Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pikeville 56 Russell 28
jetpilot Wrote:And Pikeville's very good running and passing games.
Agreed. We saw more passing last night. Very effective, along with an impressive run game as usual. Panthers continue to play like that, look for a deep run in the playoffs. How deep ? Well see.
The Raceland/Pikeville meeting will determine how far.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Raceland/Pikeville meeting will determine how far.

That is true 55.
Aren't yall quaking with thoughts of Wburg after that. That are walking and talking different now that they are running through their district. Just ask them.
mysonis55 Wrote:The Raceland/Pikeville meeting will determine how far.

Maybe.
Or maybe the Pikeville/Hazard matchup.
Or maybe the Pikeville/Williamsburg matchup.
Or maybe the Pikeville/Mayfield matchup.
Or maybe the Pikeville/someone else from the west matchup.

One week at a time.
mysonis55 Wrote:Aren't yall quaking with thoughts of Wburg after that. That are walking and talking different now that they are running through their district. Just ask them.

W'burg is playing well. Still think Hazard beats them though.
mysonis55 Wrote:Aren't yall quaking with thoughts of Wburg after that. That are walking and talking different now that they are running through their district. Just ask them.

HaHa! Oh Lord yes! :Shaking:
Raceland vs Hazard/Williamsburg to play Mayfield in Bowling bGreen
Little late, but should be noted:

-In Friday night's game at Russell, Pikeville junior wide receiver #13 Cody Estep broke the Pikeville High School record for career touchdown receptions. With his 3 Rec TD performance, his career total climbs to 38, passing the previous record of former Panther great, Jeremiah Akers (Class of 2000)!

-This is not the only record that Estep set on the night. To go along with his fantastic offensive performance, Estep recovered 2 fumbles and had 1 INT. These 3 takeaways brought his 2013 count to 12 total takeaways (5 INTs, 7 fumble recoveries), breaking the single season record for takeaways at Pikeville High School. Estep's 12 surpasses the mark of 11 that has stood for over 25 years by Brian Mahan in 1986.

-Congratulations to Cody Estep on etching his name amongst some of the all-time greats at Pikeville High School. And congratulations to Jeremiah Akers and Brian Mahan for their excellent records that both stood for years, and will still be recognized as second all-time at PHS! HAIL PIKEVILLE!
Gotta say congrats to Cody Estep. This young man is an amazing player, and is fun to watch. Another good point to make is he is only a junior. I remember watching both Brian Mahan, and Jeremiah Akers play. All three of these young men are certainly part of PHS rich football history.
Estep is a heck of a player.
Estep has the opportunity to break some state records if he stays healthy. Cant wait to see him against Raceland's secondary. Anyone got his height/40?
Short/Fast
I've said it before and I'll say it again. What impresses me most about Cody is how he plays when he knows he's not getting the ball. The kid never takes a play off. He's a tenacious blocker! He plays to the whistle on defense which allows him to get those turnovers. But the even better thing is...Cody isn't the only player on the team who plays that way. This is a very unselfish team and they've been fun to watch all year. Now it's playoff time...KEEP CLIMBING!
Congrats on the win
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again. What impresses me most about Cody is how he plays when he knows he's not getting the ball. The kid never takes a play off. He's a tenacious blocker! He plays to the whistle on defense which allows him to get those turnovers. But the even better thing is...Cody isn't the only player on the team who plays that way. This is a very unselfish team and they've been fun to watch all year. Now it's playoff time...KEEP CLIMBING!

To me that is what is so "feel good" about the Pikeville/Raceland match up. Raceland is the same way. The seniors on this team have either let down or been let down so many times since their Frosh year, that they are determined to change their legacy. In doing so, they have gotten tighter as a group. Daylin Beech could be a 2,000 yd/20+ td rusher this year. But, coaches know that Snyder and Christian have the ability to be affective as well. Daylin never says a word. He knows on a wet field, Kane is probably the most affective back they have. So, Daylin gets his Reps as a WR, where he is just as comfortable and just as talented. Both are great programs with good tradition and great fan bases. Will be a great ball game.
Scotty_Bronson Wrote:To me that is what is so "feel good" about the Pikeville/Raceland match up. Raceland is the same way. The seniors on this team have either let down or been let down so many times since their Frosh year, that they are determined to change their legacy. In doing so, they have gotten tighter as a group. Daylin Beech could be a 2,000 yd/20+ td rusher this year. But, coaches know that Snyder and Christian have the ability to be affective as well. Daylin never says a word. He knows on a wet field, Kane is probably the most affective back they have. So, Daylin gets his Reps as a WR, where he is just as comfortable and just as talented. Both are great programs with good tradition and great fan bases. Will be a great ball game.
Looking forward to it....
As am I. Hated to see the regular season rivalry come to an end. It was starting to get good.