Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boyle county coaching vancancy
William Muney Wrote:Hodge has a good thing at bourbon and an easy path to semi's in this alignment.

Agree with this he is doing great things at Bourbon.
WILDCAT NATION Wrote:Bourbon will be moving to 4A in 2015 as their numbers are well into the next class on 2 year and 4 year averages. They have a good group of underclassmen but nothing like what they have had the past 2 years in Pope, Mitchell, Hopkins, etc. Their road is soon to get MUCH harder. Would not be surprised if Hodge isnt back at Boyle Co in the coming days.

Not sure I agree with 4A vs 3A. Minus highlands 3A seems to be tougher. With new alignment I am not sure if their will be any weak 3A regions like you will have in 4a.

At any rate hope the rebels make a great hire but I don't see Hodge taking it.
William Muney Wrote:Not sure I agree with 4A vs 3A. Minus highlands 3A seems to be tougher. With new alignment I am not sure if their will be any weak 3A regions like you will have in 4a.

At any rate hope the rebels make a great hire but I don't see Hodge taking it.

3A maybe better overall, but IMO the top 4 or 5 teams in 4A will be better than 3A's elite most years.I think any of the top 4 or 5 teams in 4A could have won the 3A title this past season.
I heard they have already interviewed a couple of people wasn't told any names though. this is nuts I'm not gonna be able to get any work done for checking the forums.
I dont know what is easier: knowing who it will be or knowing who it will not be. It will not be R. Lucas, S. Brown, C. Yeast, C. Mason, J. Perry, C. Foley,C. Smith, B. Parcells, D. Hilton, J. Phillips, G. Morris, R. Graham, S. Harp, L. French, D. Buchanon, L. Kiffin, B. Bellicek, C. Pardue, D. Mueller, C. Clevenger, B. Goldsmith, C. Strong, M. Brown. I guess that leaves a very short list of ---- 2 possibly a 3rd if the job is passed on.
Jack Lambert Wrote:I heard they have already interviewed a couple of people wasn't told any names though. this is nuts I'm not gonna be able to get any work done for checking the forums.

Bill Letton! I'm telling you. No just a jk. I'm sure whomever Boyle Co. hires, he will be a class act and will take over an outstanding rich tradition.
FBfan4life Wrote:Bill Letton! I'm telling you. No just a jk. I'm sure whomever Boyle Co. hires, he will be a class act and will take over an outstanding rich tradition.

The person I talked to yesterday is a board member they said that Boyle has a short list of 3 coaches and Bill letton was not on that list.
jlow Wrote:I dont know what is easier: knowing who it will be or knowing who it will not be. It will not be R. Lucas, S. Brown, C. Yeast, C. Mason, J. Perry, C. Foley,C. Smith, B. Parcells, D. Hilton, J. Phillips, G. Morris, R. Graham, S. Harp, L. French, D. Buchanon, L. Kiffin, B. Bellicek, C. Pardue, D. Mueller, C. Clevenger, B. Goldsmith, C. Strong, M. Brown. I guess that leaves a very short list of ---- 2 possibly a 3rd if the job is passed on.

Not saying any names, but was told yesterday that one of the coaches you said it want be is in Boyle's top 3.
Jack Lambert Wrote:The person I talked to yesterday is a board member they said that Boyle has a short list of 3 coaches and Bill letton was not on that list.

Yeah, who knows may Coach Letton does not even want to come back to coaching. Probably will just ride out his years in the public school retirement system, get out and retire, get subtitute or part time job at some schools, then coach again. He is only in his mid 40ish I think. Or just want to watch his kid Sam play out his last 2 season, either at Lex Cath or if he transfer.
Jack Lambert Wrote:Not saying any names, but was told yesterday that one of the coaches you said it want be is in Boyle's top 3.

You picked up on that, Interesting. I will have to start paying more attention to your comments:notworthy. Still, It is up to the 2 that arent listed:Thumbs:.
I'm sure he will coach again somewhere, I just don't think it will be at Boyle, but who knows I have been wrong before.I'm just relaying what I was told by a very good source.
It will most likely be Jeff Hester getting the job. Hodge was contacted, but is/was unsure if he wants to leave Bourbon County.
I was told this morning that Boyle has a new coach, and if what I was told is true a lot of people will be surprised their should be a announcement soon, but I don't expect any will be made until sometime next week
Jack Lambert Wrote:I was told this morning that Boyle has a new coach, and if what I was told is true a lot of people will be surprised their should be a announcement soon, but I don't expect any will be made until sometime next week

Its Chuck Smith, might as well spill the beans. Who does Mad cent go after now?
Full deck Wrote:Its Chuck Smith, might as well spill the beans. Who does Mad cent go after now?

WHAT???? You do know that Madison Central hired Chuck 2 weeks ago right? Unless he left and never signed on the dotted line, sure it could be Chuck as the new HC at Boyle Co. Please explain why you mentionedcoach Smith as the new HC at Boyle Co.
FBfan4life Wrote:WHAT???? You do know that Madison Central hired Chuck 2 weeks ago right? Unless he left and never signed on the dotted line, sure it could be Chuck as the new HC at Boyle Co. Please explain why you mentionedcoach Smith as the new HC at Boyle Co.

Because it is. People in Richmond are going to hate him now. I know they hired him, now he is going to resign.
Full deck Wrote:Because it is. People in Richmond are going to hate him now. I know they hired him, now he is going to resign.

Are there any rumors to this affect going around in Richmond?
I just read on preps that its official Chuck Smith is coming back to Boyle county.
Full deck Wrote:Because it is. People in Richmond are going to hate him now. I know they hired him, now he is going to resign.

WOW! Chuck just pissed a lot of people off at Madison Central. Hey GREAT coach and good luck to him and the Rebels.
FBfan4life Wrote:WOW! Chuck just pissed a lot of people off at Madison Central. Hey GREAT coach and good luck to him and the Rebels.

Why, MC hired the coach from Garrad Co, seems like they had a plan all along to hire a replacement that fast.