Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Who are the best big men in the 15th
I want to hear your opinions
To me the best big man is Shawn Thompson hands down. He has the determination needed for the next level and look he has scored many points and rebounds this year.
Definitely Thompson from Lawrence County; I don't know his name but #22 from SC; and Kyle Rice from Johnson Central. All put in quality minutes for their team and simply make them better.
How is Ryan Fannin from JC doing this year. Early on he had a couple of double doubles, but I haven't seen any stats lately.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Definitely Thompson from Lawrence County; I don't know his name but #22 from SC; and Kyle Rice from Johnson Central. All put in quality minutes for their team and simply make them better.
#22 is Brandon May
JC-Kyle Rice
LC-Shawn Thompson
JC-Ryan Fannin
MC-Wes Helton
"m00se" Wrote:JC-Kyle Rice
LC-Shawn Thompson
JC-Ryan Fannin
MC-Wes Helton

Oh I forgot about Mr. Helton! My bad....he is definitely one of the best in the region.

And thanks Superman for the name of #22. I appreciate it.
"JMac" Wrote:How is Ryan Fannin from JC doing this year. Early on he had a couple of double doubles, but I haven't seen any stats lately.

So far Fannin has always made a good showing in the games. He's a monster on the inside. I don't have stats for you...just my personal views on the games I've seen and listened to.
"Imnottelling" Wrote:So far Fannin has always made a good showing in the games. He's a monster on the inside. I don't have stats for you...just my personal views on the games I've seen and listened to.
The only problem that I have with Fannin is he flop's way to much on defense. He has flopped so much that when ever there is a charge the official won't call it and I've heard this straight from an official's mouth. In no way am I putting Ryan down because I like what he has brought to the team this year and my only question is..... Why didn't Trimble play him last year?

Keep up the good work Ryan!
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:The only problem that I have with Fannin is he flop's way to much on defense. He has flopped so much that when ever there is a charge the official won't call it and I've heard this straight from an official's mouth. In no way am I putting Ryan down because I like what he has brought to the team this year and my only question is..... Why didn't Trimble play him last year?

He didn't play last year? Wow, for some reason that really shocks me.
Brandon Kidd from Betsy Layne.

Wes Helton from Magoffin. Helton is still learning the role of "go to guy" for the Hornets. He seems uncomfortable with that at times. But when he's comfortable and focused, he is one of the best overall players in the 15th, not just post players. But he's still growing into that role.

Ryan Little for South Floyd is an excellent post player - smooth, smart, effective!
"You Betcha" Wrote:Brandon Kidd from Betsy Layne.

Wes Helton from Magoffin. Helton is still learning the role of "go to guy" for the Hornets. He seems uncomfortable with that at times. But when he's comfortable and focused, he is one of the best overall players in the 15th, not just post players. But he's still growing into that role.

Ryan Little for South Floyd is an excellent post player - smooth, smart, effective!

Isn't Wes Helton a senior this year? I don't know why I keep thinking that he is....and if he is don't you think its a little late for him to try to get comfortable? A bit late in the season don't you think?
"You Betcha" Wrote:Brandon Kidd from Betsy Layne.

I Agree, Brandon Kidd.
ryan fannin and kyle rice from jc
Ryan Little
ryan little
Brandon Kidd or Ryan Little
i agree homer they are both outstanding players
"Golden Eagle" Wrote:The only problem that I have with Fannin is he flop's way to much on defense. He has flopped so much that when ever there is a charge the official won't call it and I've heard this straight from an official's mouth. In no way am I putting Ryan down because I like what he has brought to the team this year and my only question is..... Why didn't Trimble play him last year?

Ryan broke his wrists (both) last year if I remember correctly. He didn't come back in playing shape and played JV the rest of the year. As he hadn't yet played varsity, he almost transferred out for his last year. Imagine what type of team they would have had across the creek with a legitimate force in the middle.

Is Ryan good enough to play small college ball somewhere?
"Imnottelling" Wrote:Isn't Wes Helton a senior this year? I don't know why I keep thinking that he is....and if he is don't you think its a little late for him to try to get comfortable? A bit late in the season don't you think?

Yes, he's a senior. But this is the first year he's been the starting center. He played behind senior "Goose" Allen as a sophomore and behind senior Brad Marshall as a junior. So I don't think 10 or so games into your first season as a starter is "a little late to be getting comfortable". The guys he's playing with have been starting for 3 years. Half of the "getting comfortable" is those players getting comfortable with giving him the ball. They're starting to do that now and he's starting to show why he's one of the best post players in the region.
how about shane grimm i know he plays the 3 and 4 but still a big man
"HomeGrown" Wrote:how about shane grimm i know he plays the 3 and 4 but still a big man

Not even in the same league with Kidd, Helton, Little, etc. as a post player!
kyle rice and ryan fannin from jc
Kyle rice:theman:
What abot Devin Rice for Magoffin? Very strong around the goal and is hard to stop once he gets it low. A couple of more inches and Rice could be unstoppable.
Shawn Thompson
I'd have to go with Rice and Helton from MC, Brandon Kidd from BL, and Thompson from LC, i have played against two of these men and I play with the other two and IMO best out there no questions..
I don't know how you could leave the P'burg duo of Leslie & Barnette out.
Kyle Rice and Ryan Fannin
"You Betcha" Wrote:Not even in the same league with Kidd, Helton, Little, etc. as a post player!
I don't think Kidd is in the same league with Rice (JC), May (SC), & Little (SF). One thing all good players have in common is they win. Kidd has 4 wins (1 coming against Allen Central [1-14] and another against David [0-21].

Rice is 12-6
May is 8-10
Little is 9-9

Kidd may put up impressive numbers, but the most impressive I just posted. Unless he starts beating some people he shopuld not be considered an elite player IMO. I think he is the most over-rated player in the region on the most over-rated team.