Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Betsy Layne 2013
he started defense d-tackle im pretty sure maybe mistaken
he started defense im pretty sure.. but I don't know about offense
Who is the Hamilton kid that will get carries for Betsy Layne?
His name is Tyler Hamilton. He will be a junior. Really tough back.
with coach parsons at the helm good luck .....they need help on the side lines as well its not up to just the players...you can return the whole team but if they aren't prepared then whats the point??
Congrats to #21 Blake Spencer won the Robinson scholarship (Full ride to UK)..
Hey Congrats to my lil cousin Blake. Make us proud bubby
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Hey Congrats to my lil cousin Blake. Make us proud bubby

Congrats Blake!
BOBCAT-BLACK & GOLD Wrote:Congrats to #21 Blake Spencer won the Robinson scholarship (Full ride to UK)..

Congrats Blake. Always good to get your education paid for. Good luck this year.
footballrebel Wrote:with coach parsons at the helm good luck .....they need help on the side lines as well its not up to just the players...you can return the whole team but if they aren't prepared then whats the point??

Say what you want to about Coach Red but you have to give the man credit. Betsy Layne was one of the worst teams in the state a few years ago and they may not be playing the hardest schedule in the world but they are beating teams now that destroyed them in the past. I haven't been involved with the program in years so I don't know why things have turned around, but they have.
footballrebel Wrote:with coach parsons at the helm good luck .....they need help on the side lines as well its not up to just the players...you can return the whole team but if they aren't prepared then whats the point??

Westside Wrote:Say what you want to about Coach Red but you have to give the man credit. Betsy Layne was one of the worst teams in the state a few years ago and they may not be playing the hardest schedule in the world but they are beating teams now that destroyed them in the past. I haven't been involved with the program in years so I don't know why things have turned around, but they have.

I'm with Westside on this. I use to be one of the biggest critics of Coach Parsons. What I've seen in the past few years has changed my view. As Westside pointed out they may not be playing the toughest schedule in town, but these same teams use to beat the crap out of the Bobcats. Now the Bobcats have turned the tide on these same teams. Not only that, but speaking with some of the players and parents of the program they come into games with your usual local powers such as Prestonsburg and actually believe they can & will win the game. Although they have not beaten Prestonsburg they have been competitive in the games, and they actually believe in themselves and there team.

To me the latter part of that statement means a lot. To have a group of young men believe in themselves each and every week is an accomplishment. Especially from where they was at when he arrived.

Good luck to Coach Parsons & the Bobcats this year. Except of course when you play the Blackcats.
Last time I posted on here was over a year ago and I am not from BL but that man coach Parsons has turned that program around .
Coach Parsons is getting the kids out, the believe in him, and they are winning..... Say what you want, but at the end of the day, that's what you want in a program.
What are the numbers like?
Are you that mad football rebel, that Coach didn't want you on his sideline? You should stick with the Drillers, btw how are they doing?...
2013 WYMT Pigskin Preview: Betsy Layne Bobcats

BETSY LAYNE, Ky. (WYMT) - For our latest DQ Grill and Chill Pigskin Preview we travel to Floyd County where the Betsy Layne Bobcats are looking to take that next step in Class 2A District 8.

The Betsy Layne Bobcats could easily be considered one of the more consistent teams around, going 7-4 in each of the last three seasons. However, since moving to Class 2A District 8 the Bobcats are just 1-5 against district opponents. This season though will be different.

"I think this year is the year that we actually show everybody in our district and region that we're here and we're going to make plays and we're going to win games," says senior tight end Blake Spencer.

"We're ready for that test," adds head coach Jonathan Parsons. "We want to play some bigger teams. We toughened the schedule so hopefully it pays off for us."

It's a special collection of players and Parsons knows what kind of potential lies within his team. "This is the year that something could be special if they continue to progress."

"It's not just to make plays. It's not just to run the ball or pass the ball. It's the brotherhood, family," explains Houston Hall, a senior running back.

This 'family' has accomplished a lot in their years in the blue and white, but there is one summit they want so desperately to conquer.

"Win district," says senior quarterback Dylan Hamilton. "That's our main, that's our first goal is to win district. After that, it's just a bonus."

And for that dream to become a reality there may not be a bigger game in the history of the program than the one to be played September 27th.

"I expect the hill to be rocking when the (Prestonsburg) Blackcats come up," says Spencer. "It should be crazy, and we're going to be ready."

The Bobcats begin their season, and their run at a district crown, in the Pike County Bowl on Friday, August 30th.

http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/sports/sportsov...41551.html
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
can't wait to September 27th go Bobcats