Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paintsville 57 - Lawrence County 49
LCDawg Wrote:The only logic I can see in LC having the student section behind the visiting teams bench is that in years past, for as long as I can remember, the benches were located opposite side of the floor in comparison to where they are now. This has always and remains to be the visiting teams seating section. It got to the point that the opposing teams would place their student section directly behind LC's bench and they would harass them, just as LC's student section did Paintsville the other night the entire game.

The biggest problem with it is that the student section is entirely to close to the bench. A student could hit a player in the back of the head without taking a step towards the bench or vice versa. I would say that a person would have a very difficult time walking between the bench and the student section. The man in the wheelchair had to go onto the floor in front of the benches to get to the other end of the gym. Leave the student behind the visitors bench if you want, but get them off their backs at least.
^ yep, you are correct... can barely walk through there, plus the scores tables is in between the 2 sections which makes it even harder to pass through.
ballfan87 Wrote:Bernie Carroll has always let her temper get out control with all 3 of her girls basketball games and as for the man in the wheel chair he is an old man who comes to all LC sporting events and does like to argue with the Refs.. he has been thrown out of many games.
I've known Bernie for some time now, and while I've seen her get loud and vocal at games, I don't recall her cursing the players or refs. She HAS given them an earful before, I can attest to that, but not using vulgar language that I have personally witnessed. Saw her at the game against Pikeville again, she was loud and animated in some spots, but not out of hand.