Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2012
[quote=i am a champion]and how would you know that?? i think your posts are retarted??
:biglmao: they shure didnt look like that that is all they did this past season they had over 20 kids benching over 200 an i would know that because i saw it my self :happysmile:[/QUO

I'm not quite an expert on football and strength coaching but I've been in the iron game long enough to know when it comes to football bench pressing should be no where near your primary concern, I'm not impressed with a decent bench as much as I am a good squat, deadlift, clean n press. and even your agility work and explositivity work should be above bench pressing all day, and I know for a fact most numbers from BLHS are partially inflated one example was a video of a player benching 195 for a 2 RM then claimed a 235 1 RM even going by the 1 RM calculator 195 for 2 is a 205 1 RM and another example is coaches letting players max out on deadlift with a trap bar? uh sorry the coventional straight bar deadlift is much harder and most people see about a 30% overload with a trap bar v.s. straight bar. maybe they should hire a good strength coach? cause this is common knowledge to anyone who researches the internet for any type of weight training advice
Not sure what kind of team BL will have, but their field will be a major accomplishment!
Can someone post BL's schedule? Include their scrimmages too if you can. Thanks.
Just found their schedule on the KHSAA site.

Aug 18, 12 Bracken County away 7:00 PM
Aug 24, 12 South Floyd home 7:30 PM
Sep 7, 12 Allen Central home 7:30 PM
Sep 14, 12 Knott CC away 7:30 PM
Sep 21, 12 Prestonsburg away 7:30 PM
Sep 28, 12 Paintsville away 7:30 PM
Oct 5, 12 Leslie County home 7:30 PM
Oct 12, 12 Hannan, WV home 7:30 PM
Oct 19, 12 Shelby Valley home 7:30 PM
Oct 26, 12 Jenkins home 7:30 PM
That field up there is daggone awesome I was on it the other day.
I don't know about you all, but Coach Parsons has done a mighty fine job at BL! The weight program has done good as well.. I mean look at Hall,Jarrell,Lawson,and all the other former players they were fit and toned.. Don't worry what they do and dont do on the off season that isn't meant for people who dont play to see.. So next time you down a school or team think about the team you root for and worry about them.. Betsy Layne will go 9-1 maybe should be 10-0 with a state title!:Thumbs: :1: If the Bobcats keep on their head that they are the best they will win every game but they let the other tea, get in there head to much but good luck this year bobcats and bring one home for us :haters:
So Prez is going to coach the Bobcats, huh? Well that's....something. Good luck I suppose.
bobcatfootball10 Wrote:I don't know about you all, but Coach Parsons has done a mighty fine job at BL! The weight program has done good as well.. I mean look at Hall,Jarrell,Lawson,and all the other former players they were fit and toned.. Don't worry what they do and dont do on the off season that isn't meant for people who dont play to see.. So next time you down a school or team think about the team you root for and worry about them.. Betsy Layne will go 9-1 maybe should be 10-0 with a state title!:Thumbs: :1: If the Bobcats keep on their head that they are the best they will win every game but they let the other tea, get in there head to much but good luck this year bobcats and bring one home for us :haters:

Football is focused more on explositivity, fundamentals, and strength more than fit and toned, and I've been inside their weight program more than enough to know it needs a facelift, very little structure and research has went into their program the fact that benching is so revered over the much better compound movements speaks volumes to my statement. Some of the best all around athletes I've trained with has came from belfry and pburg because they emphasize more on sound structural principles in their training. Even with benching regarded so high at BLHS I've seen most linemen barely squeeze a 225 bench out which honestly isn't much at all. They need to implement straight bar deadlifts over trap bar deads, and actually perform squats that break below parallel.
No Prez was asked to step down as an assistant.
wut lol. why?