here only bashing of you . You still havnt answered my question.WHAT WAS THE AGENDA of the LC coaches you talk about.Who in the backfield this year would he have taken carries from? who next year? Im saying that you have the problem not the kid.This isnt about the kid its abiout you and your accusations.Dont slant the post saying I am knocking a kid.Im knocking you! You get on this site and talk about LC agendas but you cant tell me what it is.All you have to do is tell me one agenda,that should be easy since you seem to be very familiar with it.
FootballPhilosopher Wrote:My apologies Wideleft1.

Looks to me like you said leading rusher in the state.Is that not what the post says.So essentially your whole premise is the kid got ,and let me quote"shafted" at LC.Therefore the coaches had and agenda.Again tell me the agenda and who got the special treatment?
You are knocking me for telling the truth?

I am close to the Hinkles and a follower of local football for many years. I do know the story and as a close family friend, I will stand up for what's right.

Anyway, I am pulling for the kid, not for LC. The facts still remain: 1.) No Defense 2.) No running game 3.) Weak O-line

On the positive: 1.) Good QB 2.) Good WR 3.) big group of Sophomores for future

I don't have a problem, but if Coach Hinkle discovers your identity, you might.