Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity 42 - St. Xavier 6
What a waste to play that game in Papa John's. I know they get a large crowd if St. X thinks they have a chance, but put it in a smaller venue. What about the old Cardinal stadium? Can it still be used or is it a place to park tractors?
Wideleft01 Wrote:What a waste to play that game in Papa John's. I know they get a large crowd if St. X thinks they have a chance, but put it in a smaller venue. What about the old Cardinal stadium? Can it still be used or is it a place to park tractors?

I dont know why they would play any football game on astroturf anymore

I agree though, play it at home
^ From the shots of the stands, it was not played at Pap Johns due to the expected crowd
Congratulations Trinity!
toussaints Wrote:I dont know why they would play any football game on astroturf anymore

I agree though, play it at home
Currently, an agreement between the two schools dictates that they play at PJCS due to parking issues. St X seats 6,000 and Trinity seats 4,500, each could squeeze 9,000 into their stadiums. Usually the second game draws 10-15,000.

The schools made money - around $18,000 each after expenses. U of L gets concessions and parking receipts. I would have loved to see this played at Trinity.

The old Cardinal Stadium is in disrepair. If the state would invest some $$$, that would be a great site and the finals could return from Bowling Green.

The state fair board says they do not have the funds to repair Cardinal Stadium or to tear it down.